• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yung's Battle Party Tournament: Madness Maidens! (Crona & The Goddess of Rot) Vs. Heian Scholar! (Morris & Meguna)

Following. What do Morris and Sukuna have against Crona's Black Blood madness haxxing them into oblivion?

this is gonna be an interesting match isn’t it lol.

Morris resists Madness Manipulation thanks to his devil physiology assuming it can’t be dodged in the first place.

Morris resists Madness Manipulation thanks to his devil physiology assuming it can’t be dodged in the first place.
Difficult, is an aura

And he resist type 2, not type 1 and 3, we had this debate against Nessi, so he can't resist Crona

That is why Crona has no matches

Resisting Type 2 doesn't mean you can resist Type 1 and 3 as both are mechanically different from Type 2. It's similar to how resisting Type 3 Conceptual Manipulation doesn't mean you can resist Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation despite both abilities being Conceptual Manipulation.

I doubt he can dodge the blood given Crona's range with it being pretty massive, as he was capable of engulfing an entire city in a decently short time from memory. I don't remember Morris having good distance traveling feats but I could be wrong.

I see,

What do you think about Morris disintegrating the blood with his tentacles before it fully engulfs its target and even before it takes full effect? He is also able to nullify the effects of abilities around himself this way as well similar to how he used it to nullify the effects of Vanessa’s Law & Fate Manipulation and the effects of Yuno’s barrier which includes Stats Amp & Reduction + Time Manipulation.

Does Crona* utilize that sort of range early in the fight or only if she realizes she can’t catch her opponent normally? Because Sukuna’s domain expansion is not too far behind.

oh.. in the last key Crona engulfed the entire moon

IIRC Crona doesn't even fight in this key, they just seal Asura on the moon and that's it

What do you think about Morris disintegrating the blood with his tentacles before it fully engulfs its target and even before it takes full effect? He is also able to nullify the effects of abilities around himself this way as well similar to how he used it to nullify the effects of Vanessa’s Law & Fate Manipulation and the effects of Yuno’s barrier which includes Stats Amp & Reduction + Time Manipulation.
Depends on how his disintegration operates. Like, what is the range of this disintegration, its area of effect within that range etc. If it's incredibly constricted in its range and area of effect, it's probably not all that helpful in this situation given the sheer amount of Black Blood created by Crona. It would probably just sneak around him and attack his sides, back, legs, or anything which isn't directly in front of him tbh.

Can he nullify abilities which aren't magical based? as from what I remember, Crona's Black Blood is a biological ability that has zero connection with magic in verse.

Does Crona* utilize that sort of range early in the fight or only if she realizes she can’t catch her opponent normally? Because Sukuna’s domain expansion is not too far behind.
From what I remember he starts out by utilizing his Black Blood to flood the entire area, which is shown when he was in that Ukrainian city. I, however, could be wrong on this since it has been quite a few months since I read through Soul Eater.

Sorcerers resist
This should cover the type 3 madness.

And the type 3 Madness for Crona only seems to be for his sealing, no mention of it otherwise.

Sorcerers resist
This should cover the type 3 madness.

And the type 3 Madness for Crona only seems to be for his sealing, no mention of it otherwise.
I guess this should be enough to resist Crona's Type 3 (though I believe it's layered, but I can't concretely assert this as true right now, nor do I care to). It still wouldn't protect him against the Type 1 given the mechanical difference.

Well, what's mentioned is that Crona's Black Blood is inducing madness onto those it interacts with. Unless we have evidence of this being only applied onto those who are sealed in the Black Blood, the logical conclusion of the statement is that Crona's Black Blood induces madness onto those it interacts with, regardless of ability, since it's a quality of the blood, not a quality of the ability.

Depends on how his disintegration operates. Like, what is the range of this disintegration, its area of effect within that range etc. If it's incredibly constricted in its range and area of effect, it's probably not all that helpful in this situation given the sheer amount of Black Blood created by Crona. It would probably just sneak around him and attack his sides, back, legs, or anything which isn't directly in front of him tbh.

Can he nullify abilities which aren't magical based? as from what I remember, Crona's Black Blood is a biological ability that has zero connection with magic in verse

There are about 20 extremely long tentacles; 10 on each side of his body bending, curving and covering Morris from all sides as he’s always flying so he shouldn’t be sneaked from anywhere plus his tentacles can extend to help Sukuna. (AOE is more useful considering his whole body is well protected already regardless of the attack’s range, I’d say Morris’ range isn’t needed and is obviously not city wide level but definitely long enough to protect Sukuna too).

Its power nullification isn’t limited to magic alone anymore considering Morris claims his magic (disintegration and integration; cuz his magic is just taking shit apart and putting shit back together, works on bodies to instantly disintegrate or revive dead ones or turn them into a being of multiple bodies, works on mana itself to take apart grimoires which are made of mana and merge different pieces together to create multiple magic types) now works on a conceptual level. It makes sense considering magic power isn’t negated but just its effect on Morris such as Rouge’s powers not working on Morris’ attack but still physically existing since it’s existence is dependent on Vanessa’s magic and Yuno’s magic also wasn’t negated but its effect wasn’t working on Morris. So I’d say the bloods effects can be tampered in a way that it won’t work on Morris assuming it’s not totally disintegrated physically from afar in the first place with all those tentacles.

