• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Z Moves or Mega Evolutions

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Eh. This is a fun and games question to my fellow Pokémon Fans. Which do you prefer? What's better for main/metagame? Which mechanic do you like more Are you upset that GF turned Mega Evolutions into pain for the Pokémon? What is better for Vs Battles standards? Add your own reasoning if you wish.

Pokémon going more dark/realistic/serious feels better than it keeping up at being a sugar bowl of world tbh. While the Megas seems to cause pain/lack of control, I think it seems to justify the whole "You need a bond with your Pokémon to use it". It gives a more realistic explanation than "Love makes you more powerful" or whatever Nakama bullshit.

I vastly prefer Mega Evolution. The Z-Moves' spotlight seems really undserved, so little lore of it is explained. It's basically "Have a crystal, it's OP"

I prefer Mega since its basically a reason to give us new Pokemon designs for old Pokemon but Z-moves are good for Pokemon like Pikachu who cant Mega evolve(still dont know why they didnt give a mega to raichu though)

I love both tbh. However, I wish Mega Evolutions were given to more mons that needed it like Samurott, Arbok, Haxorus(To an extent), Zoroark(To an extent), The Nido's, Fearow, Early game bugs, Druddigon etc.

Z-Moves are just flat out fun imo.

The idea of Mega Rayquaza using a Z-Moves is scary.

How about an even scarier thought? An exclusive Z-Move that requires Dragon Ascent while still retaining the ability to Mega Evolve.

IMO, they should've just gave Mega Evolutions to Pokemon who needed them. Beedrill, Mawile, Sableye, Pidgeot and Houndoom needed them. Salamence, Garchomp and especially Rayquaza didn't need them at all.

For me, I prefer Mega Evolutions. More versatility then a Z-Move IMO.

Now I gotta ask myself a thought provoking question: Do I even like summoning Knights of the Round using Z moves?

Pokemon who didn't need them:

Salamance, Garchomp, Lucario, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Latios, Latias, Metagross, Diancie, Gardevoir, Gallade and Audino because NO ONE CARES ABOUT AUDINO!!!!

Hey man, I love Audino >.>

Also, anyone else think Mega Tyranitar is actually worse than normal Tyranitar?

In VSBW standpoints, only good thing to come out of Z Moves would be Snorlax's and Pikachu's. I don't see anything really spectacular coming out of any other Z Moves (Normal ones don't count. They're not exclusive). Even Mew's doesn't look impressive...despite being called a SUPERNOVA. Geez, Gamefreak. If you're gonna make Mewtwo look like Frieza, at least give Mew his Supernova's power.

In a competitive standpoint, the status Z moves are more useful than the real things. #ZSplash

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Pokemon who didn't need them:
Salamance, Garchomp, Lucario, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Latios, Latias, Metagross, Diancie, Gardevoir, Gallade and Audino because NO ONE CARES ABOUT AUDINO!!!!
There's Mega Audino?!

Dude, Mega Audino is soooooo good in competitive NU play. That little guy has saved my team more times then I can count.

I'm as serious as I can be right now.

I would've loved Mega Butterfree so much, man. Imagine Bug Buzz + Quiver Dance with stats that rival Mega Salamence...

I need that. God, Speed Boost would just make it too good, but Adaptability is amazing as well.

Back