• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet another Medaka Box CRT (*sigh*)

I'm sure we're all tired of discussing about Medaka Box, but there are still some things that need to be fixed. I hope I can point all of them in this thread so we can finally put an end to this. While the first 2 points are the most important ones, the other ones are fortunately just minor hax revisions that should get accepted easily, so maybe we can hope things don't escalate as much as usual... maybe.

Well, let's get started.

1. The current 8-A and 8-B tiers are probably incorrect, as they scale from Nienami slicing a battleship in half. That was actually an hax feat rather than an AP feat, so it should get removed. I posted two feats in the calculation request thread (you can find more information about the feats in the comments), but since I obviously don't want to force anyone to calculate them now I think we should put the characters as "Unknown" until someone takes time to calculate them (or better feats, if there are any).

2. "The Hero" should be banned from vsthreads against characters who don't have any counter to it. We already have a note that says it shouldn't be used, but people seem to ignore that pretty often, so it would be better to just ban it entirely. There are multiple reasons for this. Ther first is that the skill is not just something that makes the opponent act in a dumb way like some people seem to think. The Hero is "someone that is already decided to be the winner" and "there's nobody in the world who can defeat her", as the entire series follows a "plot > fictional powers" logic. You could say "But that's NLF!" but that's exactly my point. "The Hero" is the epitome of NLF, therefore it should be banned. Normally we could just scale it to its best showing, but in this case The Hero scales to a character whose tier is unknown in the first place (Ajimu), so we can't put any "realistic" limit to it either. Another reason is that everytime Medaka has it in a fight the thread usually gets out of hand and it sometimes generates hostility too, and the entire thread becomes an infinite repetition of "Medaka can be haxed because The Hero has no showings" vs "Medaka is superior to Ajimu so 3D hax won't be able to defeat her". Last but not least, Iihiko is basically the embodiment of "The Hero" and he's banned. Allowing Medaka to use what makes Iihiko what he is doesn't make any sense.

3. Every Style user should have Word Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation and Power Granting (style can be lent to other people). This was already accepted for Medaka, we just forgot to add it to other style users.

4. Joutou Kotobuki currently has "Necromancy" on her profile. That's probably because she resurrected Zenkichi by bringing his body back to how it was 2 days before Iihiko killed him. I believe that doesn't qualify as Necromancy, but Resuscitation (limited, since she said that the effect would wear off with time). She should also have pseudo-Healing (she reversed the irreversible wounds dealt by Iihiko) and Time Reversal.

5. Style doesn't work on frenzied enemies, and it's implied to be ineffective against beings that are not able to communicate. It should probably be added to every Style user profile as a weakness.

6. Stamina lost against Iihiko doesn't recover, exactly like damage. I don't know if there's a page for this kind of power, but we should probably mention it in his profile.

7. Iihiko should have a possibly 5-C rating as well, scaling from Medaka.

8. IIihiko's note that states "attacks only work on him once before they break" is incorrect. Using the same attack twice seems to be simply uneffective. The attack reflection has nothing to do with it and it's never suggested that it only works on attacks he already experienced. The note should be removed.

9. Medaka can accurately control the vibration from her attacks. This was done before she learned to use her style so we should put a note under her Vibration Manipulation.

10. Medaka and Hinokage should have Perception Manipulation with Unknown Hero.

11. Medaka should have Resistance to Sealing, scaling from Kumagawa (since Kumagawa can resist sealing simply because he has Bookmaker, Medaka should be able to do the same thing with 120% Bookmaker).

I hope I didn't forget anything so we can finally end this.

I suppose that most of this seems to make sense, but would appreciate further input.

1. That should increased actually. People don't scale from the air ship cut but mostly from Hinokage. And Mr.Common Sense deduced that Hinokage's attacks should be at least around city level (calculated it), and Medaka tanked like hundreds of those and was still standing.

2. The Hero is pretty broken, and yeah it's true, it's not plot induced stupidity but it also does stuff like "weaken someone", i mean literally anything is possible, powers not working, passives not working, not activating powers etc. A good example of this in other series is stuff like Goku getting hurt by bullets for example, cus the plot WANTS it to happen. It is impossible no matter how u look at it though The Hero makes it happen and it should be corrected imo. And another thing about the scaling. The Hero worked on Ajimu who transcends dimensions, concepts and actually scales to this feat by completely disregarding concepts (who were also stated to surpass dimensions). So if we can give Ajimu a tier (which should be 1-A according to the wiki with that level of transcendence) we could keep The Hero.

3 and 4 I agree, though dimensional transcendence for styles should be added too. It was stated multiple times during the show (i will give scans later if needed), and they scale perfectly to Iihiko and Ajimu.

5. That is true though it may be hard to deduce on "when is he frenzied?". Bloodlusted doesn't make immunity to styles, and even angry Medaka couldn't overcome styles, only War God Mode Medaka. So it is really hard to judge on what counts as "full frenzy" against styles. If we can deduce that then im ok with adding it.

