• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yamamoto Existance erasure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAizenSama

VS Battles
Retired
So I've known about this for a long while but in the manga Yamamoto claims that whatever his sword touches when his flames are condensed doesnt burn or erupt, it just eradicates it into nothingness.

Ill grab the scans in a second but what do tou guys think?

93d5ffbc864f3f1cd0ce9108edb53a6b
F5c79cdcca20cdf50b0b6a8ba1794b9d
226c8d25deaef8b97fedc3e6e066fc8f

P (28)
when it hit the ground

Sounds like a normal hyperbole, were people try to wank their own powers and Yamamoto does like bragging a lot. Thou again with all broken abilities in Bleach this could be legit...

I don't know, it could be legit or his fire just burn things to nothing as in no ashes remain but probably not erasing you from existence but like I said it could be legit.

Well, here's the page that comes from.

His blade is smoking, so it could just be metaphor for his blade being so hot that anything it touches is instantly vaporized as if it were thrown into the sun.

Ok pictures were added to the OP.

@Repp and others yes thats what I thought to, but then I realised it says it neither burns or erupts, which means there isnt a fire. and theres other scans which claims it just burns everything out of existence with what it touches.

Hmmm... I guess if it doesn't burn it might be exsitance erasure but I'm not 100%. I'm fine with whatever everyone else thinks it is.

@Aizen well to be fair pretty much anything touched by 15 million degrees would seem like it turns to nothingness, like is it possible for it to be simply atomic lvl of destruction because of the high temperature?

@Aizen

It's explicitly stated that the nature of a Zanpakuto doesn't change from the original in the same chapter. I highly doubt Ryujin Jakka would go from fire -> void in the face of that statement.

If you vaporize something instantly with a laser, it neither burns nor erupts.

True, but Lloyd royd ( with Yhwachs memories) also said that it burns out of existence.

Yamamoto also says without a trace, which leans more on existence erasure then breaking down the body to a point you cant see.

I dont know @william, probably not though

Reppuzan said:
@Aizen

It's explicitly stated that the nature of a Zanpakuto doesn't change from the original in the same chapter. I highly doubt Ryujin Jakka would go from fire -> void in the face of that statement.

If you vaporize something instantly with a laser, it neither burns nor erupts.
Its stated to BURN out of existence. the zanpakuto is still fire based (duh it has fire powers besides this one) but it gained a new ability naturally. Why would A fire zanpakuto resurrect corpses? Does fires do that? Lol.

@AMM

That's ignoring the fact that Yamamoto is intentionally making his flames invisible unless he wants to intimidate someone.

It still operates based on fire, it just burns so quickly that not even vapor is left since it was quickly eliminating all the moisture in Soul Society.

Reppuzan you arent getting it. It is fire that gains the power to erase from existence when condensed to such a extent. Its stated multiple times so I'm not sure what your issue is.

And no. That is Yamamotos sun armor which is invisible. Yama sealed all Zankai no tachis flames into the blade. Thats how this technique is created to begin with. So theres no fire obviously

If this was hyperbole Why would the enemy say the sword erases from existance? Its quite clearly proven to not be hyperbole or a one off statement at this point.

Actually im going to honestly ask this.

How credible are the online manga translations? Because recently i've learned that at times they can be completely wrong and possibly wanked. I'll provide an example.

Bleach scan 2
This scan shows Rukia saying that normal humans in bleach are able to touch Soul Reapers and Hollows, they just can't see or hear them. But this scan is completely wrong.

I have the original manga (the books) w/ me at home and in the books Rukia never says that. The original scan has Rukia saying people (without strong spiritual abilities) can't touch, see or hear them at all.

Bleach scan

Not saying I agree/disagree with the suggestions yet, im only clarifying we should watch out on how credible the online translations are for as i've proven, they can be at times totally different from scans in the actual books.

********** is inaccurate. So avoid scans from them. *********** is the most accurate version.

I actually wonder now how would a human body actually react on 15 million deegres.

Also @Aizen wasn't Yhwach saying he would of been burned to ash if he didn't have some protection on or whatever?

"That's ignoring the fact that Yamamoto is intentionally making his flames invisible unless he wants to intimidate someone."

Can he do that? Even if he can, that doesn't automatically mean that he can manipulate the resulting vapor.

"It still operates based on fire, it just burns so quickly that not even vapor is left since it was quickly eliminating all the moisture in Soul Society."

Just because something burns quickly, it doesn't neccesarily mean that vapor shouldnt be present. For example, if you got one of those oil sprays and spray it on a very hot pan, it'll burn extremely quickly (i'm talking like, milleseconds possibly less here); as a result, produces a cloud of vapor.

That was from Yamamotos sun armor. On the contrary yama stated that blut vene (protection) was useless against this technique

Ill link the chapter if you want to fully read it:

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-507?id=281381

@Lord

That doesn't change the fact that the blade itself was smoking and thus producing vapor with the cut.

I've read the chapter over and over.

Reppuzan said:
@Lord

That doesn't change the fact that the blade itself was smoking and thus producing vapor with the cut.
You are arguing artistic representation now. As ive proven from the scan in the OP there is no vapor when the sword touched the ground (and a huge chunk of the ground was gone mind you)

Rule of cool my dude. It's something similiar to esdeaths time freeze.

