• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
Shigeo Kageyama: 1 (Planck)

Crystal:

Inconclusive:

High 8-C used, and nothing above that allowed. Speed unequalized. Mob scales to around 226 m/s, while Crystal has base 605 m/s combat speeds, with most guns far below Mob's reactions, but with lasers at about 1559 m/s.

Mob is 12,554,532,364 joules. Crystal's durability upscales decently heavily from 8,610,000,000 joules, but AP varies heavily, getting quite high.

Battle takes place in Mother's Dwelling, on opposite sides of the map.

Sharp Teeth restricted.

Fight starts. Mob restrains her with TK by thinking and proceeds to ragdoll her. Fight ends.

Most of her projectile-based weaponry is meaningless since Mob can just redirect them away with his telekinesis or just stop them in mid-air, though I suppose her higher speed makes this significantly less of a problem. Not that it matters much since she's pretty much paralysed from the get-go, with Mob being capable of just rag-dolling or restraining her entire body with plants and calling it a day.

Mob wins, if not out-right stomps.

Thought based shielding + teleportation stops TK from restraining her. I knew what Mob's first move would be, naturally I wouldn't let it be that easy, no?

Some attacks can be reflected, but some such as the lasers...

Moritzva said:
Thought based shielding + teleportation stops TK from restraining her. I knew what Mob's first move would be, naturally I wouldn't let it be that easy, no?
Some attacks can be reflected, but some such as the lasers...
Tk doesn't have travel time and appears instantly around an opponent so no, standard barriers don't save you from it. Not to mention how everyone and their mother have active and passive shields in the verse and Mob rag-dolls them just fine. Also, why would Crystal arbitrarily teleport away from what looks like an anaemic middle schooler to her anyway? She has no way of knowing what Mob can do and what his opening move would be?

Acknowledged.

Shielding is just a consequence of teleporting, by the way. It's not the actual thing that stops it, she just... does both at the same time.

Mob tries to TK, throws her around, she teleports and escapes the grasp, so he has to grab her again. Also, she kinda murders... literally everything? I don't think she has ever seen a normal human in her life (that wasn't interdimensional murder police) so she'd go in guns blazing.

That's my point though. she isn't going to immediately teleport away from an opponent she has no prior knowledge of from the get-go. And teleporters are nothing new to MP100. Hell, a guy that spams teleportation, has precognition, can fly and has barriers on top of all that felt that he stood no chance against an angered Mob.

There's also how Mob's percent counter would likely rise rapidly in a fight like this so Crystal also has that to worry about.

Not sure how Percent works.

Also, ironically, it depends on their range but Crystal would 100% teleport away if she feels they are too close. Keep them at gun distance.

As well, that guy may teleport, but that person doesn't also happen to have speed and laser spam up the wazoo. Reaction speed difference means it'll be difficult to actually throw Crystal into things.

If Mob is feeling a certain emotion and the intensity of that emotion increases, it's shown as a certain percent out of a hundred. Once he reaches full, he's capable of keeping up with people like these guys. In this case, Mob would likely either be feeling anger, frstration or animosity (maybe even resignation if he feels like Crystal is too far gone to be reasoned with). While it varies, he can usually enter this state in a really short time so Crystal is on a clock.

Mob's also a ranged fighter and his flight, maneuverability and control over plant life would also hep him in this regard.

Ryo is capable of amping himself enough to blitz several people, at least one of whom was Subsonic+ himself, to the point that he was able to hit all of them near simultaneously and make them near stationary from his perspective while doing so. Yet he still felt enough fear of Mob to teleport away rather than try to face him. Not only that but while it's not that massive, Mob grows stronger and faster as his percentage is rising so it would at least mitigate the speed difference.

And Mob would likely just go for ripping her apart with telekinesis seeing as she doesn't even remotely look human or innocent.

Anyway, you've definitely convinced me that this is a fair fight but I'd personally give my vote to Mob here. But maybe others would feel different.

Hrmm. I mean, if it lets him reach different tiers that's obviously an issue, but I believe you can restrict abilities that jump tiers..?

