• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

YouTube Profiles Quality Control Discussion 2 (STAFF ONLY)

If we are talking about Markiplier I am still yet to see anyone clarifying why the profiles break regulations or how my judgment on it not breaking regulations is incorrect

I won't be satisfied till the profiles are legitimately proven to break rules, a lot of people leaving an "I agree" isn't a valid reason to remove profiles, you can forbid any perfectly fine profile that fits regulations but most people don't like through that method

I also don't like that the reasoning for deleting the profiles despite adhering to the current standards is that it only "technically" fits the rules or that it's an "obvious" situation that warrants making an exception

I completely disagree with them only being fine by technicality and the case is far from obvious. If you disagree with the profiles that's fine but at least don't take it as a given that their removal is such a clear cut case that you can ignore current rules for just this one case in a thread that is about evaluating profiles by current rules.

Maybe we should focus on initially removing the profiles that break our rules, and then on modifying the rules if they need to get stricter. Constantly stalling like this will result in that we get nothing done whatsoever.

Thank you.

So does anybody have some suggestions for profiles that we should get rid of immediately?

Jumping in here for a quick non-staff comment.

I think it would be best to re-check down the list, leaving any debatable profiles (i.e. the Markiplier ones) until later, and deciding which of the clearer cases to keep/delete.

Andy seems the best for this (due to being active now, and not having standards as harsh as Dargoo, who hasn't been able to contribute as much the past few days), but any staff member could take the lead on it.

@Agnaa

You can help out with writing a list of profiles to delete if you wish.

The List

From top to bottom...

I don't know the current opinion on Cinemassaverse and Awesomeverse. Dargoo was against their YouTube appearances, and other staff agreed with his posts in general, but I don't know the staff consensus.

Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox need to be remade to only include Food Battle feats. I'm not sure how much of their profiles would need to be tossed out for this, but they're probably better off being deleted and remade.

The Nameless One (CalebCity) was waiting on the profile's creator, whose argument for it staying wasn't accepted by staff. It's an unauthorized composite of unrelated characters just because they're played by the same dude, with the defense being "If TNO's deleted, Bugs Bunny should be too!" Seems accepted to delete.

Who Killed Markiplier profiles are under debate.

Oishi Kawaii and Noodles were agreed to be fine.

HABIT is from an ARG that spans multiple platforms. Everyone seems fine with it.

Filthy Frank (Francis of the Filth) is exclusively from the book version, and it's been around since January, facing multiple calls for deletion but always staying around. The only recent call for deletion is from Dargoo, as part of deleting all YT personas in games, books, etc. but this hasn't received a huge amount of support.

Characters from The Big Lez Show are fine, it's an animation that happens to be on YouTube.

The Ginosaji's fine. He's from a series of comedic YouTube videos that was originally a movie pitch, and has been around for almost a year without much controversy.

Brandon Rogers (Verse) pages have had some disputes over whether they're allowed.

Balgar (Verse) is an animated series, seems fine.

Petscop needs a bit of explanation, but is fine and accepted.

Petscop Explanation​
The "Petscop" profiles are for characters in a fictional game called "Petscop". It comes from a horror/mystery series on YouTube disguised as a let's play, a let's play of this fictional game.
Since it's a horror series played straight, and the protagonist playing it isn't an actual YouTuber outside of this series, Dargoo and I (and presumably others) think it's fine.
Battle for Dream Island characters are another animated series, no calls to delete these.

Look-See has been accepted to stay, as it's a horror series with continuity.

Animator vs. Animatio another animated verse with little controversy.

Small Girl has been mentioned once, but it seems fine. Not a persona, just a character in a ~9 minute video from an SFX artist.

The Observer (TribeTwelve) is apparently a part of the same series as HABIT, so it should similarly be acceptable.

Jeff the Killer Saga is about as acceptable as other creepypasta-inspired series. There's an argument to remove them, but it's nothing to do with being a YouTube profile.

Elo appears to be from an animated webseries, and considering this analysis it should have continuity. I'm not familiar with it but it should be fine.

Slenderman (The Angel's Game) same as the other creepypasta-inspired profiles.

ASDF (Verse) is a series of very short animated skits with near-zero continuity and plot, along the lines of The Lazer Collectio. There's a large consensus to delete these.

Dross (Verse) is a video game series. No clue why it's on the list and I haven't seen anyone in the threads talk about it.

Sock and Mephistopheles (Welcome to Hell) are from a webcomic + YouTube animation series. Seems fine.

