• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xianxia/Xuanhuan General Discussion: Junior, you dare?!

People need to keep up with newer stuff. All I'm seeing is discussions of things that ended 5+ years ago.

But it's not like I'm any better. For the past 2 years I've tried out sevral new novels but haven't actually stuck with one. I always end uo dropping them. I think the last novel I read from beginning to end is Lord Xue Ying.

But it's not like I'm any better. For the past 2 years I've tried out sevral new novels but haven't actually stuck with one. I always end uo dropping them. I think the last novel I read from beginning to end is Lord Xue Ying.
That, and a lot get way worse, are dropped, drag on or other assortments of problems too.

The words "starting", "another" and "xianxia" scare me nearly as much as spiders, not only they are One Piece sized but it is impossible to know if the recent ones will be fully translated and have a good plot.

But okay, just say any random novel that isn't in the wiki and i will read the first 15 or so chapters to see if i like it.

Last edited:
Rework and add more stuff to Zhong Yue, likely add step 2,3,4 for Wang Ling and Su Ming. Possible a few other Ergen char to add. In rest fixing some profiles.
Zhong Yue is from Rise of Humanity, right? Never read it, but I think that was the name of the MC. From what I remember, you mentioned something about updating Er Gen half a year ago or so. At this rate, we might need to add steps 5 and 6 for them as well ;) Though, in all seriousness, we might really have to do it. :unsure:

People need to keep up with newer stuff. All I'm seeing is discussions of things that ended 5+ years ago.

By "ended 5 years ago", do you mean raws or translations? If you have problems finding what you may like, I might be able to help. What are your preferences?
That, and a lot get way worse, are dropped, drag on or other assortments of problems too.
To be perfectly honest, the vast majority of CNs get worse with time. However, it is true that a lot of great stuff gets dropped whether in raws or translations. Legend of Great Sage, Kingdom's Bloodline, Reverend Insanity are just a few of such examples.
The words "starting", "another" and "xianxia" scare me nearly as much as spiders, not only they are One Piece sized but it is impossible to know if the recent ones will be fully translated and have a good plot.
While it is true that most of them are long, but that is not 100% the case. For example, Pivot the Sky has 360 chapters while Zhu Xian only 260 chapters while being quite decent (on NU standards - rating 4+). Though, I do agree that you may never know whether a novel will be good or bad, but that applies to all fiction. At best, you can ask those who have read it.

I mean, quality is a 50/50 across all of fiction yes, but a 50/50 in a 2 hour movie isn't as bad as reading 400 chapters and having to drop because it was getting worse each chapter.
...Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell.
Are you sure? I will really read any novel, do you want to waste your choice with that?

Nah, it was a joke. Omniscient Reader is a neat novel, but not Xianxia.

It also has a webtoon, though it makes everyone beautiful, which obviously isn't accurate.

Zhong Yue is from Rise of Humanity, right? Never read it, but I think that was the name of the MC. From what I remember, you mentioned something about updating Er Gen half a year ago or so. At this rate, we might need to add steps 5 and 6 for them as well ;) Though, in all seriousness, we might really have to do it. :unsure:

By "ended 5 years ago", do you mean raws or translations? If you have problems finding what you may like, I might be able to help. What are your preferences?

To be perfectly honest, the vast majority of CNs get worse with time. However, it is true that a lot of great stuff gets dropped whether in raws or translations. Legend of Great Sage, Kingdom's Bloodline, Reverend Insanity are just a few of such examples.

While it is true that most of them are long, but that is not 100% the case. For example, Pivot the Sky has 360 chapters while Zhu Xian only 260 chapters while being quite decent (on NU standards - rating 4+). Though, I do agree that you may never know whether a novel will be good or bad, but that applies to all fiction. At best, you can ask those who have read it.
I think Legend of Great Sage got picked up by another translation team.

Also thanks for the offer for the suggestions. But I think I've pretty much tried out every xianxia/xuanhuan out there with cultivation, martial arts and power progression available in English. Even stuff as bad as Eternal God Emperor and stuff that can only be read on Webnovels. I had a lot of free time (and stress) last year so I was basically trying out everything.

