• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yakumo vs Kharn the Betrayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This is a battle for the ages. Speed equalized. Who's hax is better? Also, Khorne or whatever his name is states that if Kharn dies, he's not gonna revive him this time.

For an even more interesting match, if Kharn wins, Kaguya Hoursian wants in on the action.

Yukari Yakumo 9
Kharn-bloodied

This is oddly appropriate timing, as I'm pretty sure Kharn has a new model and book about him coming out soon.

Anyway, Kharn due to pretty much being molded by Khorne to fight foes like this. It's not like everything Yukari can do will be shut off, and she could still be a legitimate threat due to range, but stuff like her boundary manipulation is pretty much just going to shut off around Kharn. However, as I said, stuff like flight and range still make Yukari dangerous, so I wouldn't say it's impossible for her to win.

• Kaguya Houraisan.
And idk, how does his Collar worked anyway? Is it like :

Kharn: Daaaaaddddy!!! She's cheeeeaating!!!

Khorne: Calm down son, let me give her a stern talking to.

Or something. Still would place bet on Yukari's ability though, since it allow her to ignored conventional (and metaphysical) limit.

I'm going with Kharn for this one as well.

@Azathoth Since you seem to know the character well, does Kharn still have access to all his powers, despite shutting off those of his opponent? Because if it works like that, Yukari loses most of her best bets at winning this and Kharn still has durability negation to boot.

FateAlbane said:
I'm going with Kharn for this one as well.
@Azathoth Since you seem to know the character well, does Kharn still have access to all his powers, despite shutting off those of his opponent? Because if it works like that, Yukari loses most of her best bets at winning this and Kharn still has durability negation to boot.
Kharn doesn't really have very many powers, as most of his powers I can think of are just nullifying others' powers so they have to fight him on equal footing. Kharn himself lacks durability negation, but his axe has it, due to being possessed by an unknown Warp entity.

Andykhang said:
*Kaguya Houraisan.
And idk, how does his Collar worked anyway? Is it like :

Kharn: Daaaaaddddy!!! She's cheeeeaating!!!

Khorne: Calm down son, let me give her a stern talking to.

Or something. Still would place bet on Yukari's ability though, since it allow her to ignored conventional (and metaphysical) limit.
In most portrayals, it just makes powers deemed unsportsmanlike cease to work while battling with or around Kharn, since his god is super big on martial honor. Kharn himself has also often given significantly weaker enemies who have challenged him a better shot by using no or very low quality weapons, as long as they too fight fair.

Yeah, for a sec I looked at his profile and thought "But wait, he has Reality Warpi... Oh wait, it's immunity."

Anyways, Kharn should take it due to his collar nullifying most of what Yukari has. Aside from that, he has Gorechild. If he hits, it'll hurt a lot and on top of that, he is superior in AP and Dura. Considering how Yukari's hax will be sealed, this will give one more advantage to him.

@Azathoth One last question, it says the collar negates things like magic. Would Magic Barriers be negated as well?

^If so, would Yukari having a major disadvantagous against him be considered unsportmanlike? If it's so, she could negotiate with him for a chance of fair battle to at least bump her physical stat too... Unless the Chaos God is being dick like usual.

Edit:Nooot to mention we don't know if his immunity would work against Yukari's boundary in the first place. Since 1. it's boundary and 2. most of RW in Warhammer is due to the warp.

Andykhang said:
Edit:Nooot to mention we don't know if his immunity would work against Yukari's boundary in the first place. Since 1. it's boundary and 2. most of RW in Warhammer is due to the warp.
Pretty sure 12-D god > Yukari's boundary manipulation.

Pretty sure 12-D god > Yukari's boundary manipulation.

Don't really know though... And look like Yukari have to use her wit, creativity, magic that doesn't come from the warp, and negotiation skill to pull through this.

Wonder what would happen with prep time though.

Edit Not to mention she still have Boundary Perception... unless that got blocked too.

Andykhang said:
Don't really know though... And look like Yukari have to use her wit, creativity, magic that doesn't come from the warp, and negotiation skill to pull through this.
No, I'm pretty sure we know. Khorne vs Yukari would be a stomp of unholy proportions, which is why that isn't the match. However, Kharn vs Yukari is an actual fight, though assuming Yukari's boundary manipulation can break through protection of a 12-D god isn't gonna fly.

