• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Youmu's strength and the sword durability.

So, recently I found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0rXWyzx-UU

In it, he calculate the sword velocity to pulled out it G-force and durability altogether.

I think with that, I could do the same with Youmu's strength and sword.

I take the "200 yojana in one slash" as the parameter, since it's have confirmed, below-c movement speed of 78000000m/s ~= 0.26c

Since 0.26c is just the average speed, and not the start-end acceleration, I would need another way to calculate it: Using Youmu's "braking" distance.

I said "braking" though, but I'm not going to include friction here. Because :1. The energy would be higher and 2. It's already impossible for Youmu to move at that spear in the atmosphere, so I'm going to assume she accelerate in the vacuum.

with that the math is simple: S=V0*t+1/2at^2

Physic work out both way, so I'm going to calculate it as if Youmu accelerate to that speed from 0.So that leave the math as S= 1/2at^2. With t = (v1-v0)/a. Which become S=(1/2)*(v1-v0)^2/a.

=>a=(v1)^2/(2*S) (as v0=0)

In-game, for Youmu to be even be in the screen, I going to said the stopping distance would be 50cm, or 1/2 the meter. With that I get a= (78000000)^2/ 2*(1/2)=6.084 * 10^15. Divide it to the Earth G, and we got 6.208163265 * 10^14 G. Or just that much heavier than normal.

Assuming the sword she swung have a weight of 2.7 kg (the weight of a odachi). That mean she have to carried 1.676204082 x 10^15 kg when she want to move the sword in one arm.

...That would mean either she have to bench-weight a small moon, or reduce the weight to nearly the weight of the e.coli Bacterium (or for herself, taking the weight of 60kg, Prochlorococcus cyanobacteria, the smallest (and possibly most plentiful) photosynthetic organism on Earth)

Would like to do the sword durability later though.

Edit: ...I mess up the math. The time for her acceleration should be even shorter. If I count her time of acceleration as 1/300 second...

Edit 2: ...Well that explain the moon spellcard. You know, between this and that, I think her becoming weightless would be more plausible than this calculation I did.

Now for the sword durability:

Since this is a complicated sonovabich (Like the collision between the sword and the air particle itself which create both compressive air which heat up the sword and the possible nuclear fusion and whatnot...), I just going to do the basic of E= m*(lorentz factor-1) * V^2 with the lorentz factor of 1.0356

So the Roukanken would suffered 2.7* .0356* (0,26c)^2=5,839852313*10^14 J

Hakurouken (a wakizashi, so i take 0.45 kg) would suffered 0.45 *.0356* (0,26c)^2 =9,733087188* 10^13 J

Or Large Town and Town, respectively.

...That still the amount of energy these guy could carried though, and not actual durability. Need help

We don't extend the stats of the characters to their weapons because it creates contradictions in the system.

Also, I don't know where you pulled 0.26c from but if it isn't confirmed or if it comes from another calc (calc stacking) you can't use it here.

^It's a pretty common stat in Touhou though:

200 Yojana would equal out to 2600km.

In the game, she move across the screen in 2/60 frame = 1/30 second (because honestly we don't have any other reference to "a flash")

so the speed would be 2600/(1/30)= 78000km/s ~= 0.26c

Oh I thought you meant Genji...

But anyways the methods used in there are not we use to determine lifting strength and usually AP. Mixing up something that is speed-based with those greatly flaws our system.

^I does said Youmu in the title though...

But well, I though accelerating so suddenly while swinging out your sword, not to mention cutting it into small identical indivitual piece of bullet would be a ridiculously hard thing to do.

But yeah, I have forgotten to calculate whether the strain would be the same when you finally reach the speed, because it's easy to change direction when you already have the same momentum. But the ending speed when she have to keep her sword intact would still put enormous strain to her body.

Edit:...I messed up the math again. And this time it's disgusting.

Just-Just look at the above to find out.

You should probably politely inform DontTalk about this thread via his message wall.

Back