• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Zexal

SomebodyData said:
That usually happens to a looks planet, from sheer scope of the size of the planet, especially when its clustered with dead trees as we see. Not to mention the Human World is specifically Earth, even the space around Jupiter, of all things, is habited by another "world".
Lemme look for it, but I believe there was something that stated that they were parallel in size. It was the original thread discussing this.

Again, probably just a visualization.

@Yobo not all alternate realms are universe sized, there was a thread that actually pointing out Barian World was about the size of the Earth, but I can't find it, just give me a while.
So is Barian World a fully fledged universe?

it's a childrens card game where everything is all complicated though

EDIT: Been trying to look through zexal videos and find stuff that could help, but end up finding dub videos. Yuma's voice is ******* terrible.

Of course, it been out for how many years now, and they keep adding in and changing stuff. Its quite a messy thing to deal with.

SomebodyData said:
That usually happens to a looks planet, from sheer scope of the size of the planet, especially when its clustered with dead trees as we see. Not to mention the Human World is specifically Earth, even the space around Jupiter, of all things, is habited by another "world".
Lemme look for it, but I believe there was something that stated that they were parallel in size. It was the original thread discussing this.

Again, probably just a visualization.

@Yobo not all alternate realms are universe sized, there was a thread that actually pointing out Barian World was about the size of the Earth, but I can't find it, just give me a while.

Again, the confusion is caused because of the japanese language.

its because Sekai [õ©ûþòî] can be translated as both world and universe and you pretty much have the understand which one they are using via context. I dont understand why they dont use Chikyü [Õ£░þÉâ] more often as it translates to just Earth (as in the third planet of our solar sistem) and nothing else.

I haven't watched 5Ds since I wass a kid, but didn't it ruin the city to the point of having it needing to be rebuilt?

Arigarmy said:
I haven't watched 5Ds since I wass a kid, but didn't it ruin the city to the point of having it needing to be rebuilt?
I vaguely recall a giant storm and half the city being blown into the sky

SomebodyData said:
Don't think we need continuity thread unless you disagree with:
Yugioh (manga) > DSoD > GX > 5Ds > BBT > Zexal > Arc-V > VRains
Wrong! Its like that:

• Yugioh (manga) > DSoD
  • Yugioh (anime) > GX > 5Ds > BBT > Zexal > Arc-V > VRains
Takahashi only has done the manga and the new movie.

No, he actually worked on the anime (outside the original duel monsters anime) as more of a supervisor and card designer.

Anyways, can't find the thread where we decided the sizes of the worlds, so give me a bit more time.

SomebodyData said:
No, he actually worked on the anime (outside the original duel monsters anime) as more of a supervisor and card designer.
From what I remember he just designed some characters and that's it. He had no role in the plot.

The manga and the new movie are not in the same continuity with the anime. The anime also defers from the Manga. And in the anime Kaiba was in the Ceremonial battle. In the Movie which follows the manga Pegasus is dead. In the anime and BBT he is not.

╬Ü╬ƒ╬£╬Ö╬× said:
SomebodyData said:
From what I remember he just designed some characters and that's it. He had no role in the plot.
The manga and the new movie are not in the same continuity with the anime. The anime also defers from the Manga. And in the anime Kaiba was in the Ceremonial battle. In the Movie which follows the manga Pegasus is dead. In the anime and BBT he is not.
Continuity is not the point.

Pretty sure he supervised it tho, or else they wouldn't have needed to ask him to create a new series every time.

In BBT we don't know when it takes place (so it could be before he dies). Not to mention BBT is extremely inconsistent, to begin with.

I know the anime duel monsters has differences, hence why its non-canon.

Ok but I just felt that it shoulde be mentioned. I don't remember how the Zork feat went in the manga though... Maybe there are more fetas there?

As for 5D's I think Arigarmy is almost right...

SomebodyData said:
Pretty sure he supervised it tho, or else they wouldn't have needed to ask him to create a new series every time.
In BBT we don't know when it takes place (so it could be before he dies). Not to mention BBT is extremely inconsistent, to begin with.

I know the anime duel monsters has differences, hence why its non-canon.
He doesn't create them though... He only has done character designs and in Arc V he didn't bother to do anything at all... The other series have their own writers etc whereas the first anime tried to be a manga adaptation.

We know. In the manga Pegasus was killed in the Duelist Kingdom arc. The BBT takes place way way later. When Yugi has won the Battle City Tournament. He even has his Duel Disc. So no Pegasus dies at the end of the Duelist Kingom arc by Bakura. Before even the Duel Disks come into play...

The BBT connects later with 5D's so it matters to 5D's. Yusei has a flashback of Paradox...

The other series are non canon too then since they follow the anime.

It sounds a lot like what is happening with Super, however, I'm pretty sure he's had influence in all of them.

Just need to point out that Yugi had no reaction to Pegasus, which considering their history, implies this happens before. (Also again, inconsistencies)

Ye

And how do they follow the anime?

SomebodyData said:
It sounds a lot like what is happening with Super, however, I'm pretty sure he's had influence in all of them.
Just need to point out that Yugi had no reaction to Pegasus, which considering their history, implies this happens before. (Also again, inconsistencies)

Ye

And how do they follow the anime?
There is Yugioh R manga where Yugi learns all of this and Pegasus' sons try to ressurect him. So its not incosistent... It just doesn't have to do anything with the anime continuity.

His influence is pretty much none. Its not like Super with Toriyama. He returned to make a new movie as a new ending for the manga. In his instagram there is even a picture which has a possible future for the movie. Where Yugi is a game creator and has created a new game and he is the new Game King (=Yugioh) battling Kaiba.

The advanced tech for Dueling in the movie is more than what GX, 5D's and even Zexal and Arc V have.

Pegasus appears many times in Gx. He is dead in the manga and after Gx is 5D's and so on... So the other series follow the anime line.

Zero Reverse
Yugtioh 5ds 9
So these are some pictures of the Ener-D reactor explosion, which supposedly split the tectonic Plate Domino City was on. Don't know if that helps.

@Kome Yobo has a point, we can argue canonicity later anyways.

@Yobo hmmm that's helpful, it should be at least tier 7 from what is shown.

So here's what I got so far:

DM: 5-A, possibly higher

GX: 6-C to 3-A

5Ds; 7-C to 4-C

Zexal: Likely 2-C

ARC-V: 2-C

Vrains: Unknown

Where does 3-A GX come from?

As for Zexal, like I said, let me find the original thread (or you guys can help...)

But yeah, that's about it

SomebodyData said:
Where does 3-A GX come from?
As for Zexal, like I said, let me find the original thread (or you guys can help...)

But yeah, that's about it
I mean, either way, the three universes are fusing due to there battle, so it doesnt matter too much.

IDR much about LoD, I'll let Ari do that

As for the three dimensions, (I'm not sure if they're called universes), that also depends.

Obviously yeah, but they also call it the human world which has been distinctly the name of Earth, which is where the issue arises (not to mention the fusing is pretty obvious a visualization.)

SomebodyData said:
Obviously yeah, but they also call it the human world which has been distinctly the name of Earth, which is where the issue arises (not to mention the fusing is pretty obvious a visualization.)
By human world they are referring to the Human Dimension, I believe,

Also just realized that Light of Destruction would destroy the universe by accelerating entropy....

I mean if The Astral people didn't live across their universe, 96 wouldn't attack all of it out of sadism, so it makes sense.

So how literal, do we infer cards? Say star eater dragon, was made real and kaiba destroyed it with his blue eyes, would he get star level, and if so how would ultimate dragon be scaled? It's 3 star Buster's fused, would it jump a tier or get a +?

Back