• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yveltal vs Beerus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also some moves Yveltal has that would help it somewhat as long as it can avoid Hakai at least once.

Disable can limit Beerus from using it again and Taunt can force Beerus to use offensive-only moves without resorting to things in his hax arsenal.

They're both bloodlusted though. Wouldn't Yveltal just try to go straight for a way to kill rather than trying to outsmart and nullify beerus?

They're both bloodlusted though. Wouldn't Yveltal just try to go straight for a way to kill rather than trying to outsmart and nullify beerus?
I mean, considering the fact that Yveltal would be seeing a bunch of things around it starting to vanish, it wouldn't be farfetched to say he'd try avoiding it with Phantom Force and then wanting to make sure that doesn't come up again.

Plus as I mentioned above, Yveltal can use its death/life absorption powers without dying or Oblivion Wing. It can use it from a distance, which would cripple Beerus without being in close quarters or in the vicinity of Hakai.

Actually Yveltal doesn't need to die first in order to use its death hax.

In the movie, he was able to conjure up a mass of dark storm clouds that absorb the life force of anything in contact and near it. It not only drained a whole mountain range of its life force, but it was also absorbing life from Pokemon that were distant from it, and it would've killed them if Xerneas didn't protect them with her life powers.
Yveltal would win. I don't get why Beerus wins here. His death manipulation doesn't take too long to kick in, it would instantly kill beerus and has a longer range. And like kukui said, phantom force

Yveltal would win. I don't get why Beerus wins here. His death manipulation doesn't take too long to kick in, it would instantly kill beerus and has a longer range. And like kukui said, phantom force
Beerus wins here because he just has to lift his hand and say a 2 syllable word, then Yveltal gets EEed.

Which would give Yveltal enough time to phantom force away while being able to death hax from a distance.

Along with disable and taunt to try preventing Hakai from being used again
I mean, considering the fact that Yveltal would be seeing a bunch of things around it starting to vanish, it wouldn't be farfetched to say he'd try avoiding it with Phantom Force and then wanting to make sure that doesn't come up again.

Plus as I mentioned above, Yveltal can use its death/life absorption powers without dying or Oblivion Wing. It can use it from a distance, which would cripple Beerus without being in close quarters or in the vicinity of Hakai.
Hakai is treated as a lock on move and/or a general area of affect as shown in the Sidra clip. As long as Beerus' hand is in the general direction of Yveltal then he gets hakaied. Beerus is shown to be incredibly precise with his EE as well, so it's not like he'll be wildly causing things to vanish. Yveltal also has no idea how strong Beerus is, so what's to assume Yveltal would strategically flee and death hax beerus from a distance?

It needs to spread wide and glow red before its absorption takes place. We don't even know the timeframe of its absorption because it's not specified by any of the dex entries. And if we go off of oblivion wing it looks even more grim for yveltal because its a pretty well telegraphed move. Beerus also has millions of years worth of experience, so I doubt he'd have much trouble getting off hakai faster.

Hakai is treated as a lock on move and/or a general area of affect as shown in the Sidra clip. As long as Beerus' hand is in the general direction of Yveltal then he gets hakaied. Beerus is shown to be incredibly precise with his EE as well, so it's not like he'll be wildly causing things to vanish. Yveltal also has no idea how strong Beerus is, so what's to assume Yveltal would strategically flee and death hax beerus from a distance?
Scan for hakai? And Yveltal wouldnt need to know how strong beerus is

Here. Yveltal would absolutely need an idea of how strong beerus is if we were to believe that Yveltal would just strategically try to teleport away and hax from a distance.
You think Yveltal would just stand there and get hit by Hakai? And what is Beerus' range for hakai? He sometimes doesnt start off with it when bloodlusted

Scaling to it's counterpart life hax which seems reasonable near instant and here is it activating the glow.

