• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Youmu (and perhap Yuyuko (?), and then the PCB's MC in general?)'s update?

In PCB, it's known that Youmu collect Spring itself, so that she could bloom the giant bloodthirsty sakura tree in Yuyuko's background (to unpleasant, and ultimately meaningless effect). That would mean ,even before th16 Youmu have Weather Manipulation on her kit, in this specific case. The protag also used the spring for the Supernatural Border, so that could count. Yuyuko could do that too, guessing from how she spread her winter temperament when it gone overboard (though we didn't see her direct influence on this...)

thing is we dont know how they went about doing it, it could be weather manipulation, it could be energy manipulation, its rather vague

It affect weather at least, so I said we could count it as weather manipulation then.

Not really. Who would we attribute it to? We have no idea how it was done. Could be an object, Youmu could have used help or Yuyuko's powers. We just don't know how it was done, too vague.

Hm...it's said that Youmu did collect the string herself though, but what you said make sense. The protag themselve could used the srping power just fine, without any tools, as the game mechanic, so this would probably put it more into energy manip for them.

yea but how did she collect the spring for Youmu?

and we're still not given any info as to how the protagonists are able to harness the power of spring. it could be yukari for all we know.

How did who?

...The same way they could go into Trance mode in Ten Desire, and the UFO in UFO? The protag seems to be able to do it themselve whether some kind of new power appear, or they're in excess.

i mean, by what means is Youmu collecting the energy of Spring?

Trance mode and UFO are separate things that occur in separate incidents from the supernatural border in PCB.

...Guess that have something to do with her job as a gardener, perhap (now that I think about it, I never see a doujin about that aspect of her)

Yeah, but the way they occurs is abit similar: As temporary thing the protag could used to fight the incident, played out as game mechanic. I suspect the way they take it in is similar, even if the execution is different.

Truu she is gardener, but wot is it about that that lends her the power to steal such a fine season as spring.

The way they work in-game all serve to aid the player, but the mechanics seem different. Trance mode is activated upon getting hit (or if all flames are filled, press C) and is collected with spirits, Supernatural border is triggered upon collecting enough cherry points, and idk about UFOs.

For flowering I guess, it's hard to tend for 200 Yojana of garden without that kind of ability.

The mechanic is different, put pretty much how they take it in is the same, seems like.

...TBH though, I don't think even ZUN himself think about how she done it really. PCB didn't really said that others have done it for her though, nor did the following lore, so let just said that she could do it without going into the specific.

For the flowering, we could just chalk it up to her fast speed. Her really fast speed. She's fast enough to outpace even Aya, after all.

Whilst they do take those in the same way, via proximity. But again, we're not given a lead as to how they're able to do it. we can't just say that "we don't know how they do it so let's add it anyway"

We also can't just not added them in, despite it being pretty important in their toolkit.

...This would lead to another type of discussion about game mechanic ability isn't it? Hah...why does ZUN only added explanation for this as his later game like a sensible person.

Since we're not exactly given leads/clues as to how they're able to do it (Yukari gave them powers? Some magical item? The power of magic? etc. etc.), I will remain with my original stance.

Back