For a lot of new stuff, I'd get hooked but 50 maybe 100 chapters later and I'm already burned out. It's worse when the MC isn't interesting or likeable. And after reading dozens of CNs one is already used to the tropes so unless the author does something interesting, stuff that would excite me years ago when I read Coling Dragon (my first CN) falls flat when reading a novel now. It isn't necessarily bad or boring, just that you've already seen that like 100s of times in other novels.

I do have some novels that I was forced to drop despite liking them like: Martial God (such a common generic name even searching it brings up other novels like Martial God Space instead), Eternal Heart and Eternal Reverence (its still ongoing but translations are superslow like 1 chapter every 2 days, only in the 600s yet I read raws up to chapter 1500). There's also Grasping Evil which I don't think is being translated anymore.

I think Legend of Great Sage got picked up by another translation team.

Also thanks for the offer for the suggestions. But I think I've pretty much tried out every xianxia/xuanhuan out there with cultivation, martial arts and power progression available in English. Even stuff as bad as Eternal God Emperor and stuff that can only be read on Webnovels. I had a lot of free time (and stress) last year so I was basically trying out everything.

For a lot of new stuff, I'd get hooked but 50 maybe 100 chapters later and I'm already burned out. It's worse when the MC isn't interesting or likeable. And after reading dozens of CNs one is already used to the tropes so unless the author does something interesting, stuff that would excite me years ago when I read Coling Dragon (my first CN) falls flat when reading a novel now. It isn't necessarily bad or boring, just that you've already seen that like 100s of times in other novels.

I do have some novels that I was forced to drop despite liking them like: Martial God (such a common generic name even searching it brings up other novels like Martial God Space instead), Eternal Heart and Eternal Reverence (its still ongoing but translations are superslow like 1 chapter every 2 days, only in the 600s yet I read raws up to chapter 1500). There's also Grasping Evil which I don't think is being translated anymore.
Legend of Great Saint is dead in terms of raws.
Though, I do understand how you feel. After reading 500+ novels (JP, CN and KR). The more you read the more you see that they basically contain the same characters, plots, power systems, power orientation etc. Most don't even have any "core" plot. Meanwhile, novels which do have potential are dying. For example, Grasping Evil that you have mentioned actually had an interesting mystery (even though it is ripping off Er Gen in many places), but having 1 chapter in about 1-2 months just don't work well.
We really need more novels liker Er Gen's (especially RI and PotT), Mao Ni, Grasping Evil, Cultivation Chat Group, World's Apocalypse Online or LotM, aka novels which have real plot, characters who actually have personalities and work for their goals, breaks cliches or embraces them, while actually expanding and making them good.

aka novels which have real plot, characters who actually have personalities and work for their goals, breaks cliches or embraces them, while actually expanding and making them good.
aka good quality novels, but yeah i understand how you guys feel even tho i only read 3 or 4 CN novels.

Zhong Yue is from Rise of Humanity, right? Never read it, but I think that was the name of the MC. From what I remember, you mentioned something about updating Er Gen half a year ago or so. At this rate, we might need to add steps 5 and 6 for them as well ;) Though, in all seriousness, we might really have to do it.
ZY is from RoH. We did update the Ergenverse a few times since them be it in abilities or AP. At the same time, it's not that easy to update a verse that has 6700+ chapters while working on other Chinese verses with 1000+ chapters and irl. At the same time, steps 5 and 6 are hard cause the translation for AWWP was dropped.
aka good quality novels, but yeah i understand how you guys feel even tho i only read 3 or 4 CN novels.
This can go both ways - bad or good. As what is good and what is bad is from each person's perspective. Btw, how is going with your Ji Ning's profile?

Yeah. Although the main problem is really Real Life concerning me. Unless it's a "junk food" type novel, entertaining but ultimately somewhat weak in writing that I can binge very quickly, actual proper quality novels that steadily build characters and world, with real plot, etc, those I somewhat struggle with currently 😩 . It needs me to be focused, but I can't be focused because of work and studying, which leads me to delay, etc etc. Sigh.

I think the key for those type of novels is really to decisevely choose a certain day where you're relatively free, and try to binge the maximum possible so that you're already "initiated" and will have a harder time dropping/putting on hold.

But then we gotta find that day in the busy schedule... sigh.