You think Yveltal would just stand there and get hit by Hakai? And what is Beerus' range for hakai? He sometimes doesnt start off with it when bloodlusted
Yveltal would attempt to attack first thing, not strategically teleport away to avoid hakai as if Yveltal had prep time. Beerus has at least tens of kilometers for scaling to Sidra. Beerus can sense killing intent and absolutely doesn't hesitate to hakai, especially if he were bloodlusted. Beerus even casually hakaied a random ghost dude for speaking to him in a rude tone, so there's no reason to assume he wouldn't hakai off the bat here.

Scaling to it's counterpart life hax which seems reasonable near instant and here is it activating the glow.
How fast is the actual life absorption though? Beerus could already be in the process of uttering the word before the life absorption even begins to take a noticeable toll.

Hakai is treated as a lock on move and/or a general area of affect as shown in the Sidra clip. As long as Beerus' hand is in the general direction of Yveltal then he gets hakaied.
NLF. This point assumes Yveltal would phantom force away straight into a linear path when that makes no sense.

Area of Effect hardly matters when Yveltal would be able to get out of said area. And why would Beerus think to erase the given area anyway the moment he sees Yveltal, from his point of view, vanish into thin air?
is shown to be incredibly precise with his EE as well, so it's not like he'll be wildly causing things to vanish. Yveltal also has no idea how strong Beerus is, so what's to assume Yveltal would strategically flee and death hax beerus from a distance?
He wouldn’t need to. Yveltal would teleport away by virtue of seeing the area around them vanish.

And even then, it’s incredibly likely Yveltal would be able to sense Beerus’s strength and the danger of it as the Aura trio have such senses at their disposal.

This whole Hakai argument also has to assume Beerus would get Hakai out faster than Yveltals multiple methods of death hax

NLF. This point assumes Yveltal would phantom force away straight into a linear path when that makes no sense.

Area of Effect hardly matters when Yveltal would be able to get out of said area. And why would Beerus think to erase the given area anyway the moment he sees Yveltal, from his point of view, vanish into thin air?
My lock on comment was responding to your quote saying "seeing a bunch of things around it start to vanish"
He wouldn’t need to. Yveltal would teleport away by virtue of seeing the area around them vanish.
If Beerus gets hakai off, it wouldn't be things around Yveltal vanishing, it would be Yveltal themselves vanishing lol.
And even then, it’s incredibly likely Yveltal would be able to sense Beerus’s strength and the danger of it as the Aura trio have such senses at their disposal.
GoD's cant be sensed by beings not on their level.
This whole Hakai argument also has to assume Beerus would get Hakai out faster than Yveltals multiple methods of death hax
Yveltal's multiple methods of death hax all revolve around an action that's reasonably slower than Beerus lifting up his hand, followed by life absorption that has an unknown timeframe of full effect.

My lock on comment was responding to your quote saying "seeing a bunch of things around it start to vanish"
Which doesn't make sense if its an AoE Hakai. IF Beerus will hakai the surrounding area, then this would be the case.
If Beerus gets hakai off, it wouldn't be things around Yveltal vanishing, it would be Yveltal themselves vanishing lol.
See above. Its either Beerus uses a localized hakai or a AoE one.
GoD's cant be sensed by beings not on their level.
Pretty sure this about people who are less than "Gods", not actual power. According to Beerus's page anyway:

"(Cannot be sensed by beings lesser than a "God")"

Along with the fact that Gods in DB who are no where near Beerus's level of power are able to sense his power, this shouldn't be speaking about actual strength levels but whether or not one is considered a deity in some fashion.
Yveltal's multiple methods of death hax all revolve around an action that's reasonably slower than Beerus lifting up his hand, followed by life absorption that has an unknown timeframe of full effect.
Besides Oblivion Wing, no they aren't. Raising wings is the same as lifting a hand, and in every media where we see Yveltal's death hax in action, its considerably quick. Along with the fact that Xerneas has been forced to act in order to counter the death hax, which also suggests its very quick. Even Yveltal's dex entry suggests this:

It happened around 800 years ago. The Pokémon known as Yveltal spread its ominous wings, engulfing the lands of Kalos in darkness. At that moment, people and Pokémon throughout the land began to fall one by one. Yveltal let out a piercing cry and took to the sky, vanishing to an unknown location.

