• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoshikage Kira vs. Phil Connors

Kira getting skeptical of Phil in the first number of loops and possibly KOing him presents a wincon.

Because, if Phil dodged his rock with fear, that means that he knows what would happen. Because a normal person wouldn't dodge a rock like that. He'd figure out the loop as he interrogates or sees Phil react to things.

I feel like if he got skeptical, blowing him up like he does everyone else is more likely, but this isn't pushing it as much as Thanos (dinosaur) vs Coca-Cola Kid so I'm not voting yet but leaning a little to Phil.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Because, if Phil dodged his rock with fear, that means that he knows what would happen. Because a normal person wouldn't dodge a rock like that. He'd figure out the loop as he interrogates or sees Phil react to things.
But why would he dodge it fearfully, why not just go nowhere near it.

Yes, but there's a difference between someone dodging a rock thrown at them and a bomb thrown at them. Phil's not going to dodge it like it's some normal object and Kira's not going to just kill him normally after seeing that. Like I said, before he killed Shigechi he asked him about his friend's stands. Kira wants to live a quiet life so if something abnormal happens, he wants to know why so he can avoid it disrupting him.

But why would Phil even put himself into a position to have an exploding rock thrown at him. Why would Kira use Bites the Dust to check if he can time loop, if he doesn't even know about it or does he even know BtD has accausility to do so? Don't get me wrong Kira is a skeptical and smart dude but being randomly poisoned by a guy who can time travel is kinda hard to see coming.

If he doesn't know what happened, then he just randomly gets blown up again until he realized what happened, then he would stay away from the guy throwing explosive rocks. I feel like he would probably try to shot Kira rather than poison him, but building level durability would say no and make Phil a lot more likely to go for poison. Kira randomly being shot by someone (who from his perspective) never seen before, doesn't make him auto think time reverse so he blows Phil up. This time Phil may poison him.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Kira realised that BtD was activated just by observing Hayato's behaviour. He'll eventually realise what's up after a few loops.
But how many loops does it take for Phil to go for poison, and how may loops does it take Kira to find out, because he maybe poisoned before finding out. (also Hayato's in the same house every day with him. Phil could be any where he wants to be that allows him to see Kira)

I mean, Kira does have a feat of being able to tell how many times someone has timelooped just by seeing their reactions to the things around them. If Phil does things that he shouldn't be able to know how to do, then Kira would recognize this. I'm not saying it happens instantly, but I'm saying Kira knocking him out is more likely and happens faster than (insert high number) of loops where Phil finally manages to kill Kira.

I'll probably vote inconclusive than, Kira can find out about time loops but I feel like that's under certain scenarios (Hayato being forced to be right next to Kira multiple times a day) and Phil may poison him pretty quickly since Kira's nowhere close to being an average man (building level durability pretty much highlights durability ignoring option) but Kira may find out and knock out.

Incon FRA

Kira can win, but it's assuming Connors isn't do enough to win either, in which after a few loops could also beat Kira in albeit unconventional ways.

Kira - 2 (Dragon, Hierophant)

Incon - 3 (Keeweed, Jacky, Aresnal)

TheArsenal1212 said:
Kira can win, but it's assuming Connors isn't do enough to win either, in which after a few loops could also beat Kira in albeit unconventional ways.
My argument is that Kira does it faster, not that Conner can't win.

I'm not so sure. I mean, yeah Kira has easier and quicker ways of beating Connor but I mean it really shouldn't take long for Connor to realise he can't physically beat Kira and then he tries crazy shit

DragonEmperor23 said:
I mean, Kira does have a feat of being able to tell how many times someone has timelooped just by seeing their reactions to the things around them. If Phil does things that he shouldn't be able to know how to do, then Kira would recognize this. I'm not saying it happens instantly, but I'm saying Kira knocking him out is more likely and happens faster than (insert high number) of loops where Phil finally manages to kill Kira.
^

I dunno I feel like the guy would go for the poison pretty quickly and not just go up to him and physically fight.

I'd say it'd work like, trying a knife, trying a gun, and then he probably delves into poison and loonier stuff

Right, which leaves plenty of time for Kira to figure out what's going on. A random person trying to shoot specifically him? That random person managing to not be surprised when the bullet doesn't hit Kira? This must be the work of an enemy stand. Incapitate and Interrogate.

Why would he assume being shot at would be reason for a stand, why would they not use their stand instead of a regular handgun (also another stand (stray cat) shot at him and his first instinct was to blow it up). Also Killer Queen is building level so he may accidentally kill Phil, unless he's really good at holding his punches.

Because he's paranoid and knows that people with special abilities exist. He also knows that not all stands are the same (Stray Cat, The Hand, and Harvest all being different types of Stands). The difference between Stray Cat and Phil is that he knows everything about Stray Cat( A cat that came back to life as a plant and has a stand ability) and nothing about Phil (A random person who tried assassinating him that doesn't look suprised at the gun not working). Not to mention, he himself have a time looping ability, so obviously he knows that's a possibility. It doesn't take skill to not instantly kill normal people you hit. A stand is a manifestation of your willpower, if you're not trying to donut your enemy then they aren't getting oneshot.

Wait why would Phil not be surprised that the gun doesn't work? I'd say Phil would be pretty surprised, I mean...when you shoot people they'd normally get hit. I'd say he'd be pretty surprised

Jackythejack said:
I dunno I feel like the guy would go for the poison pretty quickly and not just go up to him and physically fight.
I'd say it'd work like, trying a knife, trying a gun, and then he probably delves into poison and loonier stuff
I was going in this order. So first he would try fists, then find a knife, then a gun. At this point he would probably realize that normal methods aren't working. He'd probably react to the Stand in a not normal way, which would garner Kira's interest since he's not able to see KQ but still knows about it's existence.

Kira Fra

Also just want to point out btd is not useless in 1 on 1 combat as Kira can detonate it at will or just tell a pedestrian his name otherwise

Kira - 3 (Dragon, Hierophant, Paul)

Incon - 3 (Keeweed, Jacky, Aresnal)

I dunno I still think he'd be pretty surprised.

Like stabbing or punching a guy, sure, maybe that doesn't work. He's probably gonna he confused if the stand fights, but a gun, like, the bullet would just stop or whatever, right? He'd definitely react to that in shock

Right, but differently than a normal person since he knows there's a force that's there. After all, he was killed by something he couldn't the time he tried with his fists and the knife right?

I mean I guess? Of course I feel like he'd die far too quickly to process what's going to happen.

A bullet just stopping in midair would be just as surprising as just dying instantly. Imagine yourself in that situation, knowing nothing about stands or anything else. I know I'd be shocked at least

Back