• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yujiro Earthquake Feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose that a big earthquake being Richter scale level 6 seems rather reasonable, but I am the wrong person to ask about this. Perhaps you can request input help from a few more VS Battles Staff members?

At this point in the Bakiverse powerscaling shouldn't we just consider the Earthquake feat along with the statement that "Yujiro > the entire military of the USA" massive outliers? The powerscaling would be way cleaner and consistent that way afaik. Like, remember when Yujiro literally was about to get massive damage from a wall-or-so lvl punch? Or when Oliva's refered to his training as pushing him to the "utmost limit" even tho we only really see him pushing a cargo aircraft helicopter mid-fly to the ground (and someone who is small town should be able to do so with ease afaik)? These nuclear "feats" seem way off everything else that was showcased in the series. And we don't even get to see atomic bombs being used against Yujiro. It's been some time since i ended reading Baki, so correct me if i'm wrong.

There are no nuclear feats in the series, he doesn't even scale to them to begin with

There's the Earthquake feat, his Lightning Durability feat.

Also, said wall level punch, which one?

BakiHanma18 said:
True, but wouldn't that fact just lend more credibility to the argument that the statements about the EQ are, in fact, reliable ways of dictating the magnitude of the EQ?
I agree that its big, just that a 5.0 earthquake is big as well and the damage wasn't properly defined.

Schnee One said:
There are no nuclear feats in the series, he doesn't even scale to them to begin with
There's the Earthquake feat, his Lightning Durability feat.

Also, said wall level punch, which one?
I'm refering to the characters being in the nuclear tier-range, with Low 7-C and 7-C. Low 7-C to High 7-A is considered in this range.

I'm refering to Kaku Kaioh's punch that Yujiro had to avoid or else Kaku Kaioh states it would have killed him, but i think it would only do recognizable damage.

Isn't the Lighting Durability feat Small Building? Let me re-check.

I'd have to agree more so on Schnee. The Earthquake does seem to be about a 5-5.5, given their reactions and the buildings shacking in the background. But considering the earthquake lasted for a few seconds, and how we can never even really see the buildings in a good view, I think trying to argue for we never see the buildings in some damage is a very bad argument.

But, the feat itself is a lot higher than all the other feats in the verse done by people not that much weaker than Yujiro, so this seems to be more of a case of an outlier.

Which are not nuclear feats. That's lower then the weakest nuclear bomb ever.

Nope, the lightning feat is 8B

Well we defiantly aren't getting wall level Yujiro when he's no selling City Block Level characters like they are nothing. There are multiple feats to back up town level Baki god tiers. Yujiro's earthquake feat is only one. Off the top of my head I know Yuichiro tanked a shit ton of explosives from the US army that was Town Level I think. And Nomi can generate earthquakes that cause buildings to shake just by stomping on the ground with one foot.

And the wall feat you're referring to from Kaku is an AP based attack it isn't about the destruction it makes. Offensive Xiao-Lee absorbs energy and allows Kaku to redirect it from his fist. It's like Aiki, you're not gonna see any destructive feats from it, only AP.

@Amlad "Off the top of my head I know Yuichiro tanked a shit ton of explosives from the US army that was Town Level "

Which weapons did they fire?

"Nomi can generate earthquakes that cause buildings to shake just by stomping on the ground with one foot. "

I've never seen the newer ones, so can you send a scan of this?

Given their reactions it's a 6.0-7.0 as I said above many times so I don't know what you're on about there. This is Japan. Their reactions should be based off of stats from earthquakes in Japan.

We basically have a debate of, do we use the character statements of the earthquake or do we go off of damage done. And as I've said already, damage done is a flawed way to go as we can't see the buildings very clearly besides violent shaking that occurs and the earthquake was stopped very quickly by Yujiro.

Schnee One said:
Which are not nuclear feats. That's lower then the weakest nuclear bomb ever.
Nope, the lightning feat is 8B
Which feats are you refering to? I think we're not refering to the same stuff.

Also yeah, the lighting feat is 8B. That seems more accurate.

@Giygas3

It was 1000 tons of explosives, but we don't know the exact types of weapons used. They basically bombed the island Yuichiro lived on so badly that there was nothing left and yet when they sent troops down to check the remains, Yuichiro was not only alive, but entirely unharmed.

I can get the Nomi scan soon just give me a bit.

Amlad22 said:
Well we defiantly aren't getting wall level Yujiro when he's no selling City Block Level characters like they are nothing. There are multiple feats to back up town level Baki god tiers. Yujiro's earthquake feat is only one. Off the top of my head I know Yuichiro tanked a shit ton of explosives from the US army that was Town Level I think. And Nomi can generate earthquakes that cause buildings to shake just by stomping on the ground with one foot.
And the wall feat you're referring to from Kaku is an AP based attack it isn't about the destruction it makes. Offensive Xiao-Lee absorbs energy and allows Kaku to redirect it from his fist. It's like Aiki, you're not gonna see any destructive feats from it, only AP.
I'm not suggesting for wall lvl Yujiro ofc, that would be ridiculous. It's only more of a shown-off about how Baki's powerscaling is very inconsistent.

Which feats are you refering to? I think we're not refering to the same stuff.

Also yeah, the lighting feat is 8B. That seems more accurate.

I'm not referring to any feats, because they don't exist. There aren't any nuclear feats in the series and Yujiro never scales to a nuclear weapon

I already said both.

Oh it is don't get me wrong. I've read all 4 series many times and it's ridiculous trying to get an accurate scale. I just think that there is enough proof and feats for 7-C god tiers. Never seen massive issues with it.