Yveltal would attempt to attack first thing, not strategically teleport away to avoid hakai as if Yveltal had prep time. Beerus has at least tens of kilometers for scaling to Sidra. Beerus can sense killing intent and absolutely doesn't hesitate to hakai, especially if he were bloodlusted. Beerus even casually hakaied a random ghost dude for speaking to him in a rude tone, so there's no reason to assume he wouldn't hakai off the bat here.
All Yveltal needs to do is stand there and he already passively uses deathhax, beerus would lose

Which doesn't make sense if its an AoE Hakai. IF Beerus will hakai the surrounding area, then this would be the case.

See above. Its either Beerus uses a localized hakai or a AoE one.
Either way Yveltal would be getting EE'd. Beerus wouldn't just miss hakai and have the environment around him EE'd, as Beerus is shown to have high accuracy and control with his hakai. Hell, in the most recent chapter of the manga he Hakaied a huge chunk of Vegeta's armor just for show. There's no reason to assume beerus would just miss and cause random shit around him to vanish and treat it like a blast of energy which it clearly is not.
Pretty sure this about people who are less than "Gods", not actual power. According to Beerus's page anyway:

"(Cannot be sensed by beings lesser than a "God")"

Along with the fact that Gods in DB who are no where near Beerus's level of power are able to sense his power, this shouldn't be speaking about actual strength levels but whether or not one is considered a deity in some fashion.
When I said level I wasn't referring to strength. Regardless, Yveltal has no indication that he'd bypass Beerus' resistance.
Besides Oblivion Wing, no they aren't. Raising wings is the same as lifting a hand, and in every media where we see Yveltal's death hax in action, its considerably quick. Along with the fact that Xerneas has been forced to act in order to counter the death hax, which also suggests its very quick. Even Yveltal's dex entry suggests this:

It happened around 800 years ago. The Pokémon known as Yveltal spread its ominous wings, engulfing the lands of Kalos in darkness. At that moment, people and Pokémon throughout the land began to fall one by one. Yveltal let out a piercing cry and took to the sky, vanishing to an unknown location.
"Fall one by one" just makes it even more vague. "At that moment" only shows that it's within a reasonable timeframe and since "At that moment" is followed by "one by one" it doesn't really prove that it's instant. Which dex entry is this from anyways? I can't seem to find this anywhere.

Either way Yveltal would be getting EE'd. Beerus wouldn't just miss hakai and have the environment around him EE'd, as Beerus is shown to have high accuracy and control with his hakai. Hell, in the most recent chapter of the manga he Hakaied a huge chunk of Vegeta's armor just for show. There's no reason to assume beerus would just miss and cause random shit around him to vanish and treat it like a blast of energy which it clearly is not.
This isn't about him aimlessly hitting and missing with the hakai, this is about Yveltal getting out of its range when (and if) Beerus goes with the AoE Hakai. His control over it doesn't matter when up against what's teleportation as a counter against it.
When I said level I wasn't referring to strength. Regardless, Yveltal has no indication that he'd bypass Beerus' resistance.
Besides being a death god? Cause that's essentially what he and Xerneas are. Being considered a deity in any form or fashion is enough to get by the "cannot be sensed by beings lower than gods" rule.
"Fall one by one" just makes it even more vague. "At that moment" only shows that it's within a reasonable timeframe and since "At that moment" is followed by "one by one" it doesn't really prove that it's instant.
Im failing to see how this means its vague when the very text specifies its taking effect at that moment. The only thing not happening instantly is everyone in Kalos not falling from it. But what is happening is that people are getting instantly effected by it in general, which is what the point here is.

