• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Ability... Eating the past is so underrated

Basically in the events of Imperishable Night Keine hides the village in a sort of cause and effect way by manipulating the past. Of course everyone else knows there's a village there but can't see it anymore. On the other hand Yukari however had no issue telling it was there the entire time.

Keine

ÒüôÒüôÒü½Òü»ÒÇüÕàâÒÇàõ║║ÚûôÒü»õ¢ÅÒéôÒüºÒüäÒü¬ÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒÇé

Òü¿Þ¿ÇÒüåÚó¿Òü½ÞªïÒüêÒéﵺÿÒü½ÒüùÒüƒÒüáÒüæÒüáÒÇé

þºüÒüîÒÇüÒüôÒü«õ©ìÕÉëÒü¬Õñ£ÒüïÒéëõ║║ÚûôÒéÆÕ«êÒéïÒÇé

"Humans never settled here in the first place."

All I did was make it look that way.

I'll protect the humans from this ill-omened night.

Yukari

Òü¡ÒüçÒü¡ÒüçÒÇé

þºüÒü½Òü»µÖ«ÚÇÜÒü½õ║║ÚûôÒü«Õº┐ÒüîÞªïÒüêÒéïÒéôÒüáÒüæÒü®ÒüòÒüüÒÇé

ÒüôÒü«þ¿ïÕ║ªÒü«Òü¥ÒéäÒüïÒüùÒü¬ÒéôÒüªÒÇüÕà¿þäÂÕ¢╣Òü½þ½ïÒüƒÒü¬Òüä ÒüÿÒéâÒü¬Òüä´╝ƒ

Hey, hey.

I can see the humans just like usual, though.

Trickery of this level isn't useful at all, is it?

Keine

´╝ü ÒüèÕëìÚüöÒÇüµ£¼Õ¢ôÒü½õ¢òÒééÒéôÒüá´╝ƒ

! Really, what ARE you two?
Sure it might be a visual effect yet Yukari saw through the history manipulated illussion pretty easily. In Yukari's profile it says it's mental resistance but on one hand could it really just be that? Considering that Reimu and the others weren't really fazed by the illussions from others like the fake moon or Reisen yet they were so easily tricked by Keine's power. I feel like it's much more than simply altering what the place looks.

Also for some reason I can't access the older Touhou discussion threads. When I try to go to an older section it brings me back to the same page. Is anyone else having that problem?

Becuase I'd really like to bring back argument to some old buffs that all but accepted : /

Edit - Basically, this might not just be a mental resistance on Yukari's part and Keine's power may not just be an illussion.

It's probably just be though, since Keine only messed with the perception of history, not the actual thing.

Also for some reason I can't access the older Touhou discussion threads. When I try to go to an older section it brings me back to the same page. Is anyone else having that problem?

It is a programming bug. It is a major problem for everybody. I informed Wikia's staff about it long ago, but since they will gradually switch to a new forum, they did not think that it was worthwhile to fix the problem.

Oh no worries Ant, got that answered on another thread. But yeah I assumed it was something like that. Any idea when the gradual switch will finish up

No, but we will be among the last to go, given that we are more dependent on the forums than other wikis. So they will try to have all functions in order first.

Yeah, isn't Reisen's illusion is a pretty weak one too? (Relatively, comparing bending light to erase memory) So Keine is obviously better, but both of them are basically the same, only foolinf one sense without changing the actual context.

Bending light? She can also drive someone insane with a gaze, create various illussions, and interfere with the brain with wavelengths. Changing their emotions from sad and depressed to irritable and impatient, manipulate light and sound waves itself to interfere with senses- those don't seem that weak to me.

Back