• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans Vs. Malenia // Bone Rot (Undertale Vs. Elden Ring)

Sans, the sentry from Snowdin Town

Vs.

Malenia, Blade of Miquella

• Sans is 9-B
  • Malenia is 7-A and in her Goddess of Rot key
  • Speed is equal
  • Both are in-character
  • They start 40 meters from each other
  • SBA otherwise
aVxmLMy_460s.jpg

The Blade of Miquella: 1​

4c195e826cd459ae5ca0ec59e229e807.png

Monsterkind's Last Stand: 5

(Hopefully this will be more interesting than the average Sans match)

Last edited:
Malenia in the GoR form literally starts the battle by slamming down and using an aoe. Can sans avoid it? The range is listed as several kilometers. If yes it's a bet whether she can avoid anything he throws at her with flight and deploy either the avatars or Waterfowl dance. Also won't her aura just kill him via Rot?

My vote is on the goddess for now.

I have only seen the fight really. Not too much into the lore so I can't tell much. In the fight you just kill her by whatever methods and then she revives. However in game the resurrection only happens if you kill her in her normal form in which case she transforms in this. If the lore has nothing further she doesn't have resurrection here. Don't think she needs it though. Slightly NSFW.

Malenia in the GoR form literally starts the battle by slamming down and using an aoe. Can sans avoid it?
You forgot Sans first attackkkk, Law hax goes brrrrr
The range is listed as several kilometers.
I think Sans can cover what the OP says
If yes it's a bet whether she can avoid anything he throws at her with flight and deploy either the avatars or Waterfowl dance.
Blue mode won't allow her to fly
Also won't her aura just kill him via Rot?
Distance XD

I have only seen the fight really. Not too much into the lore so I can't tell much. In the fight you just kill her by whatever methods and then she revives. However in game the resurrection only happens if you kill her in her normal form in which case she transforms in this. If the lore has nothing further she doesn't have resurrection here. Don't think she needs it though. Slightly NSFW.

Ressurection won't play a part here since she revives into her 2nd phase

You forgot Sans first attackkkk, Law hax goes brrrrr
The debate is still on whether he can even get her down or if she can fly against the push considering she is class K. If she can fly she just powerbombs him. If he can't yeah it's interesting. Just need someone knowledgeable to tell me her passive aura range.

I think Sans can cover what the OP sans
Sorry meant several hundreds of kilometers.

Blue mode won't allow her to fly
Still isn't decided.
Distance XD
Her rot infected hundreds of kilometers. Don't know if it scales to aura though.

Ressurection won't play a part here since she revives into her 2nd phase
In the profile it states that she will revive even after that but it will be in the future. (Her defeat has her leaving a giant Scarlet Aeonia flower instead of a corpse, with Millicent leaving a smaller one behind if betrayed and Gowry stating that in due time she will be reborn from it, implying Malenia will be resurrected in the future. Her voice was also still present even after she had died, and a similar case happened with Rykard claiming he will eventually be reborn)

Considering the new updates in the Soul Strenght thread Malenia can avoid them due to being able to fly and just use avatars and the scarlet blossom. At best Sans can also hit her if she uses Scarlet Blood and they both die.

Considering the new updates in the Soul Strenght thread Malenia can avoid them due to being able to fly and just use avatars and the scarlet blossom. At best Sans can also hit her if she uses Scarlet Blood and they both die.
Sans still has his first attack, While TK won't affect her she still will have to deal with insane Danmaku

Sans still has his first attack, While TK won't affect her she still will have to deal with insane Danmaku
Dude the only danmaku he can do to hit her is the beams. They have 1 meter thickness and not more than 3 or 4 are thrown at the same time. I have said it again the danmaku sans has isn't impressive. An impressive one is Omega Flowey's.