No, I'm pretty sure we know. Khorne vs Yukari would be a stomp of unholy proportions, which is why that isn't the match. However, Kharn vs Yukari is an actual fight, though assuming Yukari's boundary manipulation can break through protection of a 12-D god isn't gonna fly.

I known that, not like I intend for the tier 1 match any time soon. Just that the fight isn't even in the warp, so influence is kind of iffy here.

I'm not counting for that thing though, just the thing I said above.

Wouldn't this fight basically mean "nerf Yukari until Kharn can win?" I mean, flight is suppose to be a really basic ability. Unless he purposely handicaps himself somehow, a melee fight wouldn't really be fair either way.

Who know? Chaos God is basically giant dick with warp ****, even those who accosiated with them get fked in the end.

LobsterFiend said:
Wouldn't this fight basically mean "nerf Yukari until Kharn can win?" I mean, flight is suppose to be a really basic ability. Unless he purposely handicaps himself somehow, a melee fight wouldn't really be fair either way.
There is nothing stopping Yukari from using flight or other abilities that don't rely on magic that would affect the outcome of the battle. The problem isn't that Yukari is being nerfed. The problem is you can't attempt to fight someone who specifically shuts down your hax by using said hax and expect to come out on top. If losing boundary manipulation gimps Yukari so bad that she has no chance of fighting, I wouldn't doubt Kharn would give her a weapon or something which would help against him to even the odds, as long as he doesn't see she's trying to win by using magic in the first place, which he'll likely loathe.

@LobsterField:I wouldn't really said so. First...Look like I made a mistake in judgement: The collar only gave immunity against Psyker and Psychic power, in which it implication came from. Second, even if you counted verse equalization, it's not like these thing directly interfere with the opponent, but rather gave the wearer immunity. He could still get damage by indirect mean, like using magic to create a black hole, or antimatter, or creating blade that could damage him.

Andykhang said:
@LobsterField:I wouldn't really said so. First...Look like I made a mistake in judgement: The collar only gave immunity against Psyker and Psychic power, in which it implication came from. Second, even if you counted verse equalization, it's not like these thing directly interfere with the opponent, but rather gave the wearer immunity. He could still get damage by indirect mean, like using magic to create a black hole, or antimatter, or creating blade that could damage him.
You realize Kharn has rampaged through the Eye of Terror and is said to have killed nearly every type of Daemon in existence, right? In a place where Daemons' powers are superior to what they are in realspace. Daemons who even in realspace have turned planets inside out, detonated stars, and can alter the fundamental laws of reality itself. Khorne's blessings don't strictly protect from "psychic powers". Even beings made of magic are considered to be "psykers" by 40k standards.

Also, a blade that can damage Kharn is literally just a blade with more AP than his durability. It doesn't have to have some kind of special property.

^Yeah, the more reason I said "damage'. This guy look like he could walk into a supermassive black hole and come out alive (or is that wrong?). Yukari would need to be especially crafty to deal with someone like that. Though the best option is "not dealing with him as all", one way could be to rip a permanent hole in the spacetime continuum and let him wander in here for a while.

He'd probably die (I think), but Khorne would just bring him back. However, if an enemy tried to create a supermassive black hole around him, it could be nullified by Khorne's blessings. A lot of Kharn's nullification powers depend entirely on the circumstance, and will pretty strictly come into play in fights, most of the time.

^He would die once, and in this match that mean Yukari win though. And yeah, that's why I said to rip a permanent hole (since technically that would become a natural disaster and follow the law of physics) in the spacetime continuum and kick him in there as fast as you can, prefertively head first.

Andykhang said:
^He would die once, and in this match that mean Yukari win though. And yeah, that's why I said to rip a permanent hole (since technically that would become a natural disaster and follow the law of physics) in the spacetime continuum and kick him in there as fast as you can, prefertively head first.
Why would Kharn walk into a supermassive black hole in the middle of battle?

Kharn is used to travelling through alternate planes of existence, and I'm quite certain he knows how to return. That, and even getting him through said rip would require Yukari to get close, which is extremely dangerous.