I feel like that's the most relevant thing, here. That, and the fact that lasers are really going to hurt.

The counter shouldn't be restricted since the match is stilll very much fair and valid with it. Crystal can stilll feasibly put down Mob before he reaches 100% and wrecks her shit, considering the massive advantages she already starts with so I think it's fine that 100% should stay an option IMO.

Mob has the stamina to hold his shields active in a day long battle against people comparable to or superior to him. Not only that but he can tank attacks from more powerful espers even while weakened. The lasers are a problem but nothing too overwhelming for him to deal with.

I guess...? It's Tier 7 though, which seems quite incredibly difficult to deal with, so I'd like clarification on exactly how fast this is and when he'll reach one shot territory. If he's leaving High 8-C thirty seconds in, it probably needs to be restricted (and I imagine the power temporarily boosts over time, no?)

It's pretty situational. His counter can take days to hit full in non-combat scenarios (though extreme trauma can make this near instant) but when in a fight it depends on the situation and the nature of his opponent. He's shown to go 100% Friendship against a reasonable and relatively soft-hearted opponent in a few minutes, 100% Courage against a very powerful spirit in tens of seconds and Resignation (among others) against the most powerful opponent he's ever faced once he's realized that the latter was to far gone to be reasoned with after a prolonged battle.

In this fight, I see him reaching 100% Anger, Courage or Resignation during the fight but this would depend on how Crystal fights. But it should take at least several minutes in this case so Crystal still has a sizable window of opportunity to beat Mob.

Do as you wish though, I still think Mob can take this without 100% (albeit barely the more I think about it) but I kinda feel Crystal has a bit too many advantages. Eh, that's just me.

I mean, Mob seems like a surprisingly chill person, and Mutants have hinted that they really don't want to fight, and only do it because they have to, but unfortunately, SBA doesn't let them just... not fight and go hang out, even if they'd do it.

If you think Mob can manage without his Tier 7 key, I'll probably restrict it then, since Tier 7 is just overkill.

Actually, you can still convince someone not to fight and have it be a valid win, provided that the character in question is shown to have the charisma or persuasiveness to do so. But that brings the question of whether or not Mob can convince her or not.

Regardless, I'm still voting for Mob.

Planck69 said:
Actually, you can still convince someone not to fight and have it be a valid win, provided that the character in question is shown to have the charisma or persuasiveness to do so. But that brings the question of whether or not Mob can convince her or not.
Regardless, I'm still voting for Mob.
Even with amps to 100% restricted? Alright.

I mean, even with all that I mentoned above he can still just disarm her by telekinetically relieving her of her weapons, making explosions of psychic energy happen on her body from afar and just plain outlasting her in terms of stamina.

Stamina may be a hard bout - game mechanics makes it really hard to tell what their stamina is, but running through an entire wasteland of constant enemies without stop and dealing with constant temporal/timeline screwery tossing you around time like a ragdoll tends to mean a bit.

The game gives Mutuations to counter specific situations and creatures.

Gamma guts are in play, I will explain what it counters. It is meant to counter up close fighters such as rush fighters, but it is also used to punish and shutdown certain foes: The Telekinetic IDPD uses its power to drag the player closer then blast them with a slugger, but with Gamma Guts crystal can block then teleport into the foe instantly killing them.

By association, after the first time Mob tries to restrain her, she can teleport into him, instantly killing with the amount of radiation she releases. That's my thoughts.

Also for the passive shield, Gamma Guts goes through the solid metal shield the IDPD Troops have and goes through the force field The Captain (Nuclear Throne) has.

Moritzva said:
Stamina may be a hard bout - game mechanics makes it really hard to tell what their stamina is, but running through an entire wasteland of constant enemies without stop and dealing with constant temporal/timeline screwery tossing you around time like a ragdoll tends to mean a bit.
Base Mob has fought against opponent after opponent for over a day without any rest and had shown almost no exhaustion at all (he even had enough power to put a comparable esper back to moderate levels of strength after transferring a part of his energy to him with no issue). He was only tired after he fought Toichiro, who's far more powerful than himself.

He's gonna have the fight of his life but'll eventually going to pull through.

Back