• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yujiro Earthquake Feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amlad22 said:
I don't think Yuichiro scales from the entire 1000 tons at all then. He should scale from whatever individual bombing runs get. And ofc we know this is casual as he was unharmed from it.
Nomi's feat is a bit iffy I agree. Although KG did mention a feat I've been thinking about when Yujiro shook his 50+ story skyscraper. Don't know if we can calc that at all but it's probably a higher yield than what Nomi will get.
I've done a thread for this debate. It would be better to discuss this there.

I'm inconclusive in general but at this moment slightly leaning towards a 5.5. If however, the area that the earthquakes happens at in general is typically 5-5.5, then I'd be leaning towards 6 or higher.

I was talking from a "Why would we agree with 5.5 when both arguments say something different" standpoint

I've been out all night so I just need a bit to find the average of earthquakes in the Tokyo area. I'll get that soon though.

I suppose that Richter scale 6.0 seems like an appropriate estimation, if that is roughly the scale of the average earthquake in Japan.

It is quite common that cartoon or comicbook characters have extremely inconsistent statistics.

From what I see, 6.0 to 6.5 would be a good estimate for a 'big' earthquake happening in Japan.

Which results would this wield? And who would scale to it? Musashi, Kaku Kaioh, Baki ofc, Pickle, Oliva... am i forgetting someone? Oh, there's also the Hanayama upgrade that never happened.

If I'm out voted and everyone doesn't consider it an outlier I guess it can be used. Just make sure before any changes are applied that it wouldn't horribly wreck the already shaky scaling chains.

Qawsedf234 said:
If I'm out voted and everyone doesn't consider it an outlier I guess it can be used. Just make sure before any changes are applied that it wouldn't horribly wreck the already shaky scaling chains.
Before adding anything, we'll discuss the backscaling in a separate thread.

6.0 I agree with for sure now cause based on what I'm seeing from searching up earthquakes specifically in the Tokyo region. The average earthquake is around 5.5 so "a big one" should be at least 6.0

Going off of that all the current Low 7-C would be 15 Kilotons or 7-C and the current 7-C would just be a higher 7-C. Yujiro in DB would be 3-4x above this so at least 45-60 Kilotons. Borderline Town Level+ I think for the god of the verse.

One character who is currently 8-B that defiantly needs to be changed is Base Baki from SOO. He should just scale to being 4x less than the 15 Kilotons feat that we are going to be using rather than stay at "at least 8-B". We've already discussed how the gap between his base and DB shouldn't be that big.

Amlad22 said:
One character who is currently 8-B that defiantly needs to be changed is Base Baki from SOO. He should just scale to being 4x less than the 15 Kilotons feat that we are going to be using rather than stay at "at least 8-B". We've already discussed how the gap between his base and DB shouldn't be that big.
we should devote a thread to that

IMO we already discussed the Earthquake feat here.

Like Baki said, another thread is necessary for scaling

https://www.jstor.org/stable/41146850?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

This article has the information I found most important, as it states that Tokyo has had 37 earthquakes with a magnitude over 5.5, some of which reaching up to 8.4 showing how brutal the area can be hit by earthquakes.

Tokyo is considered one of the most seismic active areas in the world so it's no surprise they have such high numbers. In fact I also found that Tokyo was recently hit with a 5.5 and a 5.0 magnitude earthquake, and they were deemed as minor earthquakes. Backing up my claim.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/browse/significant.php?year=1991

This website is also good for seeing what the "big" earthquakes of a year were. Which can help with the current topic we are discussing. For example in 1990-1993 (the first few years of grappler Baki release), the list of big earthquakes in Japan is as follows. 6.4, 6.4, 6.5, 6.5, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.3, 6.4, 6.4, 6.9, 6.9, 6.3, 6.6. For an average of 6.48 almost 6.5. It would be higher in all of Japan too since other areas had higher averages like Hokkaido.

If I can do any more please let me know.

Hmm, if that's the case then I agree with you. I'd say 6 or higher is reasonable in this particular case, but then the question could be asked if it's an outlier, as characters a bit weaker than Yujiro, but not fodder to him, have feats not even the slightest comparable to his Earthquake one.

If it's found that this isn't an outlier, then I'm for the upgrade.

They are fodder to him tho. All the characters who scale to 8-B are nothing to Yujiro and besides Hanayama none of them can even harm him. If anything that should be talk of an upgrade for Hanayama rather than a downgrade for Yujiro and the god tiers.

It seems fine to apply the Town level statistics then.

Well, either him or somebody else who is experienced with editing properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back