• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

You Did This to Yourself Professor (Dr. Kondraki vs Jonathan Joestar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now let me go into depth and consider their abilities some more.

Kondraki has his butterflies. They can collect together to form super-realistic illusions as well as absorb blows from high 8-C targets. That's nice and all, I doubt it's going to be very useful here when it comes to tanking Jonathan. If they collect together in an attempt to shield Kondraki from Jonathan's rush attack, they're all going to collapse and die. The hamon will travel through all of them almost instantly since they're all touching one another. The majority of them will fall down, leaving Jonathan able to strike Kondraki with his follow through.

The illusions? It works, but it also prevents Kondraki from using his camera. He can't exactly take his picture if they're just going to block him and make an illusion. If he's within Jonathan's proximity while using the illusions, it doesn't really matter, since his hamon radar will pick it up. He continually enfuses his body with so much hamon that it leaks into the ground, spreading through the floor and creating a radar-like effect.

So I think his butterflies are okay, but they really don't help him considering they cluster together and touch each other, and a little bit of hamon will just cause them to either betray Kondraki and protect Jonathan, or collapse to the floor instantly.

Konny can just have a few butterlies move, snap a picture and have them move back and continue to do their thing

ProfessorLord said:
Can I see a source on 11-shots per second? That's... wtf.
SCP-515-ARC: Kondraki's camera, as well as his major offensive tool. The camera is an amalgamation of different SCPs ranging from SCP-143 alloyed metal to a lens comprise of SCP-408 cells. The end-product of the cross-testing is a camera capable of capturing images of any living being via taking a picture of their 'essence', even when invisible or undetectable. The camera's flash creates a large burst of energy similar to concentrated sunlight, causing third degree burns and temporary blindness when at close-range. As for rate of fire, the camera takes flash shots at the same speed of a Nikon D3 camera, so it can be considered to be semi-automatic.

https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/D3/D3A6.HTM

The Nikon D3 is noteworthy because it's Nikon's first digital SLR camera with a full-frame sensor, but it's remarkable for the amazing speed it delivers in a full-frame body. Not only is the Nikon D3 the fastest full-frame DSLR, but it's the fastest digital SLR camera of any type, with a top continuous shooting speed of 11 frames/second, just edging the Canon EOS-1D Mark III for that honor.

That kind of alerts Jonathan of where he is, doesn't it? That also implies he's within Jonathan's proximity and would aleart him via hamon radar.

So fine, he snaps his picture then goes back to hiding. Little does he know Jonathan know literally knows what direction he's in and can narrow it down further with his radar. He strikes his butterfly shield, they all collapse, then he follows through and hits Kondraki.

Also no, he doesnt continually have his hamon radar active, he has to actively use it and even then it only has a range of a few feet

WeeklyBattles said:
Also no, he doesnt continually have his hamon radar active, he has to actively use it and even then it only has a range of a few feet
Probably more than that but yes.

Jonathan would use it if his opponent is hiding though. It helps narrow his opponent down.

It wouldnt help him find Konny though as literally the entire immediate area would be alive due to the Booterflies

ok then, Konny would probably be able to tell that Hamon Radar has a small AOE and will just spam his camera from outside of it

he also has a really stronk incendiary grenade and a few other things, but they don't matter as much

Okay,as im stated above could Jonanthan just punch the ground and send the Hamon to Draki because of the fire and range disavantage?speed is equalised after all he could do in time.

The camera would destroy Jonathan, one shot inflicts instant 3rd degree burns, Konny can use shots 11 in one second

Konny would not be able to tell that in time. You just told me he would hide behind his illusions and take a picture. If that's how he leads, that's how he leads. Jonathan gets burnt, knows where it came from, chases the direction and narrows his specific location with the radar. Konny hesitates thinking "ohshit can he see me?" and then uses his butterflies to tank the attack.

