• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yakumo vs Gilgamesh (Fate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Youkai Sage (and Gensokyo's Overlord) vs the King of Heroes, fight in the classical (?) conflict between good and evil. Both at their highest, bloodlusted, speed equalize, win when kill, defeated, or incapacitated. Who would win?

Personally...yeah, even objectively, Yukari have too many chance to win. Maybe Reimu would be better (without FN), but meh.

Yukari Yakumo 9

Gilgamesh Fate

Yukari? Being good OR evil? I'd say she more like sleeps on the border between these two morality.

also I don't think the guy's Spatial Manipulation resistence will stop him from being BFR'd, reduced to 2D, or outright killed with life and Death stuff.

^True that. Bringin her into Fate verse, and all I could think of is the 1000 ways she's going to unalive these guy. Disrupting his mana body, change the target of his weapon, kill all the force of his attack and send it back to him, personally snap his precious arsenal into two, etc... the possibility are endless.

Edit: For your above question: To be honest, Gilgamesh isn't any better in the series. This guy is a walking mass of ego justified by his portable arsenal of OPness... perfect pray for Yukari, now that I think about it.

Gilgamesh at his strongest has higher AP and Durability, not to mention his huge magic resistance and resistance to Mind/Spatial/Probability/Soul Manipulation. His striking strength alone is ~2000 times stronger than her Durability according to calculations.

How is Yukari gonna win this?

Gil has Spatial Manipulation Resistance and close to immunity from magic. So what's the problem here exactly?

That's now how it works. You can't resist being teleported, and I douvt Gilg tanked stuff on the level of dimensions manipulation.

Actually Teleportation Resistance is a thing in the Fate series. His Enkidu chain can bind the space around it making it impossible to move as shown in the battle against Heracles. Who's to say Gil isn't chaining his leg to the ground and continue fighting?

Well she could technically break said chains with her own hax but I feel like this would be a "whose's hax is stronger" debate.

Hax advatange is anyone's guess, but other than that, Yukari is severely outclassed in AP and Durability. A single hit from Gil and she gets obliterated 2000 times over due to her low Durability

Doesn't stop her from haxing Gilga into oblivion. I'm not even sure if Yukari's ability counts as spatial manipulation.

Yukari's spells are useless thanks to Gil's resistance to them. He's always one step ahead thanks to his Sha Nagba Imuru (his clairvoyance). He can tell exactly what her limits as a fighter are, what her abilities are and all her plans, basically she's like an open book before him.

Also Yukari opens "gaps" in space to connect to places. A wormhole basically. If a wormhole isn't spatial manipulation, I don't know what is.

I feel like I'm repeating the same thing over and over so I'm gonna wait for more input on the thread.

ScarletFirefly said:
Yukari's spells are useless thanks to Gil's resistance to them. He's always one step ahead thanks to his Sha Nagba Imuru (his clairvoyance). He can tell exactly what her limits as a fighter are, what her abilities are and all her plans, basically she's like an open book before him.
Yeah, try reading a 1000 ton book with Omega Secret-level of encryption. That's basically what she is. And even if he could read it, what are the chance that's not in Yukari's plan ? (Her being able to manipulate between truth and lie and all). This would turn into Aizen vs Almighty debate, and you see what happen in the series.

And about Spatial Resistence: Even if he does have enough to resist Yukari's manipulation (which I highly doubt that, since she managed to get an entire realm to another verse, basically), he does not have resistence to Reality Warping (If not, he wouldn't be in the Holy Grail anyway), like what Yukari basically does with her ability.

Well, close combat is out of question here, no way that yukari would have interest in letting him approach. Neither will weapon spam hit a danmaku expert with a portal as shield that can teleport all over the place (and can produce non-euclidean bariers IIRC). Gils normal attacks are really equally useless as yukaris here.

One could argue that yukari can use her ability to make pulling stuff out of the Gate of Babylon hard by placing portals over the portals were the weapons come from (or just mess with the ability directly), even though at least the latter is a comparison of hax again.

Well, worst case for Gil is that Yukari just doesn't let herself be cought up in such a direct battle and decides to just go to some different realm (maybe the Neatherworld or something) and fights on while sitting there...

Or maybe Yukari just removes the boundary between them and they fuse? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@DonTalk: Even better, who know what she's going to do with those weapon one she get it...especially the Ea :)

Well I don't think AP and durability will matter unless Gil can land a hit on her. And seeing as how she's a master at danmaku, I don't think that will happen. So I'll go for Yukari.

^The chain work only with god though, otherwise it's just a really tough chain for Yukari to break. Also Yukari could just conjure just as many gap as there's sword.

Going with Gap Hag. Infintie sword spam won't be as helpful when the enemy can just gap them away, same for the chains. Even then, she'd break through with ease and just danmaku spam from a distance. Intelligence wise, Gil would analyze and try to outsmart her, but Yukari would laugh it off and with her unpredictability, she'd be hard to figure out despite seeming predictable at first glance.

Please refrain from expresing love to a character as a comment only.... Only I could do that!

But yeah don't just repeat bumps or post one word msgs with no points guys. It's not going to head anywhere.

^It's not going to head anywhere when you ignored it, either.

Technically, if I take Sona word for it, I would have enough vote. But i still need the reason.

As long as she does not let Gilgamesh activate Ea it could go either way, that is the only way I can think she would be able to beat him, but let him activate and she would be toast.

Is it though? What if she change it function so that it return "her" to her origin instead... you know that her name is not the real one right?

And she could just gapped herself out of it effective zone anyway, just pulled some last-minute dodge and let him waste his strength.

Andykhang said:
Is it though? What if she change it function so that it return "her" to her origin instead... you know that her name is not the real one right?
And she could just gapped herself out of it effective zone anyway, just pulled some last-minute dodge and let him waste his strength.
If you want to read what ea actually does here is an explanation:

Performing the miracle of genesis, the attack opens an abyss capable of crushing all of creation, and the center of the storm is not calm, but rather a hole to hell itself that returns all that enters its realm to the nothingness from which it originated

^...Yeah, there's lie the problem: She could control the boundary between form and emptyness. What said that doesn't backfired horiibly? And if I interprep it right, genesis mean it's basically a miracle of origin right? Adjust it meaning slightly, and that could empower her instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back