So supermassive black hole == permanent hole in spacetime continuum for you huh. The way is completely different though.

And fighting him is just as dangerous as well. Well, Yukari is way more crafty than we ever imagine, she would think of something else to do that. And even if he could travel to alternate plane, I doubt he could do that easily with only his head...or arm...or piece of meat.

No, you said Kharn looks like he could walk into a supermassive black hole and live. I said that is very doubtful, unless said supermassive black hole was the result of an enemy trying to kill him. I then explained how his power nullification is circumstantial. Reread my comment.

I'm sure that would work wonders on the guy who literally got up from being dead because violence revived him, and also walked off having the entire inside of his torso torn out and was then dragged across a battlefield. It's also far more likely Kharn would use an enemy trying to push him into an obvious rip in space-time to his advantage. This is the guy who has been fighting for 10,000 years, and who despite his seemingly blind insanity, has been repeatedly cited to be one of the best combat tacticians in the galaxy. He's incredibly good at what he does.

^And as I said again: Yukari is more crafty than we could imagine. Just think of the Chaos God-like being that she have to think countermeasure of, including one that literally look at the universe as a string. Nigh-unlimited power come with Nigh-unlimited danger, as people said.

Yukari is incredibly intelligent, but I don't think you can compare her to a Chaos God.

Like, at all.

Especially if we were to talk about someone like Tzeentch, who creates flawless plans spanning countless eons and multiple planes of reality.

Still, even then, it's not the same in the middle of a fight with no prior knowledge of your foe, especially when some of your powers suddenly stop working.

^I don't compare her to one, I said she would think of countermeasure for being that would be more broken than him (Kharn) and his opponents. And she still have the boundary perception (and just her base one) that would give her insight to what she would face (in clear, 1800+ graphic chaos definition).

Because using Boundary manipulation, which is shut off, to create a supermassive black hole would totally happen. Yup, 100% sure Khorne would think that falls under honorable combat.

This is the same thing as in that dreaded match against Kaguya. You're trying to think of the most impossible/improbable/absurd scenarios in order for Yukari to get this - like her Boundary Manipulation being stronger than Khorne, the Blood God powers.

^Yeah, I know that (hate to use that again). But again, isn't Khorne one is circumstand-based? I doubt he would tried to seal something she hasn't planned to use yet, and as long as it fall into sportmanship and not cowardice, she would still have used for it. And there're ton of way you could used it in a "sportmanship" way, like augumented your own body.

Kharn, with mid-high difficulties. So, Yukari's hax will be nullified, she won't do jack of reality-warping against him. That should mean Kharn takes this handily, right? Wrong. Yukari isn't dumb, and through boundary perception, plus boundary shenanigans, I'm pretty sure she'd figure out what Khârn does. She'll, however, also see what are her advantages. She may use boundaries to summon weapons, heavy objects, and all like that to crush Khârn, whilst also flying and escaping from him. She'd actually win that, wasn't for the fact that: 1) Khârn has FTL reflexes and combat speed. 2) Khârn has a bolter. He can shoot her as she flies away without barely giving her any time to react. And after she falls to the ground, and Khârn covers the distance between then, it is over for her. But still, it'd be quite complicated for Khârn.

EliminatorVenom said:
She may use boundaries to summon weapons, heavy objects, and all like that to crush Khârn, whilst also flying and escaping from him.
Unless she pulls a literal moon out of the boundary to throw at him, weapons and heavy things from afar won't be doing much to a superior AP and Dura enemy. Edit: Do note that boundaries would just shut altogether when used against him

@Andy "If it does not fall under honorable martial combat, Khorne will prevent it, forcing Kharn's enemies to face him on an equal playing field."

Taking this into account along with the immunities listed in his profile, I'm pretty sure you can't get more specific than this.

@Andy Oh, I forgot about it. Anyway, she wouldn't fly at the gun's trajectory, but you're forgetting that Khârn is a master at combat on all forms. I can't see how it is impossible for Khârn to eventually shoot her down.

@Fate As a direct attack, they would indeed. But to summon weapons and hurl them at him? Hardly. Indeed, she won't be causing anything but chip damage, but it is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back