• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yakumo Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking on a few things.

Yukari Yakumo can manipulate the boundaries of anything (questionable) and thus make portals in a lot of places she wants right. If she places a gap between an area and inside someone's innards, would that count as a capability to bypass Conventional Durability?

Another thing which I'm more hesitant about is that the possibility of her being able to use time travel. It's based on what I found on Maribel's profile. You may think that this might conflict with the note on Sakuya's ability claiming "You can't rewind time." But going on another time period isn't the same as that. Considering she uses paradoxes and alternate timeline to attack and mixes in past, present, and future, is it truly unbelivable to think that travelling to another time period is impossible? I mean the PC-98 has become more of a semi-canon as long as it doesn't conflict with the current era.

Time Period
Maribel is descended from a lineage which has had the ability to sense the supernatural since long ago. She herself exists in a time in the near future (when her stories are stated to take place). Yukari meanwhile has existed for at least over 1,200 years before and up to the present day (when the Touhou Project takes place).

It's confirmed that travelling through time is possible in the Touhou Project. Watatsuki no Toyohime mentions that rarely, time is one of the things that a Human can get spirited away through in Cage in Lunatic Runagate's third chapter. Maribel appears to have travelled through time on at least one occasion. In Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, there's an entry about a mysterious memo found "several hundred years ago" written by a person who believes she's wandering in the Bamboo Forest of the Lost while she's dreaming, mentioning such things as a GPS and a cell phone, and even the phrase "I'm gonna tell Renko about it when I wake up."

Going by this, Maribel was apparently herself in Gensokyo during at least two different times hundreds of years apart. In Changeability of Strange Dream, Maribel visits a scarlet mansion with a maid (presumably theScarlet Devil Mansio) at one point, and at another point gets lost in a bamboo forest (of which the events where she gets lost indicates it's the Bamboo Forest of the Lost). The memo in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense shows that the period in which she got lost was several hundreds of years before the present day, while the Scarlet Devil Mansion is known to have arrived in Gensokyo only recently.

Considering they have similar abilities, well it's an interesting thought. Yukari is one of the few who leads the Spiriting Away, taking Outsiders and all after all

So that's a potential for time travel. Because the one who manages the Spiriting Away is Yukari isn't it? Of course you can also argue that it's Maribel who has a power similar to Yukari which is developing. It already looks like Yukari's power is a much more amped up version of Maribel's anyway.

There's also an instance where she warned Patchouli Knowledge of the events of Touhou SA before the game was released in one of the fighting games. I think it was SWR? Or IAMP. Either way that could support that statement or might show a possibility of clairvoyance.

I don't have high hopes for the Time Travel but it's something to consider. After all who else causes all the Spiriting Aways in the Outside World? I'm more curious abotu the possibility of Claivoryance and Conventional Durability bypassing.

Tldr

Can we put 'bypass conventional durability' on Yukari's profile?

She might have time travel or clairvoyance.

^About Claivoryance, I think it's more like Yukari's intellect is at play again and the fact that she bring the concept of Laplace's demon, a hyper-intelligent being that know every force as play and every particle's position and speed in the present to know both past and future, to life with the "Eyes of Laplace"... Though no way you could rule out that she could just see the past and future through the boundary of spacetime.

About the other though, completely agree. She already control the boundary of life and death, form and being a being that goes through gap (and also the antimatter thing).

Yeah those are two very important aspects of her arsenal. Which is why I said might. So I was wondering if it could be possibly Clairvoyance.

And yeah just thought it should be added.

I'm not familiar with Touhou so I'm probably not the best person to ask, but her ability should easily bypass conventional durability if it works the way you say it does. Not to mention all the other things Boundary Manipulation can do.

I'm more iffy about the Time Travel thing, but once again, I'm not the best person to ask since I'm not that familiar with Touhou.

^Yeah, it happen in the victiny of Gensokyo, where weird thing happen. But it also happen in the time before it being seperated from the world, so that is iffy.

@Reppuzan: Prom, Saikou, and supposedly DT are familiar with Touhou. Either one of them can lend their thought on this....

...K I'm here.

Like others said, pretty sure Yukari has many way of bypassing Dura, although adding it to the profiles should be fine.

I guess possible Time Travel could be added? After all Gensokyo is hinted to have its own spacetime via being a seperate "brane world", tho I'm less sure with that.

^But the time travel also happen before Yukari basically become the god of the realm. Sooooo maybe Gensokyo is weird like that in the first place. In canon, there's countless gap that connect the two point with similarity, so that's probably it.

Wish that "brane world" thing would help her against Almighty. Though prooooobabllllly she could have some countermeasure for it. (Seriously just a thought, not a vs thread )

Alright, might as well add that to who deserves it then?

But what's to say that's how Yukari turns God or.... Idfk anymore tbh. It's way too confusing. Although I did say potentially. Has a Maribel Hearn profile been made yet? We can at least put that there.

At this rate I might as well just write shitty fanfiction with the speculation we have for fun.

The thing is that no one can be "spirited away" pre-Hakurei border. So Yukari had all her spiritng away feats when Gensokyo was a seperete Brane World.

And yeah we have a Maribel profiles, the traveling to worlds thing is there but not Time Travel.

Wouldn't that just mean that Maribel was spirited away into the past? I mean it seems to be compared to a supernatural phenomena.

Should it be added then?

You should probably inform DontTalk about this thread.

Since DontTalk does not appear to be interested in Touhou anymore, I will highlight the thread for more input.

While you're at it, you should probably mentioned how Yukari "informed" everyone is her victiny about Spell Card rule even when first-met (probably through some kind of knowledge boudary or something, also how she give Spell Card...card too)

If she can manipulate boundaries, then why can't she just extend her physical limits? If she could manipulate the boundary between falsehood, then she should be able to manipulate her own physical stats, right?

Technically, yes, and I believe she could do that too... Buuuut there isn't any instance of her doing that (aside from her loli form) soooo...

Although what do you mean by 'inform' Andy? Is that some sort of mental haxx?

Honestly that's probably how she keeps up physically with Suika imo.

Also thanks Ant!

I mean everyone in Touhou who seem to participate in this in Gensokyo victiny always seem to magically know them in the first time, no matter in Makai when sealed, or in the Mausoleum when sealed, or even just-born like Raiko. Point that Miko could have learn it by ear, and the Youkai's already learn it from hear-say, but that doesn't really explain Byakuren case in Makai, or Sumireko case in the Outside world, or the Alien crew that's suppose to be too seperate to even know. Some case I suspect them to be too dumb to learn, yet even 9 and 6 know it fully. And with Yukari involve with all these rule, I suspect it to be some kind of mental haxx like you said, since she does demonstrate it ability several time.

Also I remember something other case of her manipulating her body too: In Meiling word, she feel some odd resistence when hitting her, like she is wearing something. Maybe it could be her work manipulating her body (or something around) to deal with the shockwave propagate inside her structure, which explain the "odd" feel of her.

Oh, and could I add that she need to have Boundary Perception in order to be able to manip boundary, and thus be able to see and understand it, even the boundary of her opponent's extend and some stuff?

@Andykhang

Boundary Perception is sort of a given. It'd be pretty pointless to add outside of a description of how her powers work.

@Core

I don't think it warrants its own section though. Mentioning it while describing her powers and abilities should be more than enough since she obviously must be aware and able to perceive them if she wants to manipulate them.

If Yukari can manipulate the boundary of any and all things in existence, she probably could control the boundary of past/ present/ future. She potentially can give herself time travel and acausality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back