• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

YouTube Profiles Quality Control Discussion 2 (STAFF ONLY)

I'm still doing the mature rating scale, so probably someone else that can spare a hand should do it. If not, it'll have to wait.

Dargoo's been on vacation or something? He said he'd get to it soon.

Dargoo is gonna start school soon so he'll be busy.

Well, if we want to reignite the discussion, a well-crafted new staff thread that summarises the results so far of the previous ones might be an idea.

In my opinion, all that's left to be done in this thread is for staff to come to an agreement on Who Killed Markiplier, AVGN, and similar pages.

Ant for the threads you linked:

• First one needs a rule rewritten, but only for clarity. Our stance on the issue won't change.
  • The second one in my opinion is just someone pushing the boundaries, and won't actually require any changes in the rules.
  • The third one is already on the road to being dealt with, with the relevant guidelines being written up.
I'm not sure how helpful a new thread to retread these issues will be.

The AVGN profiles already got deleted, but it was generally agreed that the video game versions are allowed. But Dargoo seemed to have concerns about it, but the rest of us already explained why. But that being said, it looks like Sera's new thread is here to address it all.

That's what I mean by coming to an agreement.

I think Sera's new thread is a bad idea and won't lead anywhere, but we'll see how it goes.

@Yobo, I was trying to explain the whole episode guide and the plot and character details, but there was a bunch of stuff about them being YouTube personas. And Dargoo's complaints about them being about video game reviews rather than about combat, powers, and abilities. Despite the fact that he fights all the time. And they got accused of cross scaling despite using their own feats. Though, the Galaxy level feat coming from the intro being called a gag was reasonable.

The conclusion was only the video game versions are allowed since it's a legit game with a story where performing abilities and overcoming challenges is the highlight. So Low 1-C AVGN is still saved, but the profile will need to be remade from scratch and only use content from the games.

I deleted the entire page and made a legacy text of it and sent it to those who asked. We haven't finished discussing the game version, so it should be OK to repost that as blog until discussions are done.

And honestly, I felt like we already argued the Video Game/Markiplier topic to death here, and after Andy and I exhausted ourselves we (EDIT) Ant and I essentially did a tally with other administrators and content moderators.

Just to sum up the opinions of staff, from what I read here:

Agree to Delete Who Killed Markiplier? Pages

Antvasima, Dargoo Faust, Monarch Laciel, A6colute, The real cal howard, Mr. Bambu, Sera EX, Theglassman12

Promestei expressed that she leans towards deletion, but doesn't care much otherwise.

Elizhaa expressed support off-site, but is not an admin/discussion mod.

Oppose Deleting Who Killed Markiplier? Pages

Andytrenom, DarkDragonMedeus, WeeklyBattles, Sir Ovens, Crabwhale

I can continue debating this on Sera's thread, though, if there's any more arguments to be had, I guess.

"And honestly, I felt like we already argued the Video Game/Markiplier topic to death here, and after Andy and I exhausted ourselves we essentially did a tally with other administrators and content moderators."

First of all, this makes it sound like we decided together that the debate was over and proceeded to count the majority votes, which gives a very wrong impression of what happened

Secondly, I don't think the debate is over at all. By your own admission the profiles don't break the current rules and so the question was if they possessed the same problems as the profiles that do, which after my last major comment on the debate you would continue to claim they do and inform everyone of how you were going to prove that soon, yet you never did.

I never thought that all that had to be said was said but I had to wait for the argument you stated you were working on, which is why the debate didn't continue after a while

My apologies for not being of much help with these revisions to our regulations. My attention is very diverted towards many tasks at the same time.

For the record. Just read through the basic arguments and back-and-forths between Pro-and-Con-Markiplier-Deletion. I'm gonna take a side on Pro-Deletion for Who Killed Markiplier. I'd rather not see them go personally but for the site itself it fits in the same category as many other... shady, verses.

@ Dargoo

Actually I did have my opinion changed by Anders. Sorry if I never displayed that.

Andytrenom said:
First of all, this makes it sound like we decided together that the debate was over and proceeded to count the majority votes, which gives a very wrong impression of what happened
By "we" I was talking about Ant, not you, who requested that the remaining admins and beuros be contacted. I'll edit my post since that was so egregious, apparently.

Andytrenom said:
Secondly, I don't think the debate is over at all. By your own admission the profiles don't break the current rules and so the question was if they possessed the same problems as the profiles that do, which after my last major comment on the debate you would continue to claim they do and inform everyone of how you were going to prove that soon, yet you never did.
Repost this on Sera's thread, I guess we're in store for another wall-of-text-fest.

Just as a preface, though, I'm doing a tally of admins because this is also a discussion of changing rules. If all of our active beuroes (Prom/Ant) and nearly two thirds of our active administrators and content mods (see above) want a rule changed or implemented a certain way, it gets changed or implemented a certain way.

Rules lawyering is useless when we're the ones writing the rules, just saying.

Andytrenom said:
I never thought that all that had to be said was said but I had to wait for the argument you stated you were working on, which is why the debate didn't continue after a while
No one said you had to wait for my argument. I've stated on and off this thread that if I'm not posting, y'all should continue discussions anyways.

@Crab @Bambu: Edited my post.

Well, I agree with Dargoo that it is important that we finally get something done here regarding uncertain rules.

Dargoo Faust said:
No one said you had to wait for my argument. I've stated on and off this thread that if I'm not posting, y'all should continue discussions anyways.
The issue with this is that you're the person posting arguments for deletion at this point. Without you the argument can't continue, unless we dismiss your ideas and everyone who agrees with them. Perhaps another staff member that agreed with you could have stepped in and argued that point, but that just didn't happen.

Agnaa said:
Perhaps another staff member that agreed with you could have stepped in and argued that point, but that just didn't happen.
This answers your own problem. I'm, obviously, not the only one arguing for deletion.

My problem is with pretending you guys "had" to wait for me to comment, when this is just false. In your case, Agnaa, by your own admission, unless you'd like to recind your last sentence.

So don't hit me with the "should have could have" when the discussion petering off was a collaborative effort, or should I say lack thereof.

I personally prefer if we have rather strict rules for inclusion, to avoid that our profiles gradually get out of hand.

Bump.

I would appreciate if we could still try to properly deal with this.

Well, while I myself made the Markiplier profiles so that can be considered tainted opinion, I for one don't see any point in deleting said profiles.

Talking about meme threads, I don't think that is any valid grounds for deleting a character, as we, have far stupider characters on the wiki that get little to no attention, and I don't see anyone using their existence to invalidate the entire wiki. Of course, one can argue that the examples listed weren't made to be meme-ish, well, neither was the Markiplier stuff, which is presented as a drama.

Another point frequently brought up is, "Markiplier" in the show is analogous to IRL Markiplier, therefore being a self-insert. Except no, if that were the case he wouldn't be framed as the anatgonist whose characteristic is being a friendless loser and gets possessed by a spirit literally in the first episode, remaining possessed for the entirety of the series. All of this can be literally understood by the plot summary, and if someone bothered to even watch the source, it is evident both aren't the same chracters.

Even then, if the case were to be made, we can just make a point to not make the "Markiplier" page, and not hakai the entire verse just because no one bothered to research the verse. Strict rules are recommended, but this ain't it, chief, it is deleting a verse for what are, at best, superficial reasons with basically illogical method of defining the criteria.

Well he actually would qualify as an insert, just not a persona. Still, the point remains that one character can be prohibited without needing to delete an entire verse

Back