Both are big in general, that's for sure, but if someone experienced a 5 often, they would no longer consider that a "big one", but instead the norm, right?

It's actually stated that a nuclear bomb is the only thing the US army has that can kill Yujiro and that nothing else would work. They only don't use it due to civilian casualties and the fear that he may survive.

Amlad22 said:
@Giygas3
It was 1000 tons of explosives, but we don't know the exact types of weapons used. They basically bombed the island Yuichiro lived on so badly that there was nothing left and yet when they sent troops down to check the remains, Yuichiro was not only alive, but entirely unharmed.

I can get the Nomi scan soon just give me a bit.
I don't recall "1000 tons of explosives", and yes "1000 tons of ammunition".

Also, i tought Nomi's earthquakes were a hyperbole, but again, some time since i last readed Baki. I'll wait for the scan as well.

@Amlad "Given their reactions it's a 6.0-7.0 as I said above many times so I don't know what you're on about there."

7 is too high given their reaction alone... A far more moderate amount would be around the 6 range if 5-5.5 is the average. But you never linked to anything showing the average Earthquake size in that part of Japan.

"And as I've said already, damage done is a flawed way to go as we can't see the buildings very clearly "

And as I said, I agreed with you.

"It was 1000 tons of explosives, but we don't know the exact types of weapons used. "

1000 tons of Tnt? And if so, overall when all was said and done or each shot was worth that much?

"I can get the Nomi scan soon just give me a bit."

Alrighty then.

Bless BakiHanma for making my life easier.

I say up to 7 due to average earthquakes in Japan being magnitude 6 and higher. I've linked a few pages above. One showing every recorded earthquake in Japan and the other showing that Japan alone is responsible for over 20% of all Magnitude 6 and higher earthquakes in the world. To the Japanese, magnitude 6 is the norm. So I say 6.0-7.0 for those reasons.

"Average earthquakes in Japan being magnitude 6 and higher."

But you need to show that's the average in that area, not just the average in the whole country.

Since BakiHanma is checking rn I'm not gonna bother going to the Yuichiro chapter. But I do not remember if the attack was all at once or separated assaults. If they are separated, Yuichiro's Durability would scale to whatever bombing runs scale to in real life. I'm assuming MCB Level?

Amlad22 said:
Oh it is don't get me wrong. I've read all 4 series many times and it's ridiculous trying to get an accurate scale. I just think that there is enough proof and feats for 7-C god tiers. Never seen massive issues with it.
There's also that stuff about people who can slightly inconvenience Yujiro only being 8-B, the gap is so big Yujiro should probably feel nothing from them at all.

Amlad22 said:
Since BakiHanma is checking rn I'm not gonna bother going to the Yuichiro chapter. But I do not remember if the attack was all at once or separated assaults. If they are separated, Yuichiro's Durability would scale to whatever bombing runs scale to in real life. I'm assuming MCB Level?
Something in that range, probably. It's a shame they didn't get to use the atomic bomb against Yuichiro, it could probably be more of a solid feat than the other cases.

@KGiffoni

Most of the time he does feel nothing. Even in his prime Doppo could only stun him but caused no real pain. Hanayama is the only person who actually made Yujiro bleed (a single drop of blood but still) and it was due to Yujiro allowing Hanayama to wind up and hit him dead on in the face.

I've argued before for Hanayama to be higher anyway. But characters like Doppo and Retsu literally can't harm Yujiro at all so 8-B is fine for them.

@Giygas3

When I have time I'll go through the full list and create a smaller list of all the earthquakes specifically in or around Tokyo then and find the average magnitude.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't timestamp because in both videos, the feats are right at the beginning. The rest is just additional context

BakiHanma18 said:
Sorry for the confusion, I didn't timestamp because in both videos, the feats are right at the beginning. The rest is just additional context
Oh, np, thanks.

I don't think Nomi shaking the ground in a relatively small area qualifies as a legit earthquake, feels similar to when Yujiro shook a building and people inside it thought it was an earthquake.

About Yuichiro, using 1000 ton worth of ammunition could, and very probably is, be in separated assaults.

@BakiHanma18 The first video appears to be that they just bomb the island to the point that it's a bit terraformed, but that's not even close to Town level as each strike would have to be hitting him, and I'm more inclined to believe that 95-99% of their bombs never even hit him.

The second video seems like he's violently shaking a very small area, which is not even close to the Earthquake feat. But, it should probably be calced, but I don't expect to be anywhere near Town level.

Should i start a thread about this? I don't think it's right to keep debating this in this thread that is meant for other purposes.

I don't have enough experience with what qualifies as an EQ, only with magnitudes, so I'll recuse myself from that

By the way Tokugawa makes it sound, it seems more like the assault of plane, ship, etc all happened at once in intervals of bombing the island, sending troops, rinse and repeat

Considering each time they bombed him, they knew his general vicinity (the last known location of each assault team), I'd argue quite a few of their bombs hit him

I recuse myself from that because I wouldn't be able to give an accurate answer

I don't think Yuichiro scales from the entire 1000 tons at all then. He should scale from whatever individual bombing runs get. And ofc we know this is casual as he was unharmed from it.

Nomi's feat is a bit iffy I agree. Although KG did mention a feat I've been thinking about when Yujiro shook his 50+ story skyscraper. Don't know if we can calc that at all but it's probably a higher yield than what Nomi will get.

So, as of right now, who is inconclusive but leaning toward 6/thinks it's 6 and who is inconclusive and leaning toward 5/thinks it's 5

Just to feel out the room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back