6. True and 7. Not so sure, Iihiko said he couldn't help Medaka by the end, so im not too sure on this, though 1 thing. Are these 2 points even needed? Iihiko is banned from threads either way due to the nature of his powers.

8. I think this point is better off to not be considered, as nothing besides styles could even damage him. He had never seen zenkichi's kicks for example, but they did jack shit, he didn't even recognize them. Attacks only worked after Medaka copied styles and since styles only exist in Medaka Box...... yeah u see where this leads to.

9. This doesn't change much, and i do agree with it, but while we'r at it "Style Creation" and "Style Copying" should be added to her profile too. She created her Vibration style and copied Fukurou's immortality style as well as the fact that she fights Iihiko and Hanten again in the Boquet Toss arc, without styles she ain't beating Iihiko as easy as that. (she also fights all the style users again).

10 and 11. I agree, they are missing from the profiles.

1. My point is that the tier is incorrect, whatever feat we can use is fine for me. It's not particularly relevant either, since Medaka Box characters usually win via hax rather than AP.

2. Ajimu's transcendence is not accepted in this wiki, and putting a tier to her is currently against the rules.

3/4. Personally, I agree, but unfortunately higher-dimensional statements are not accepted here. I do think that al least plot itself should be considered higher dimensional, but people seem to disagree with that and I don't want to argue about this in every thread.

5. I think it could be relevant for fights against characters like Kratos or Kenpachi who get pissed off easily, bloodlust wouldn't work as you said.

6/7. I know he is banned, they're just for listing purpose. About point 7, he just meant that he couldn't help her because he wasn't the hero Iihiko Shishime anymore, but just his echo, the Iihiko we saw before should scale to her.

8. I agree, I'm only saying that we should remove the note.

9. I disagree. Every Style can be used to control vibration, she just used her own style to do the same thing Fukurou does, she didn't copy his style. Creation makes sense, but it's more like she grasped how style works and then started using her own version of it, she can't simply create styles.

2. It is "currently" I don't see why we can't get rid of that rule in this CRT doe. If we can get enough proof she can get a tier.

3/4. Well let's give it a shot. If everything scales perfectly and with enough feat/statements and logical conclusions it may work out.

5. Yeah, but it's again really hard to know when it is truly "frenzy" even when ppl were angry or pissed it wasn't enough.

9. Whether it is copy, understanding or creation i think Medaka should have all the styles as skills.

2/3/4. Already tried, even a low 2-C upgrade was rejected because everyone lacks feats and apparently statements are not enough, I gave up on that already.

5. It's something like "If you are so angry that you won't listen to words then words won't affect you". I admit that it's not easy to know how angry you have to be, but we should still add it to the profiles.

9. Why? I'm pretty sure she never showed any actual style, she just used vibration manipulation, which is only part of styles. She never used any kind of word manipulation (although she should have it to an unknown extent), much less all of them.

Kami95 said:
2/3/4. Already tried, even a low 2-C upgrade was rejected because everyone lacks feats and apparently statements are not enough, I gave up on that already.
Guess I should mention that I personally don't have any super big issues with potentially Low 2-C All Fiction and such, but it's all up to others.

I really do, and I can't believe people are pushing yet again. This is like the eight thread on the matter using the exact same arguments.

2/3/4. Well you never know when the arguments might work out, so eh.

5. Yeah sure let it be added though im kind of "eh" towards it, since it may create confusion on stuff, but if we can get a good definition on "angry" then ok i have no problems with adding it.

9. Well vibration manipulation is the basis of styles, the girls in the end of the series said and they said Medaka could use styles though Zenkichi was a better fit due to him being much closer to Shiranui and can understand her better, though i'm down to wait for some more input on this. Ps Medaka does say that she could learn styles, though it may require training which would be greatly reduced by The End.

@Matthew: Technically it's not, since this thread has absolutely nothing with low 2-C All Fiction. I already gave up on that, even if I disagree with you.

I would appreciate if we could drop this and go back to the main points.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Also, was the Hinokage calc approved? If so, then it needs to be applied
Idk, that's why i said it here, if it gets approved than the changes should be made on everyone who scales (and also changes on Medaka's durability too since she tanked like hundreds of Hinokages punches and only got like broken ribs, so maybe Island level durability? City * 100 is on Mountain to island level). Maybe someone should pm Mr.Common sense, and do the proper calculations.

Matthew Schroeder said:
What the hell? That's not how scaling works. Being punched a lot doesn't mean you can linearly multiply power.
Tank a city level punch = city level durability, i'll let ppl calculate the stuff i just wanted to mention the calc MCS did.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Mountain / Island is incorrect.
Where's the calc?
Ok now that's gonna be annoying for me to find again (it was posted on some thread by Mr Common sense), someone pm Mr common sense for this.

