• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yakumo vs Kharn the Betrayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Yukari is able to directly enhance herself physically in order to match Khorne, nothing Yukari has can work against Khorne here.

^She could change her body shape, so she could directly enhancing herself. Whether she could get the needed power though...since I wouldn't really know her capacity for magic, or how she would replenish it.

Edit: I mean, one way she could get it is by colliding matter with antimatter, then collecting the energy herself. Whether she could absord that energy is up to debate,though I believe she could.

Lina Shields said:
Even if Yukari did throw anti-matter or use anti-matter weapons, I wonder if Khorne's amulet can cancel it out, since it is not considered a direct physical attack.
I can answer that. Yes, he would stop it.

In Lore, the Collar stops psionic storms that Eldar throw at Kharn that aren't directly aimed at him but rather the universe around him. It rends the area apart, except for wherever Kharn happens to be at the time.

Yeah, generally Azathoth or I can answer pretty much any question about Warhammer. I've played Tabletop for years and have read most of (if not all) of the books in the series, with the exception of the bloody end times because i haven't bought them yet.

Unlike some anti-magic shields in Warhammer and fiction in general, the Collar actually redirects and absorbs enemy magic, psionic attacks, reality warping, etc. Let me give an example.

I'm a mage, i throw my first fireball at Kharn. It gets swallowed by Collar. F*ck.

I throw second fireball, aimed at the area where Kharn is walking to avoid the Collar.

The Collar absorbs the Fireball regardless, almost redirecting my fireball into the Collar.

Andykhang said:
^If so, would aim it at the ground with planet-destroying force and blow him away with explosion work?
First off: The "force" which i'll just call magic for easier explaination, wouldn't affect Kharn. The destruction of the planet, he'd survive through Khorne's will.

To answer the question: he survives shots from a Baneblade's main canno without even a noticable scrach or disturbance in his run. Despite the explosion connecting with his chest (Collar technically), Kharn keeps running as if the force had evaporated against him.

Here's some ideas of the in-game visuals of the Baneblade's DC , notice that the Baneblade is the Imperial Guard's top of the line armor, able to go toe to toe with greater demons of Khorne and other monsters like that.

^Through Khorne's will, do you mean he would actually die from this, or he would be protected by Khorne? Because Yukari win with the former.

Andykhang said:
^Through Khorne's will, do you mean he would actually die from this, or he would be protected by Khorne? Because Yukari win with the former.
Debatable, honestly. I can only think of in Warhammer Fantasy, the Skulltaker (who is Kharn in Fantasty pretty much) is thrown into some serious shit like Outer Space, Lava, Frozen Solid, Vats of Molten Bronze, etc and survives through "Khorne's Will."

Debatable huh... guess Yukari would have a 50/50 chance if she aim an antimatter meteor storm on the other side of the planet, or inside the core for the outward explosion for, hopefully, throw him out to space.

Btw, Yukari would not be able to blow up the entire planet due to her tiering, as her AP is capped at Multi-Continent level.

Yukari would only be able to destroy the surface of Earth at maximum, which Kharn can easily tank due his durability.

^At least Multi-Continent, remember that. Antimatter could bump that up, and who know how many she could make, And even just that amount of attack would work if it's aimed at the core of the earth.

/\ Implying planet comes right after multi-continent. So, Yukari goes straight up from Multi-Continent and gets assumed to be Planet. Let's just jump straight from Multi Continent (ignoring that the entire moon tier exists, too) and say she is Planet lvl? I'm sad to be the one to say it, but this is kinda biased.

Yeah, I kinda biased. Still want to said the above though, and a Multi-Continent aimed at that place would still be devastating right? More so with Antimatter.

The issue here is that none of those attacks that you listed can work against Khorne due to the amulet's powers.

Also, Yukari has never actually displayed that she could destroy a planet in her appearances, so assuming that she has the ability to to destroy a planet is just speculation.

FateAlbane said:
@Aparajita Figures. The good counter for the anti-hax collar is no hax at all. Like Goku or Saitama.
It's amazing how many people don't seem to realize that the best counter to Kharn is literally just being stronger than him.

Not trying to be a dick but there is a thread that's stagnated that could seriously heighten some Touhou characters. It's just .... on a hiatus, yeah let's go with that. Or it's forgotten. And a recent one but that's speed so shouldn't be acknowledged. In any case it's not as if it's unlikely Yukari couldn't blow up a planet depending on a certain new interpretation due to the new books.

Oh and ah Space Marine stomps. Yeah. Beats Yukari. Whoops her butt. Typically Warhammer peeps are much more broken than Touhou, which is quite a feat. So yeah just give up Andy.

The amount of vote is enough anyway, so not like I could change thing. Guess potentialist like me can't beat the majority certainist.

Voters list:

Kharn: FateAlbane, Azathoth, EliminatorVenom, Lina Shields, Aparajita, CoreofimBalance, LobsterFiend

Yukari: Andykhang

We are waiting for one more, although Azzy would probably vote for Kharn due to reasons stated above, as the well Kharn's Amulet.

Edit: Added LobsterFiend to voters list.

Wow this thread blew up while I was gone.

But anyways, as much as I like to believe that Yukari can self-augment herself or create anti-matter, since she's proven to do way more ridiculous things, I agree with Lina that it's ultimately speculation so I'll have to concede that point.

Btw, my original vote already went to Kharn and I never declared that I changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back