Warning, I'm biased in evaluating the next page since I made it myself recently; it's currently in my sandbox and not on the main wiki

Tao is from a 20-minute slightly animated video that's kinda like a short story. It's made by a relatively popular YouTuber but since it doesn't contain any likeness/resemblance/insert of him, everyone I've asked about it thinks it's fine.

The Beard, The Sweeping Ma, Resident Enis all seem like they'd be controversial. Considering that Markiplier AND Dodger are a canon part of the series. They'd fall under similar issues to the Who Killed Markiplier pages, if not worse.

The Summary
Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox need to be deleted and remade. The Nameless One (CalebCity) and all ASDF (Verse) profiles need to be deleted. Everything else is either accepted or still undergoing discussion.

Okay. Thank you. Is some other administrator or content moderator willing to handle it?

I have had Petscop explained to me by youtube videos before and watched the story Tao originates from myself. Both of them seem fine to me

The general agreement for AVGN/Cinemassacre is instead of getting rid of them, we instead exclusively rewrite as their video game incarnations. The Nostalgia Critic is the second to last boss of AVGN II: ASSimilation, so he can exist as his video game version too. The Cinemassacre Verse Page should probably be renamed to AVGN Adventures as well as rewritten to be based on those versions.

So, they may need some powers and abilities removed; the ones that didn't come from the games to be specific. And the cast could be rescaled from the video game versions.

I feel like the only major points of contention at the moment are versions of the problem characters from 'valid' mediums like seperate movies and video geams. There doesn't seem to be much more dissent on removing part or most of the Cinemacare profiles, other than the technicalities at this point.

Since discussion on those (Markiplier, AVGN Adventures, Pewdiepie, Tobuscus, etc etc) are ongoing and taking a while to progress, is it alright to delete the profiles we've already reached a (more or less) consensus on? From Agnaa's list, since it seems to be impartial to either side.

I would prefer acknowledgement from Andy (since DDM has already agreed with Agnaa's summary in terms of general consensus) before I begin deleting profiles, as since much of this was a hot topic I don't want to do anything without anyone having final say or being aware.

As a head's up, I will also be deleting "needs to be rewritten" profiles; they can be reposted after they are approved on a blog post.

I am only knowledgeable on a few of these profiles. The things I haven't already given my opinion on, you are free to judge based on others' responses

Are the rest of you fine with Dargoo's suggestion?

So I got a comment from Buttersamurai

"I've just been keeping track on the discussion for YouTube profiles. And I see the agreement for Food battle to only be used for Anthony and Ian. But I request we don't delete the Page. 90 percent of that page was made from food battle. It would simply be a loss of a few abilties and the AP stuff like the keyboard. I don't have the page saved anywhere and t mostly would be the same. I request if it isn't deleted and instead just edited to remove the not good battle stuff."

I know nothing about Smosh, but if this true it might be worth taking into consideration

I've already pointed this out; their Food Battle gags shouldn't be allowed on the same basis of any of their other gags.

Like, again, as Sera put it:

"Actors playing themselves in a fictional setting = not okay"

Obviously Anthony and Ian shouldn't be allowed. That and they're just as much their personas in Food Battle as any of their other gags.

I just feel like Agnaa didn't point out that they should be deleted since they weren't extensively discussed. @Andy/@DDM, is deleting them completely acceptable or do you have something more to say on it?

I'll get started, sure.

Again, note: I will even delete pages that are technically staying (like AVGN in his AVGN Adventures version), if people need to copy+paste page data message me.

Bump, as this seems like an important thread to finish.

Is anyone willing to help out with finishing this? Do we need to revise our rules, and if so, in what manner?

There are still some profiles with divided opinions among staff on whether they should stay or go. I think we'd need to wait for those discussions to finish.

I'm not sure what a good plan of attack is. More discussion needs to happen over the remaining profiles, but I wouldn't be surprised if the huge amount of similarly important threads lately has had staff burn out on these topics...

Yes, perhaps a new staff only thread that summarises the discussion so far for all 3 of the unfinished such topics should be started and highlighted?

I'm not comfortable making that call myself, I'll wait for others to weigh in (and try to pester them about doing such).

Dargoo was the main person responsible for raising those issues, I'd say just wait for him to create his own thread or continue this one when he's ready. If he still wishes to that is

There's too many threads about the same issue but regarding a different type of obscure profile. Yes, this has burned me out. We can't focus with this, the issues with certain problems, verse revisions, and the new tier system stuff all at once.

All the "Are these kind of files allowed?" threads excluding the one about nature content needs to be summarized in one thread.

Would you be willing to initiate such a thread, or should somebody else handle it?

Back