ZY is from RoH. We did update the Ergenverse a few times since them be it in abilities or AP. At the same time, it's not that easy to update a verse that has 6700+ chapters while working on other Chinese verses with 1000+ chapters and irl. At the same time, steps 5 and 6 are hard cause the translation for AWWP was dropped.
How is RoH anyway? I have it in my plan to read list, but never forced myself to actually read it.
Well, the verse is indeed huge. Though, I see no way out from making 5th and 6th steps. You will have at least go with something like: Unknown, All abilities to a much higher version. Likely comparable to Bai :unsure:

Well it's pretty neat, the characters don't become episodic after a few chapters...well some do but a large part will continue to appear in chapters. The main character develops through the story be it in skills, cultivation, plans, and actions which as time progress become less flawed thanks to his experience. The cultivation system is really interesting as it uses spirits that are cultivated. The beginning of the story is not as good as the further chapters (even if I like them) but as it progresses, it becomes better and better. Sad thing is that the novel was dropped almost a year ago with no sign of coming back.

This can go both ways - bad or good. As what is good and what is bad is from each person's perspective. Btw, how is going with your Ji Ning's profile?
I mean, i understand that someone can dislike a complex story and think a more generic story is much better, but i don't think it would change that the former has higher quality.

I didn't update the sandbox and as i said before i stopped reading DE for a bit, but here and there i still think about some calcs, powers, etc. Anyway, DE is way easier to tier than Ergen, since we will not have to deal with H1B-1A things which is actually pretty sad since i wanted a tier 1 verse of my own.

I mean, i understand that someone can dislike a complex story and think a more generic story is much better, but i don't think it would change that the former has higher quality.

I didn't update the sandbox and as i said before i stopped reading DE for a bit, but here and there i still think about some calcs, powers, etc. Anyway, DE is way easier to tier than Ergen, since we will not have to deal with H1B-1A things which is actually pretty sad since i wanted a tier 1 verse of my own.
With the power of friendship, you and I can absolutely wank Ning to H1A and the autarchs to 1B. Have faith, son. But fr, you might wanna check out some pirated version of DE's last few books.

Some novels I'm really enjoying recently are Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint, Overgeared and Second Coming of Gluttony. None are xianxia though. Overgeared starts slow, but the character development and writing gets insane after chapter 100 or so

With the power of friendship, you and I can absolutely wank Ning to H1A and the autarchs to 1B.
LMAO i don't think even the highest amount of wank can upgrade Ning to H1A, 1A is possible tho...

I think i should give a chance to Gluttony, it seems to be one of the best of the more recent novels

You can stil get tier 1 as I think DE is around Low 1C from what I remember about its cosmology.

A question/suggestion, would it be possible to make something like a list of users (for example in the first post), which could be used to tag users when someone posts CRT or is that against the rules? Because I don't visit these forums often, but I would like not to miss a CRT.

Hi I'm new here ( in an active way )
I wanted to ask is there anyone among you who has read martial world ant tmw anf if they are planning to make a profile for it if there isn't someone whi has already start making profile i can do it ( it's rather easy verse to scale and has straight forward feats to measure Specially in mid and high tiers)

I've read around 400ch from each but this was around 4 years ago...never started them again and don't think I will. From what I know no one had a plan to make a profile for them.

Hi I'm new here ( in an active way )
I wanted to ask is there anyone among you who has read martial world ant tmw anf if they are planning to make a profile for it if there isn't someone whi has already start making profile i can do it ( it's rather easy verse to scale and has straight forward feats to measure Specially in mid and high tiers)
didn't really manage to get into it,you could do it though

didn't really manage to get into it,you could do it though
I understand what you are saying the first quarter of MW is somewhat boring and Cliché. If it wasn't for the fact that i didn't see spoilers fo the second half of the series i wouldn't have dropped it

Anyone following sage monarch? its nearly gettign fully translated was curious about what whats the highest tier it could get here

Probably Tier 1 atleast. Given there were atleast 8 or so Higher Spatial Dimensions. But I doubt anyone is crazy enough to read through it all and do a crt.

Heard the characters lose powers and abilities when he reaches a higher realm. Like in the lower realm of cultivation he has type 8 and fate manipulation and in the higher one, he loses them.

