• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoshikage Kira vs. Phil Connors

Even then, a gun just stopping is still surprising, especially if he hasn't seen anything like that before. I'd still say he'd seem pretty surprised and not just dead faced

Well, maybe. But if he viewed such a variety of things that Kira can do as surprising, then it would take a long time before he thinks of a way that works.

Eh, I dunno. I think after he realizes guns and knives and fists don't work it wouldn't take long until he says "I can't confront this thing head on."

Would he know that Phil did it? He doesn't have to be nearby for explosives. A car, maybe, but that's assuming he doesn't just die in the crash

Would Phil even have the determination to keep on fighting after dying twelve thousand times to brutal explosions?

Wouldn't he be more likely to just give up than continue dying over and over again?

Even if we say that, with infinite tries, he'll eventually kill Kira... How many times will it take for Phil, a nonathletic Human with no combat proficiency, to kill a guy with an invisible one-shotting Stand who outclasses him physical with and without it, alongside a homing invisible heat-tracing bomb?

Are we going to say Phil, the guy who got sad and basically gave up on life after around 10 loops in the movie, is going to fight the thousands of times needed to actually kill Kira?

Yobo Blue said:
I mean, Phil IIRC has ten thousand years of experience, so....
That's a high-end guesstimate that only some writers made. While he may know basic martial arts, he's clearly not a hardened fighter. I watched the movie a while back- the man's kinda depressing. It didn't take long for him to just give up and start screwing around.

ThePixelKirby wrote: "Would Phil even have the determination to keep on fighting after dying twelve thousand times to brutal explosions?"

I really doubt he would die that many times. He also has killed himself multiple times so I don't see why this would kill his courage. I personally think too many variables start coming into play once the time loops that don't have Phil randomly exploding out of nowhere start to happened. Kira is definitely paranoid, but Phil is a genius along with Kira's knowledge on Phil being completely erased when Phil dies. Kira may accidentally kill Phil because he's building level vs an average man. He may never see Phil and just randomly gets poisoned out of the blue. Would Kira even go for a knock out against someone who is nigh defenseless against Killer Queen without prep. Why would he go for a interrogation when he in verse just blows everyone else up. The longest he's ever interrogated someone was like 10 minutes and he tried to blow that person up immediately afterwards. Kira could figure something out, but when he noticed stuff like time loops it was due to that person being forced to be right next to him for multiple days. I definitely see the reasons Kira wins but I can see many times when Phil decides to stay far away from Kira and poisons him later (unless you would try and get close to a guy that can blow you up without even touching you).

Killing yourself is different from constantly suffering a brutal death at the hands of having your insides blown apart in an unavoidable explosion, limb torn from limb by an invisible and unstoppable force, guts splattering...

Phil's only a "genius" in the sense that he's had time to learn a lot of trivial things. He's no Albert Einstein.

As well, Kira is, by SBA, willing to kill. Think of it this way: If the scenario truly didn't prompt either of them to kill each other, the battle would be inconclusive because the two would just walk off. By SBA, they are in a situation to fight each other, as otherwise it's... not a fight. And if Kira is willing to kill, Phil is going to die. Kira's not going to dawdle around- Kira kills his victims without mercy.

For this reason, the concept of him "poisoning" Kira is impossible. They are in a fight scenario. If Phil runs away to go find a way to poison Kira hours later, that's a pretty hefty self-BFR.

Would Kira figure things out? Probably not on his own, unless Phil starts making it obvious. (Which is possible, since Kira would be more likely to recognize the ability due to having it and knowing it's possible to have, and Phil not exactly being discreet.)

But would Phil really put up that much of a fight? There is basically no practical way for Phil to kill Kira that isn't along the lines of "Rocks fall, everyone dies".

Self BFR only applies if you don't effect your opponent for 24 hours yes? It's not gonna take a whole day for him to poison Kira

Would it? He has to both find the poison, prepare it, find Kira again, and then successfully poison him. And considering Kira buys a lot of bread from local bakeries, poisoning him is going to be very difficult.

If Kira follows an observable pattern throughout the days I doubt it'd be all that difficult to do all the things mentioned

An observable yet very safe pattern. How do you poison local bread, much less with a poison that kills in under 24 hours? Most poisons are slow, and he doesn't live next to terrorists or cyanide facilities.

I mean if he's poisoned the 24 hour part stops mattering because technically Kira is dying to Phil so it's not self bfr but it is a slow fight. I think we can ask Dargoo if this counts as a fight or not.

Kira goes to the doctor's office after feeling symptoms. Kira gets treated. Phil loses for self-BFR.

There are plenty of poisons people can buy that would almost guarantee death (why do you think there have been successful murders with poison if you could just go to the doctor). Getting poisoned isn't just a quick check up with the doctors, it an extremely dangerous life or death scenario, and that's with weaker poisons. (Just a note, it's 11:00 pm here so probably will be my last response for the night)

So you bring up murder by poison, yes?

For one, this here source says less than 1% of 2016 murders were by poisoning. So, it's not a very common method at all.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/08/02/most-common-methods-murder-13264

For two, what kind of poison could he possibly get into bread in broad daylight, much less poison that he specifically buys? Are we really saying he'd manage to somehow poison the specific, public bread that Kira's hand buddy chooses to buy?

For three, the poison would have to be tasteless, since bread doesn't have a very strong taste and he'd notice that he's eating bleach/pesticides.

So no, poisoning is really not a practical method here.

If Phil manages to kill Kira, time is still going to be reset when the day is up and Kira will be alive again. How do we deal with these kinds of cases?

TacticalNuke002 said:
If Phil manages to kill Kira, time is still going to be reset when the day is up and Kira will be alive again. How do we deal with these kinds of cases?
Oh yea.

All the more reason to say that eventually Phil gives up. Kira gets my vote.

Seems like Kira stomps actually, since Phil can't win.

The best matchup for Phil would be someone with Type 2 Acausality. Although he'll only get one chance to win.

Might need Dargoo to come back and clarify some things.

If Kira is killed, even if time resets at the end of the day, isn't that a win for Phil?

I still don't see Phil winning. Unless someone can show how the guy who got depressed and sad not too far into the loops would take the time and pain to actually murder someone, I'm voting Kira.

Back