Sukuna though should resist it conventionally (Type 2 & 3) and unconventionally (Type 1; not letting the blood get into his system via completely destroying it omnidirectionally with domain expansion and/or via Morris help by staying close to him).

Ehh, I don't really care about debating this matchup all that much given I wasn't the one who originally requested Crona's team, nor do I really care about who wins this. For the sake of brevity, and to speed up the tournament. I'm fine with conceding to Morris and Sukuna winning. I don't know who requested this team, but if they can come through and give their opinion on this. It would be very much appreciated.

I requested the team lol

I honestly just… don’t know who wins. If I voted it would be inconclusive.

however, I will say that the range and aoe of scarlet bloom is something I don’t think the opposing team can comfortably deal with.

I’ve given my reasons why those attacks will be comfortably dealt with in my last post.

Sukuna though should resist it conventionally (Type 2 & 3) and unconventionally (Type 1; not letting the blood get into his system via completely destroying it omnidirectionally with domain expansion and/or via Morris help by staying close to him).
I’ll address Morris later but for now I’ll respond to the post about the character I’m more familiar with:

1) cannot spam domain expansion (He can more than anyone else in his verse, but absolutely not in the same way as the scarlet attacks or black blood for that matter, so his counter isn’t exactly an adequate option imo)

2) scarlet rot aura means Sukuna couldn’t get close to her at all, and if he does he’s toast.

1. I’m aware. It doesn’t really address the fact that domain expansion is still a defense and attack mechanism. You’re assuming Crona will keep spamming attacks when countless slashes are spawning on her body.

2. Sukuna doesn’t need to get close.

Shut up 😃

1. I’m aware. It doesn’t really address the fact that domain expansion is still a defense and attack mechanism. You’re assuming Crona will keep spamming attacks when countless slashes are spawning on her body.

2. Sukuna doesn’t need to get close.

Shut up 😃
Low-High Regen protects Crona.

Also, his domain can’t protect him from the scarlet rot mist.

What are her pain tolerance feat?
Idk it’s been forever since I’ve seen soul eater lol (anime-only)
Nue can continuously fan the mist away and Mahoraga can experience the mist* to continuously adapt to it to properly deal with it.
Too bad the ten shadow summons will be too busy fighting avatars, and any shadow that isn’t maho is getting instantly screwed over by madness.

Too bad the ten shadow summons will be too busy fighting avatars, and any shadow that isn’t maho is getting instantly screwed over by madness.
How is it instant when it’s described as process that takes some time to take effect?

Also, Like i said Nue fans the mist away with his massive wings

Sukuna might not even need to bring out mahoraga since he can summon his wheel instead and adapt to rot. Whichever way Sukuna chooses to fight I’m sure he’s good plus he can protect himself with flames. I think flames are scarlet rot’s weakness in Elden Ring.

Can the rot even affect shinigamis? Their biology is completely different and should be intangible?* (I’m not sure) and invisible to Milenia

Morris has mana skin forcefield to prevent allat mist crap from touching him. Mana skin prevents exposure to lethal phenomenons like environments with high volcanic activity, absolute zero environments, and even outer space.

Once Sukuna sees Crona is regening he will simply negate her regen by attacking her soul. She can’t even regen from Morris’ disintegration.

Once Sukuna sees Crona is regening he will simply negate her regen by attacking her soul.
No, the soul scaling in Soul Eater is much higher than that of Jujutsu, but it's almost not present on the Wiki. It's basically the same thing that happened in Fire Force, everyone focused on the big things and forgot that the characters had fire powers😭

Yeah I'm tryna get a crt for the soul stuff on page but not getting attention for it, A lot of it would really impact matches lmao. But to add onto Lynieryz: Soul Eater is all about fighting with one's soul wavelengths, the soul also can act as a barrier when projected outward as well.

Crona should be fine blocking any soul attacks from Sukuna and actually hitting his soul instead.

No, the soul scaling in Soul Eater is much higher than that of Jujutsu, but it's almost not present on the Wiki. It's basically the same thing that happened in Fire Force, everyone focused on the big things and forgot that the characters had fire powers😭

Wdym? I mean if her soul is strong wouldn’t it just take a long ass time to destroy? Well either way Sukuna just has to outtax low high regen.

Wdym? I mean if her soul is strong wouldn’t it just take a long ass time to destroy? Well either way Sukuna just has to outtax low high regen.
Crona resists soul destruction, every time Crona consumed a soul, Crona had a high chance of having they own soul destroyed and even though Crona consumed an absurd amount of souls it never happened.

Last edited:
Back