It won't matter though because he can strike through them and smash into Konny with the follow through on his punch or kick. The hamon will cause the butterflies to collapse in one big pile.

WeeklyBattles said:
The camera would destroy Jonathan, one shot inflicts instant 3rd degree burns, Konny can use shots 11 in one second
I'm researching this. If true then Konny wins. Give me a moment.

ProfessorLord said:
I'm researching this. If true then Konny wins. Give me a moment.
SCP-515-ARC: Kondraki's camera, as well as his major offensive tool. The camera is an amalgamation of different SCPs ranging from SCP-143 alloyed metal to a lens comprise of SCP-408 cells. The end-product of the cross-testing is a camera capable of capturing images of any living being via taking a picture of their 'essence', even when invisible or undetectable. The camera's flash creates a large burst of energy similar to concentrated sunlight, causing third degree burns and temporary blindness when at close-range. As for rate of fire, the camera takes flash shots at the same speed of a Nikon D3 camera, so it can be considered to be semi-automatic.

https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/D3/D3A6.HTM

The Nikon D3 is noteworthy because it's Nikon's first digital SLR camera with a full-frame sensor, but it's remarkable for the amazing speed it delivers in a full-frame body. Not only is the Nikon D3 the fastest full-frame DSLR, but it's the fastest digital SLR camera of any type, with a top continuous shooting speed of 11 frames/second, just edging the Canon EOS-1D Mark III for that honor.

Thats the thing speed is equalised cause of that he could pull that a little bit before the other 8 shots.

I know you can twist any argument Weekly, I'm watching videos about the camera myself. I'll come back and source the claims, so just bare with me.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-515-arc

SCP-515 appears to be a highly customized Nikon D3, with its casing redesigned and remodeled out of SCP-143. A large external flash is attached to the top of the device, utilizing a flash-heat system connected to a clear glass container of SCP-295-1. The body of the device is labeled as "Obraz xIII".

Mr. Bambu said:
Two verses I am slowly coming to dislike. Wonderful. I think that makes me objective.....
Why are you starting to dislike Jojo?

Is it because people say the later seasons are trash?

You guys have been misreading the damn pages, lol.

A large external flash is attached to the top of the device, utilizing a flash-heat system connected to a clear glass container of SCP-295-1

I've researched and cannot find any Nikon D3 with an inherent flash setting. Even the SCP article clarifies that it is an external device, not part of the camera. Weekly was linking me how many shots it takes within a second but that's irrelevant since it will ultimately be bottlenecked by the speed of the external flash device if it cannot keep up. Using any specs of the Nikon D3 to cement a shooting speed is false information.

Since it's also considered to be semi-automatic, this means like every semi-automatic weapon, the trigger or button needs to be pulled again before another shot can be taken. Semi-automatic is when ONE bullet is fired for every time the trigger is pulled. Burst-fire is for when more than one bullet is fired for every time the trigger is pulled.

Since the page LITERALLY describes it as semi-automatic, and the mechanics behind it are being twisted to suggest that the flare goes off at every single frame (which if true, would make this one continuous light strobe rather than a flicker of light as described in the page) I cannot understand why this misconception exists.

TLDR; if this is a semi-automatic weapon, it cannot shoot 11 times in a second @Weekly. It can only shoot once each time the button is pressed.

So tell me, what are the issues still existing that prevent Jonathan from taking this fight HI3 or anyone who voted for that matter?

Just because it can't fire 11 times per second doesn't mean it isn't spammable

it's still semi-auto

Correct, but you didn't say that nor make any attempt to research. You got a bunch of people to vote on the premise that it can shoot 11 times in a second... which is blatantly false.

You already suggested how Konny would start the fight, take a shot and then hide behind booterflies. I already told you how Jonathan would react, go in the direction he got burned with his hamon radar, punch through his butterfly shield and Konny. He'd probably get 2-3 shots off with that strategy, which will definitely not stop Jonathan who can null pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back