• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Nop. Volume 3 when Suimei thinks dark magic is cursed it says that Magicians have a natural resistance against curses since their bodies are reinforced with the mysticism the expose themselves to. Same reason why they can’t use technology.
Ah yesss, I remember, thanks for refreshing my mind hehehe, I got lots of things in my head that I couldn't find that specific memory.

and does the series make clear what is considered a "mystical phenomenon" or is it vague what this involves?

and how does this work when in the other series (bleach) yhwach is not considered mystical?

By the definition of magicians, in Mahou, Yhwach is also a magician.

Magicka is anything that isn't based on science, physical phenomena yada yada.

Of course that's a simplification cause Magicians are beings which by existing mess with physical laws due to mystical entropy. The very use of magic makes it easer to use magic, and harder for physical laws to work properly.

The mystical also inherently opposes the physical and thus both components fight, magicians can increase entropy to shut down magic, resist said shutdown using devils etc.

Anyway anything that's supernatural, doesn't abide by physical laws like gravity for example, are mystical. Again my blog explains this.

By the definition of magicians, in Mahou, Yhwach is also a magician.

Magicka is anything that isn't based on science, physical phenomena yada yada.

Of course that's a simplification cause Magicians are beings which by existing mess with physical laws due to mystical entropy. The use of magic makes it easer to use magic, and harder for physical laws to work properly.

The mystical also inherently opposes the physical and thus both components fight, magicians can increase entropy to shut down magic, resist said shutdown using devils etc.
well that's why i'm confused in bleach yhwach is scientific, he's natural like anything else in the series, how does that work when the two series have different definitions of what is mystical?

well that's why i'm confused in bleach yhwach is scientific, he's natural like anything else in the series, how does that work when the two series have different definitions of what is mystical?
It works becouse literally it shuts down super natural powers, things that don't abide by natural laws.

“Natural” or “Supernatural” doesn’t really matter what you call it. If it breaks the usual laws of physics known to us it’s a mystical phenomena.

Beasts of the end are “natural” mystical phenomena.

“Natural” or “Supernatural” doesn’t really matter what you call it. If it breaks the usual laws of physics known to us it’s a mystical phenomena.

Beasts of the end are “natural” mystical phenomena.
what respects the natural law or not is defined by the cosmology of the series and in bleach yhwach is natural while in the other series it is not, so how would it work if the two series have different definitions, that's my question.

what respects the natural law or not is defined by the cosmology of the series and in bleach yhwach it is natural while in the other series it is not, so how would it work if the two series have different definitions, that's my question.
Again, it works on super powers. Super powers don't abide by natural laws, you understand?..,for example, someone who can create water with his hands is against the laws of phsycs, aka not natural.

Does Yhwach abide by gravity? Does he violate the law of conservation of mass?

Lets put it this way, are his abilities something that are different from purely physical phenomenon?

The mystical is anything that is not based on physical phenomena, when Yhwach uses an ability, ie make fire, is the fire created by the physical interactions of chemicals, or is it something other, if it's other, it's mystical.

Just read the concepts section, and mystical entropy section of my blog to get what we are explaining.

Isn't RDE effective only against "magicians"?
Magic in the verse is extremely broad. I only read a few dozen chapters and even I’m aware of the fact that there are hundreds to thousands of different magic systems which are sometimes not called magic and work under different mechanics. Including but not to limited to spiritual/soul manipulation. Some systems are even hyper scientific iirc.

Magic in the verse is extremely broad. I only read a few dozen chapters and even I’m aware of the fact that there are hundreds to thousands of different magic systems which are sometimes not called magic and work under different mechanics. Including but not to limited to spiritual/soul manipulation. Some systems are even hyper scientific iirc.
So, just DnD?

@YungManzi Case in point, Elliot, like Suimei he is from a different world than those of the other world, and his ability involves materializing a physical substance.

Magic in the other world=The Elements, thus limited to the 8 elements, there is no magic to materialize armor like Elliot.

Then you get into stuff like Goeta and witch craft, different systems of magicka that exist in Suimei's work, no magic exists that can perform an astral attack in the other world, however Goeta can accomplish that.

Magic=Mystical law ie The Elements, Magicka=Techniques to manipulate the mysteries, the mysteries encompassing all that is mystical in nature. This includes, the wonders and monsters of Japan.

I mean infinite worlds exist and each world is governed by different laws, The Elements being what governs the otherworld, hence why Suimei was nerfed in the other world cause the laws and what not he uses weren't in the other world.

If someone in some other world has some sort of ability, regardless of it's difference from what could be termed as magic, it would still be a mystery and fall under RDE, proven by the fact that even in the other world RDE applies, when it's something that was established to exist in Suimei's world, cause it shuts down the mysteries.

Back