• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Your gear... it did not cut deep enough" - Senator Armstrong (Metal Gear Rising) vs Egil (Xenoblade)

Senator_Armstrong_vs_Egil.png

Premise found here.

No restrictions or caveats otherwise.

Qotd: Does Egil have the abilities to deal with Nanomachines and self-sustain?

ArmstrongNew.gif
Votes: 0

EgilNewS.gif
Votes: 0

Last edited:
um

low 7-C vs 5-B

seems fair

Or so you would think. Armstrong's ultimate downfall was to Murasama, which specifically neged his Durahax. Egil doesn't really have that, nor the sustain that Nanomachines granted Armstrong (although you could argue that Egil is "the same as a mechon" to paraphrase Linada, so in that spirit, it can go both ways).

I'm well aware someone was going to bring that up. Because of the dura hax, I believe power was somewhat of a non-factor in comparison.

I mean, Armstrong is most certainly a lot tougher than Raiden and hax blades did indeed help, but he sure as **** ain't 5-B.
Raiden could still damage him, especially in phase 2 were his attacks took some decent chunks off, and by damage I mean physically, with like punching and kicking.
And Raiden ain't 5-B.

I mean, Armstrong is most certainly a lot tougher than Raiden and hax blades did indeed help, but he sure as **** ain't 5-B.
Raiden could still damage him, especially in phase 2 were his attacks took some decent chunks off, and by damage I mean physically, with like punching and kicking.
And Raiden ain't 5-B.

In that case, should I equalise the OP to 7-C, and we go from there? Because I'd like to focus on dura hax / potential anti-hax here, and I'll admit that going FFA might not be the best way to do it.

And in the case of the chunks off, I'm guessing this was without the Murasama (Sams, iirc)? Boxing overheads? May I see a citation?

If you equalize tiers, it can't be added, but if you wnat in in fun & games then sure, go ahead.

Literally the the second phase, there's QTE's where Raiden like kicks him or jabs him in the stomach, Armstrong can even knock Muramusa out of your hand and you can roll up and cqc him, it just does less damage, but damage is damage.

If you equalize tiers, it can't be added, but if you wnat in in fun & games then sure, go ahead.

Literally the the second phase, there's QTE's where Raiden like kicks him or jabs him in the stomach, Armstrong can even knock Muramusa out of your hand and you can roll up and cqc him, it just does less damage, but damage is damage.

OK, I've thought about this for a bit and why it happened during P2, and wasn't this at a point where the molecular structure of the Nanomachines had already been weakened by the Murasama? That being the way CQC could damage him to a 'lesser' extent?

Asking for prosperity's sake.

No, it can happen right at the start of phase 2, even while Armstrong is healing . And Raiden could still harm Armstrong even before getting Muramusa, just to a far lesser degree. But damage is damage, obviously Armstrong isn't 5-B, or even a billionth of that, if a tier 7 can harm him, even if it's negligible.

Back