Heard the characters lose powers and abilities when he reaches a higher realm. Like in the lower realm of cultivation he has type 8 and fate manipulation and in the higher one, he loses them.
that sounds bad and just a way to nerf MC because he got too strong lol

i mean not like sometimes its not able to make sense in certain settings,you get in a different place and you get limited but most of time is handled very poorly

Ji Ning is 2b tier, Possibly L1c Via surpass quintessence

Each planet in desolate era have different layer of space

“The other worlds of the Three Realms all exist on the uppermost layer of a ‘layer cake’,” Subhuti said with a laugh. “My Crescent world, however, is in one of the other layers. Ordinary movement techniques and Greater Teleportation techniques only allow you to move across the uppermost surface of the layer cake…thus, no matter what you do, you are unable to enter my Crescent world.”
Ning was speechless. “So space can actually be divided into a series of layers…”
Book 19 1

Three realm is only minor chaosworld

-Territory contains Lots of chaosworld.
Example badlands territory contains 80.000 chaosworld, each chaosworld got separated by Infinite void, and each Chaosworld world have different Dao

badlands territory =80.000 chaosworld/everworld

Badlands Territory is an extremely large territory that holds more than eighty thousand chaosworlds, and multiple organizations hold World Gods and Chaos Immortals within their ranks. The most powerful organization is known as the Badlands Court, which rules over the Badlands Everworld. The Badlands Court was established by Daolord Badlands, someone who stands above World-level experts and has far more power than you can even imagine.”
The infinite, vast Void held many enormous stars within it. The most dazzling of all stars were the Solar Star and the Lunar Star. In terms of size, even Nuwa’s world or Suiren’s Kindlefire world were much smaller than the Solar Star and the Lunar Star. The light that emanated from these two supreme celestial bodies shone down upon the entire Three Realms

Ning stared at the massive ellipsoid world, then let out a sigh. “This is the ninth chaosworld I’ve seen thus far. According to my star maps, I’ll need to travel past another twenty-six chaosworlds before I’ll reach Earthdrake.”
Take a note: infinite void in here not really "Infinite", because the real Infinite void is void which one separated chaosverse

Swoosh. A Voidboat was travelling at high speed through the Void, passing through one star after another. Soon, it reached the end of the Void. Although the Void was often described as ‘infinite’, there was an end to it…and at the end of the Void was the primordial chaos itself! The Voidboat plunged into the primordial chaos, continuing to fly forward.
And otherverse Contain Lots of territory

I think its qualified if otherverse Is 2B

-Prime essences of otherverse:
Each otherverse have different prime essence

The vast region which is covered by the power of the prime essences is known as a ‘universe’,” the almighty Hegemon said. “An ‘alternate universe’ naturally refers to a place which has completely different prime essences.”

Do not worry. The outermost layers of the prime essences of this alternate universe, such as the prime essence of water, the prime essence of time, the prime essence of the sword, etc., are all the same as ours. Only the inner layers differ,” the almighty Hegemon said. “Thus, your power shall not be impacted whatsoever
Book 27 25

i think prime essence otherverse is Cm2 and Dao is CM2

The description about Dao in desolate era

This sword-stance allowed him to forcibly destroy the Dao of Space in a localized region. Being able to enter a different dimension? That was nothing more than a side effect. In the end, the power of this stance was what truly mattered!

In fact, Ning’s stance even had the effect of destroying the Dao itself! It was capable of destroying the Dao of Space, allowing him to enter a separate spatial dimension.

Sometimes, if you slow down and catch your breath, then explode with full power, you might be more successful. The Dao can be found in life itself. It can be found in all things.” Ning smiled.

In comprehending the Dao, one had to fully understand life in all its myriad forms, to understand the essence of all things. If you did so, then when the moment came you would be able to see through to the true nature of things.

This sword-stance Ning had created destroyed all other Daos that barred its path. It seemed slow, but in reality it was now faster than ever before.

Book 28 chapter 4

What does ‘Shadowless’ even mean? It isn’t about borrowing from the power of all things around it; it means to truly become one with all things.

“There’s no way a sword can truly ‘vanish’, but when it becomes one with all things around it will become completely indetectable to any enemies.

“When the weather is windy, it can transform into a gust of wind.

“When it is bright, it can transform into a streak of light.