You still havent answered or debunked anything else ive pointed out either.

I will also message kuu and see what he thinks.

Reppuzan said:
@Lord
To say it produces vapor with the cut because the blade itself was smoking doesn't make much sense when there is a scan showing no vapor to be present when something was burned by it; it's due to the blade itself having properties which allows it to resist his powers. After all, it would be quite counter productive to build a weapon susceptible to your own ability.

The definition for Existence Erasure states that

• Said feat needs to be beyond vaporization/atomization, and needs to make said object completely vanish
  • Must completely erase said target, including forms of energy
And that's just a limited version of Existence Erasure.

Now let's look at the OP here...

• In the second scan, it states that anything that this blade cuts is "burnt out of existence", but the one who says this is Yhwach.
  • In the third scan here, Yamamoto states that this technique "neither burns nor erupts" but rather anything that said blade touches basically turns into nothing (eradicated into nothingness).
So basically, going by the definition that we have for existence erasure, Yamamoto's blade is explicitly stated to basically turn anything it makes contact with into nothing. Said blade is also stated to neither burn, or combust said object, but just plainly stated to make said object vanish.

• If said fire melted/vaporized the object due to immense heat, we would see vapor in the aftermath, as all heat-related attacks would do this. However, we do not see any signs of said object being melted, or being vaporized in those scans.
@Rep:

• While Existence Erasure is often listed as a subpower of void manipulation, there would be exceptions, such as in this case where said attack explicitly states that it removes any traces of said object it touches.
  • How do you know that said attack burns the object so quickly? Yamamoto actually states that said attack does not burn the object.
  • Also, in your laser example, if you vaporize something instantly with a laser, said vaporization would need to be heat-based (as vaporization of an object requires an object to reach a certain temperature to occur), thus the signs that said laser increased the temperature of said object to its vaporization point would still be visible.

Plausible imo his blade touched the ground there was no fire or smoke from vaporization there was just a fissure as if the land disappeared

Zensum said:
Plausible imo his blade touched the ground there was no fire or smoke from vaporization there was just a fissure as if the land disappeared
He also summon's zombies with Zanka No Tachi south, the bankai isn't just fire manipulation.

There is also Kensei who has a wind manipulation Zanpaktou and it becoming an explosion manipulation bankai, Urahara with a kido Zanpaktou an it being a restructuring bankai and also Soi fon whose bankai becomes a freaking nuke.

Anyway, I agree with existence erasure.

I found more evidence. Zanki no tachi north also has existance erasure and is shown perfectly here. Its basically a ranged attack of zanki no tachi east.

The second scans says heaven and earth to ashes and nothingness (it is hard to read)

Sssp
P (29)
P6666yy

He also summon's zombies with Zanka No Tachi south, the bankai isn't just fire manipulation.

True, It Says nothingness several times for his sword attack and the statement directing the temperature seems to referring to the reiatsu cloak he wears that displays why no one could go near him.

I'm agreeing with Aizen and Linas points on this one. Theirs more evidence towards it being existential erasure than it being something else. Evidence has also shown just because ones bankai is similar to a characters shikai does not mean they can't develop new abilities with their bankais.

In the 3rd scan that Aizen has posted, said attack seems to basically erase a section of Yhwach, instead of burning/vaporizing it.

If said attack in question was done via immense heat, there would be signs of heat coming out of where Yhwach was slashed (and a section of his body being removed).

Lina Shields said:
In the 3rd scan that Aizen has posted, said attack seems to basically erase a section of Yhwach, instead of burning/vaporizing it.
If said attack in question was done via immense heat, there would be signs of heat coming out of where Yhwach was slashed (and a section of his body being removed).
Zanka No Tachi's West does burn the body (15 million degrees). However East and North does not. It should also negate durability since it completely bypassed Blut Vene

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-507?id=281381#14

Zanka No Tachi durability negation

I was referring to the North, as Yamamoto had stated the word "North" in the lower left corner of the first scan (which you have stated does not burn the body).

Lina Shields said:
I was referring to the North, as Yamamoto had stated the word "North" in the lower left corner of the first scan (which you have stated does not burn the body).
Yes. I am saying that the North and East ignore durability as they completely bypassed Blut Vene

Yhwach should also get Existence Erasure and Durability Negation once this thread is done

I am copy pasting some stuff from Lina's thread on my wall

Joseph619 said:
Yhwach's durability was superior to Yamamoto's AP, but The North with its existence erasure can negate durability, and Yamamoto said in such a way that Yhwach's defenses won't matter
Yhwach had visibly no damage when he was struck by Yamamoto (before without using North or East)

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-506?id=281379#11

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-506?id=281379#12

However the part of his body touched by North was completely erased (not burned)

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-509?id=281385#14

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-509?id=281385#15

And Blut Vene is apparently resistant to normal heat, even 15 million degrees

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-507?id=281381#18

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-508?id=281383#7

This is also a Durability negation for Yama aswell for those who were unaware

Anyway this threads decided. If anyone wants to add existence erasure with Zanka no tachi East and North it should be fine. Oh. And note that it ignores durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back