• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Sonic 4 still even canon at this point? since Sega officially cancelled that game after episode 2 and Sonic Maina doesn't reference it at all even tho it's shown as the next game chronologically after S3&K in the lift scene.
Honestly, I don't even know. Though nobody cares about Sonic 4 so maybe Sega de-canonized it

Also, Sonic 4 could happen after the split in Generations, which explains why the other Classic Sonic never experienced the game

Honestly, I don't even know. Though nobody cares about Sonic 4 so maybe Sega de-canonized it

Also, Sonic 4 could happen after the split in Generations, which explains why the other Classic Sonic never experienced the game
I hope I'm not derailing but has Sega or any official Sonic sources confirmed that timeline split as canon?

Either way I'm leaning slightly towards (actually ages) Trunks judging by the absurd AP advantage he has.

I am not expert, and if they both clash their swords, Trunks sword can break Sonic ones due sheer AP
The entire point of Excalibur is that Caliburn was previous broken, and Excalibur is considered indestructible by comparison. Which is obviously an NLF if taken literally, but that should mean it's capable of withstanding the force of Trunks' attacks.

Also Sonic's Soul Surge energy is used up in place of his vitality when he should die, it's a skill in Black Knight that he has access to. Like an extra health bar that prevents his death.

Last edited:
Literally anyone who can use ki proficiently can use the kiai, it literally is just a shout and an expansion of ki that is invisible, just because trunks doesn't show the certain applications for it doesn't mean he can't, bruh oob can do it and he doesn't know shit about ki.
Even if he could, this is very out of character for him, as he literally never used this in any of his battles, not against the Androids, not against Frieza, against Cell and literally anyone else.

Why would he use it against Sonic when he never used it in canon?

Even if he could, this is very out of character for him, as he literally never used this in any of his battles, not against the Androids, not against Frieza, against Cell and literally anyone else.

Why would he use it against Sonic when he never used it in canon?
Not assuming he'd start with it, I'm using it as an example to show how much stronger trunks is that he can kill very easily. will he use it? I guess if he's pushed or can't land a proper attack he can, he can do it just by shouting or powering up.

Not assuming he'd start with it, I'm using it as an example to show how much stronger trunks is that he can kill very easily. will he use it? I guess if he's pushed or can't land a proper attack he can, he can do it just by shouting or powering up.
Even when pushed against the wall by the Androids, Cell or Black he didn't used it, so I doubt he would resort to it, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know that ability

sonic also has soul energy and can just resurrect him self if he dies
Does Sonic's resurrection drain his soul gauge?
In conjunction with Caliburn, it's moreso treated as a back-up health bar instead of how it's treated in Secret Rings. It's essentially Immortality Type 2, as Sonic is brought to 0 rings and can still take damage without dying. It just takes some energy away from the Soul Gauge instead, which is good for Sonic because it refills through a few things.

1. By killing enemies.

2. By chaining attacks in combos.

3. By running.

It's self-supplemental. Trunks would essentially need to be a VERY hard aggressor in the fight to drain the gauge faster than Sonic refills it. But that was Merlina's style, which Sonic hard-countered into oblivion.

In conjunction with Caliburn, it's moreso treated as a back-up health bar instead of how it's treated in Secret Rings. It's essentially Immortality Type 2, as Sonic is brought to 0 rings and can still take damage without dying. It just takes some energy away from the Soul Gauge instead, which is good for Sonic because it refills through a few things.

1. By killing enemies.

2. By chaining attacks in combos.

3. By running.

It's self-supplemental. Trunks would essentially need to be a VERY hard aggressor in the fight to drain the gauge faster than Sonic refills it. But that was Merlina's style, which Sonic hard-countered into oblivion.
Merlina was also slower, weaker, and had to charge every move. Here speed is equal, Trunks can oneshot him, and can use his massive aoe ki blasts to catch him if he tries to play evasive

Merlina was also slower, weaker, and had to charge every move. Here speed is equal
Which is where skill matters most, yes. And where Sonic has a VERY strong lead in
Trunks can oneshot him
Not with any Soul Gauge energy around, which Sonic is going to accumulate by doing nothing more than moving around and fighting
and can use his massive aoe ki blasts to catch him if he tries to play evasive
Which relies on Sonic falling for such a thing, but he's no stranger to those who can use AoE blasts (Lancelot in particular). That's not even mentioning Sonic's Danger Sense, referenced in that very game, that would make Sonic on-edge and far more ready for whatever Trunks might pull. And considering Sonic has a dozen and more ways to amplify his speed, chances are he wouldn't be caught anywhere near the epicenter and thus gives him time to act accordingly. Not to mention that he can guard himself in pulses of energy, his Soul Energy would mitigate lethal damage if necessary, and Sonic is undoubtedly the better swordsman AND fighter in this scenario.

He's seen everything Trunks has to offer and more, minus something like the kiai that wouldn't be in-character to begin with.
Wait how is Sonic shattering magic barriers with sword swings power null? Isn't that just AP
It's implied to be something else in-game iirc

Last edited:
...how does that stop trunks from one shotting? does soul gauge make him more durable?
In conjunction with Caliburn, it's moreso treated as a back-up health bar instead of how it's treated in Secret Rings. It's essentially Immortality Type 2, as Sonic is brought to 0 rings and can still take damage without dying.
FFS Spood I even responded to YOU here, dumbass 😂 Regular banter between us, carry on

It also takes a set amount from it every time, so Sonic literally CANNOT be one-shot. Figured I'd mention that before someone else does. I'll try and find a YouTube clip but no promises because my Wii is no longer with us and YT is unreliable when it comes to BK and SR

bruh, trunks one-shotting was essentially his only wincon, what can trunks do then?
Wear down Sonic's Soul Gauge faster than Sonic can recover it and incapacitation, to my knowledge. The former likely won't happen because Sonic gets it by movement and the former unlikely because it requires Sonic to let his guard down enough to get knocked around. Which isn't going to happen due to him focusing on evasion and parrying, as well as far superior skill, and with enough techniques to mitigate AoE attacks through guarding it by several means or by using Stats Amp for evasive measures (such as the Super Peel Out or Boost).

My vote goes to Sonic.

Mind your business when it comes to how me and my friends address each other and focus on the match instead, k?

DEFINITELY not enough of an AP difference to vaporize Sonic.
Yes it is? Future trunks vaporized frieza straight up actually he was stated to have atomized him, and that's not counting the ridiculous scaling chain which they scale above the value which for your information looks like this >>>>>>>244.5, just 3 ">" is enough to stomp. So trunks can easily vaporize with ki.

I just wanted to clear up a few things
Merlina was also slower, weaker, and had to charge every move. Here speed is equal, Trunks can oneshot him, and can use his massive aoe ki blasts to catch him if he tries to play evasive
Sonic only blitzed Merlina when he used Soul Surge, otherwise they were relative in speed.
Another thing, Sonic doesn’t just rush into all of his fights guns a blaze without thinking. Even in the Merlina fight, he didn’t just instantly go to attack her, he even says during the fight something akin to “Let me wait for a moment after she attacks when I can counter and go in for an easy attack”. So even if he doesn’t sense Trunks’s power he isn’t just going to run straight at Trunks. He’ll time all his attacks accordingly to Trunks. My vote still stands the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back