Dude the only danmaku he can do to hit her is the beams. They have 1 meter thickness and not more than 3 or 4 are thrown at the same time. I have said it again the danmaku sans has isn't impressive. An impressive one is Omega Flowey's.
Sans wouldn't be the hardest boss to fight if that was the case '-'

But it's quite literally nothing special. Especially to someone flying. Just 4 fast straightforward beams. That's all he does.
The bones from the ground which are tens of meters, bones from the right which cover the entire area, 17 meters range with gaster blasters

The bones from the ground which are tens of meters, bones from the right which cover the entire area, 17 meters range with gaster blasters
Yeah.... bones on the ground on someone flying will really help. Bones from the right where? On the air?

Again 17 meters to a hypersonic flying character who also has hundreds of kilometers range (at least that's what the profile says.)

Again 17 meters to a hypersonic flying character
I will never ******* understand why you never understand the speed of Undertale.

The bones also move at hypersonic speed which is why they can tag Frisk. THEY DO NOT MOVE AT HUMAN SPEEDS
bones on the ground on someone flying will really help.
She starts the fight by flying tens of meters above for absolutely no reason with no prior knowledge??

I will never ***** understand why you never understand the speed of Undertale.

The bones also move at hypersonic speed which is why they can tag Frisk. THEY DO NOT MOVE AT HUMAN SPEEDS
The bones are on the floor though. The blasters are the only threat.

She starts the fight by flying tens of meters above for absolutely no reason with no prior knowledge??
Yeah that's literally how second phase starts.

How good is her mobility in the air?

To be fair she doesn't seem good at dodging Danmaku considering how slow she is before attacking

Sans has higher reaction, Instinctive action and Teleport, Don't see a problem here
I am just answering "does she starts always with flight?" I don´t care about the battle
how high?
By gameplay, 20 meters to 50, in my opinion
Youtuber's First time fighting Sans be like
Good for the youtubers then, I don´t care about their opinion, Sans is harder because he breaks the game with poison/karma, no invencible frames for the player and etc

Omega Flowey spams 4000 more than Sans

I am just answering "does she starts always with flight?" I don´t care about the battle
Ah, My bad then
Good for the youtubers then, I don´t care about their opinion, Sans is harder because he breaks the game with poison/karma, no invencible frames for the player and etc
Ye, Which is something flowey doesn't do as much as Sans
Omega Flowey spams 4000 more than Sans
My opinion remains unchanged here

Voting Sans by the way

Insane danmaku which apparently there is barely danmaku on Sans level here

Higher reaction speed + TP + Instinctive action

Soulhax and karma

Did you call Malenia slow...?
He's referring to her movement speed. She's only really fast in combat speed.

The insanity of 4 straight blasts out of known areas?

It's more than just the Gaster Blasters, he can literally teleport you into his attacks of which he can spawn literally anywhere he chooses. Hell, he literally has an attack that he can do that covers the entire box and makes it impossible to not die just to troll you. Also his Gaster Blasters don't just spawn from four directions, he can spam them in any direction repeatedly as shown in numerous attacks or did you forget the rapid fire ring of Gaster Blasters at the end of his fight?

She is just flying there in the same place

She is kinda fast while attacking but not while not attacking as she is just standing there
....Are you trolling me? She is not attack that's why she just stands there. She can do the waterfowl dance so it's evident that she can move fast.

Doesn't Sans scale to papyrus who can create ginourmous bones (Better mastery with magic and all?)
Does he ever show them?

It's more than just the Gaster Blasters, he can literally teleport you into his attacks of which he can spawn literally anywhere he chooses. Hell, he literally has an attack that he can do that covers the entire box and makes it impossible to not die just to troll you. Also his Gaster Blasters don't just spawn from four directions, he can spam them in any direction repeatedly as shown in numerous attacks or did you forget the rapid fire ring of Gaster Blasters at the end of his fight?
Malenia literally starts with the move that kills him what is he gonna do once his Tk doesn't work and Malenia slams down covering hundreds of kilometers.

Anyways voting Malenia though I think Sans can hit her when she comes down so it's a tie.

Back