@Iapitus: The point is that we don't know the extent of The Hero at all, so every thread will go in the same way: "Medaka stomps because her plot manipulation lets her resist skill she wouldn't be able to resist normally" or "Medaka loses because being stated to be superior to Ajimu is no definitive proof". We will basically repeat Medaka vs Nihilus forever.

@Fire: The calc was town level, and I think it wasn't accepted. Besides, tanking hundreds of town level punches is still town level, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't change even if all of them hit her at the same time.

Kami95 said:
@Iapitus: The point is that we don't know the extent of The Hero at all, so every thread will go in the same way: "Medaka stomps because her plot manipulation lets her resist skill she wouldn't be able to resist normally" or "Medaka loses because being stated to be superior to Ajimu is no definitive proof". We will basically repeat Medaka vs Nihilus forever.
Yeah, about that, im gonna make a thread soon enough to talk a bit about ajimu and some stuff about her cus she's being taken as some fuking fodder around. The "Nihilus/BB > Ajimu" needs to stop. So let's put "The Hero" on hold for now.

Please, don't even try. Ajimu is fodder because she has no feats. These things you bring up in every single thread have gotten sick by now. You've even got reported over your bias for MB.

Don't make an Ajimu thread.

Don't.

I agree that a character with multiple omnipotence statements and blatant mentions of multiversal/higher-dimensional power in her skill list is obviously much stronger than some people believe her to be (especially since she was obviously meant as the "peak" of fiction to convey the "plot > fictional power" message), but we've tried that multiple times already and unfortunately the fact that she doesn't have any actual feat is still a fact. The only thing you could hope to achieve with such a thread is getting banned for ignoring the rule about her.

And again, we should stick to the main points of the thread rather than keeping switching to other arguments, we already got side-tracked twice in only 20 messages.

For the tier revision we'll just have to wait until someone calculates a feat and that calculation gets accepted, for now it's best to put everyone as Unknown and focus on the other points instead.

Well, Ant, Iapitus and Fire seem to agree with most of the points, maybe I should ask KamiYasha as well (since he's a knowledgeable member)?

Very well, if none of them notice this thread in a few hours I'll leave a message on their walls.

So if im not mistaken the only thing that was turned down is The Hero (by me and Iap), the rest should be fine if those 2 agree too, right?

Yes, The Hero is still under discussion and I'd like more input about that, the rest seems fine for now.

Firephoenixearl said:
Idk, that's why i said it here, if it gets approved than the changes should be made on everyone who scales (and also changes on Medaka's durability too since she tanked like hundreds of Hinokages punches and only got like broken ribs, so maybe Island level durability? City * 100 is on Mountain to island level). Maybe someone should pm Mr.Common sense, and do the proper calculations.
damage transfer bypasses durability, and she didn't really tank it lol. It shattered most of her insides and broke every bone in her body; she was basically standing through will power alone

So to determine how much force Encounter is pushing away from himself. We have to focus on the current force ever shown to hit Encounter. This starting with Kuudou Hinokage if we decided not to break the universal law of physics, which is nothing with mass can achieve traveling at the speed of light.

Speed of Light at 100% = 299,792,458m/s (983,571,000ft/s)
So lets put Hinokage 1% below
Speed of Light 99% = 296,794,533m/s (973,735,000ft/s).

If Hinokage fist has an average mass of 300g and its moving at 99% the speed of light. It would have a total energ of about 190,000,000,000,000,000 joules(quadrillion) That's 45 megatons of TNT. That's 2,800 times more powerful than Hiroshima. Hinokage fist is going to be incrediable hot since the energy released by him moving at speed is around 80,000,000,000,000 K(trillion)or 143,999,999,999,540.3 degrees Fahrenheit This is x5 million hotter than the core of our Sun.

Fist

Light speed

It takes about 1 centisecond(10,000,000 nanoseconds) for the light that hits the human's eyes retina to then be process by the brain. So since Hinokages fist is traveling near the speed of light it will only take 3.4 nanoseconds for fist to hit the opponent, Encounter activation time is beyond that in order to have to redirect the damage.

Push away

No opening

Medaka hurt

Keep in mind that majority of Anime authors unlike DC and Marvel don't dwell much on physics in their fictional stories. This is why I decided not to go into definite detail about the impact of speed of light characters hitting all the particles in the air, oxygen, nitrogen, ect are just suspended in frozen time because of Hinokage moving so fast. His fist would literally be hitting them with so much energy it creates a nuclear fusion. So, just for visual perspective here is a representation of just how much aftermath would happen after being punch at 99% the speed of light.

Nukemap

I do not think that we can assign arbitrary speed values to Hinokage if he was stated to move at lightspeed. Especially as Medaka Box has never cared about the laws of physics, just about satirising or explaining narrative conventions.

For now everyone seems to agree with points 3 to 11, so we can probably add them (most of them are already self-evident anyway). We still need more input regarding the first two points.

Should I post a list of profiles that need to be updated?

Back