A single person falling from the hax, and then following it up with other people and Pokemon joining afterwards, means the hax effects someone instantly.
Which dex entry is this from anyways? I can't seem to find this anywhere.
It's from the X/Y games. Someone in Anistar City says this.
What's the range of the passive?
Well as shown in the scan, being in close proximiy to them. Its not that useful, but would be sufficient if Yveltal can get close to Beerus (who would have no way of knowing he'd lose his life by being close to Yveltal).

This isn't about him aimlessly hitting and missing with the hakai, this is about Yveltal getting out of its range when (and if) Beerus goes with the AoE Hakai. His control over it doesn't matter when up against what's teleportation as a counter against it.
The only time teleportation is ever coming into play is assuming that Beerus just completely misses Yveltal and EE's something else. If Beerus went with the AoE, Yveltal would be getting EEed along with it's surrondings.
Besides being a death god? Cause that's essentially what he and Xerneas are. Being considered a deity in any form or fashion is enough to get by the "cannot be sensed by beings lower than gods" rule.
Are all legendaries treated as divinity though? This doesn't matter regardless since ES isn't even on their profiles and the entire ES argument was brought up on an assumption to begin with.
Im failing to see how this means its vague when the very text specifies its taking effect at that moment. The only thing not happening instantly is everyone in Kalos not falling from it. But what is happening is that people are getting instantly effected by it in general, which is what the point here is.

A single person falling from the hax, and then following it up with other people and Pokemon joining afterwards, means the hax effects someone instantly.
"At that moment people began to drop one by one." This does present the possibility, but I'm not sure this definitely proves that it's instant.
It's from the X/Y games. Someone in Anistar City says this.
Is this a person of significant notice, or just some random civilian saying this? Forgive me, it's been years since I played gen 6.
Well as shown in the scan, being in close proximiy to them. Its not that useful, but would be sufficient if Yveltal can get close to Beerus (who would have no way of knowing he'd lose his life by being close to Yveltal).
Hm, okay.

I'll change my vote back to incon for the time being. There are still 8 votes for Beerus though.

I'm keeping my vote for Beerus, I still think Crimson shadow's reasoning ends with Beerus taking this high-diff rather than an incon

The only time teleportation is ever coming into play is assuming that Beerus just completely misses Yveltal and EE's something else. If Beerus went with the AoE, Yveltal would be getting EEed along with it's surrondings.
Again, your assuming Yveltal wouldn't be teleporting out of the Hakai's range with Phantom Force when there really isn't any reason why he couldn't.
Are all legendaries treated as divinity though? This doesn't matter regardless since ES isn't even on their profiles and the entire ES argument was brought up on an assumption to begin with.
For most mascot legendaries id say so. Not like Yveltal and Xerneas are your typical Raikou or Moltres. They're legendaries who have specific roles in upholding their part of The Pokemon World as the ones who have dominion over life and death.
"At that moment people began to drop one by one." This does present the possibility, but I'm not sure this definitely proves that it's instant.
Maybe, but the fact that people and Pokemon did immediately begin to fall would mean some out of the bunch are getting immediately death haxxed. Plus as I said before, Yveltal's death hax in the media we've seen it performed in has worked immediately as well, so it being instant or extremely quick death hax should be warranted.
Is this a person of significant notice, or just some random civilian saying this? Forgive me, it's been years since I played gen 6.
That I don't 100% recall. But I do recall him giving insightful info on both Yveltal and Xerneas which comes from Kalos lore.
Hm, okay.

I'll change my vote back to incon for the time being. There are still 8 votes for Beerus though.
I lean more for incon myself than Yveltal winning. I just disagree with Beerus winning as I believe Yveltal has enough in its favor to make this match a draw.

icon fra.
all beerus has going for him is hakai while yveltal has many defensive moves and ranged attacks to stay away from hakai.
however in truth beerus should be able to dodge oblivion wing or any of yveltals hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back