“When it is in space, it can transform into a spatial ripple.

“Every single part of a universe, no matter where, is subject to the influence and power of the prime essences of that universe. If my sword can completely merge into those things, it’ll naturally become truly shadowless and invisible.” Ning finally realized what his true goal for his ‘Shadowless’ stance should be.

Book 28 26

Ning capable to destroy the "Dao" but even though there is a DAO that is destroyed but it does not cause any effect to the prime essence of otherverse

The vast region which is covered by the power of the prime essences is known as a ‘universe’,” the almighty Hegemon said. “An ‘alternate universe’ naturally refers to a place which has completely different prime essences.”

Do not worry. The outermost layers of the prime essences of this alternate universe, such as the prime essence of water, the prime essence of time, the prime essence of the sword, etc., are all the same as ours. Only the inner layers differ,” the almighty Hegemon said. “Thus, your power shall not be impacted whatsoever. Book 27 Chapt 25

Here some proof if Dao can Become cm3

Right. Long, long ago, one of the first creatures of the primordial chaos created the very first ‘sword’. Ever since then, countless living beings have used his ‘sword’. Their techniques constantly improved until it all reached the level of a Dao unto itself that only became more and more powerful. Only then did the Dao of the Sword, a Dao feared by countless cultivators, come into existence.”

And Dao is only variation on the true Essense. Example: Dao sword is only
Variation on the true Essense of sword

Thus, each person’s Dao truly was different.

It wasn’t easy for a master to find a good disciple! When Ning had created his [Brightmoon] sword-art, he had already drawn the rough sketches of his own personal understanding of the Dao. When Ning had been in the Three Realms, he had proudly and foolishly believed that he could infuse the entirety of the Dao of the Sword into his five stances. What he didn’t realize was that all five stances were just variations on the true essence of the sword
And Dao is omnipresent

In the past, when Ning used this stance, he would use various omnipresent Daos to greatly enhance the speed of his strikes. For example, if he was in a windy area he would borrow the power of the wind itself, while if he was in a sunny area he would borrow the power of light. He could even borrow the power of the spatial ripples which filled almost every place.

I agree Ning may be 2B, not sure about L1C, but that isn't related to the amount of Chaosworlds or the layers they have, many Elder Gods had power level enough (Ning included) to destroy the landmass/main layer but i don't remember any mention of destroying all the other layers, i also don't remember Subhuti saying what's the size of the Crescent world's layer, and that's the most important part to get a tier using them, Fate also has a similar cosmology and not all planet destruction feats ended as tier 2. CM=Concept hax, right? Not sure about if it will be 2 or 3, but yeah i guess that's enough to get concept hax.

I agree Ning may be 2B, not sure about L1C, but that isn't related to the amount of Chaosworlds or the layers they have, many Elder Gods had power level enough (Ning included) to destroy the landmass/main layer but i don't remember any mention of destroying all the other layers, i also don't remember Subhuti saying what's the size of the Crescent world's layer, and that's the most important part to get a tier using them, Fate also has a similar cosmology and not all planet destruction feats ended as tier 2. CM=Concept hax, right? Not sure about if it will be 2 or 3, but yeah i guess that's enough to get concept hax.
You can check Yggdrasil from God of war

I think prime essence of chaosverse similiar with yggdrasil

I think with this feats, can be H1C

Originally the zero-dimensional channel which was akin to a passageway stealing Source Form had now become a ray of light connected to Lu Zhiyu. When Lu Zhiyu looked up, he could see that the Crystal Wall System universe he had created was now integrated into him.

He sensed that, with an idea from his head, he could transform the world into whatever he wanted to, whether it was a two-dimensional, three-dimensional or eleven-dimensional world. It was akin to his dream in which he could transform and create the world with just his thoughts and intentions.

He was just like a painter who was splashing ink freely on a paper. There was no limit to energy or material. There was no limit to his thoughts and fantasies. His dreams and imagination could create anything.

“So there’s nothing like the material energy. Everything is simply the dream of the Creator. Everything is the coagulation of the Creator’s thoughts and the light of wisdom; material, energy, space, soul, and source are all the same.”

Well, there is mention of Infinite Dimensional structure being thoughts and dreams of Creators so that's not much.

Back