• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xianxia/Xuanhuan Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, unique name dosen't correlate with the quality of the novel, so that's probably not what one should focus on. And yea, Rise of Humanity is good. I don't know if it finished translating though.

You can start reading Ri after finishing ED and RoH if you wish, no hurry kek.

He already is reading RoH, junior Nepuko. I ninja'ed you. Smug young master face.

I'm guessing you don't like protagonists like Meng Hao? I guess you probably won't enjoy Bai Xioachun (even if he's well written, which is a shame for you) but Ri and PotT's protagonists are vastly different, and are prob one of the best written MCs, so you either never checked them out, or you're talking about another author.
Either way, you're missing out on a lot. He's recognized the best Xianxia author after all

Yeah i know,i do like his works my problem with renegade MC is that he is more antihero type, i'm not that much fond of, i'm not saying its bad i did enjoy until where i read renegade immortal that i need to continue, its just that when i'm unable to really like MC even if he is well done it kinda makes harder for me to get motivated to find it

( started his works with ISSTH, waht could i do i started it when it first stated being translated, as for Pursuit the truth i have yet o give a try, idk how many chaps are translated

Yeah i know,i do like his works my problem with renegade MC is that he is more antihero type, i'm not that much fond of, i'm not saying its bad i did enjoy until where i read renegade immortal that i need to continue, its just that when i'm unable to really like MC even if he is well done it kinda makes harder for me to get motivated to find it

( started his works with ISSTH, waht could i do i started it when it first stated being translated, as for Pursuit the truth i have yet o give a try, idk how many chaps are translated

I am confused, you say you avoid Er Gen's works but did you read them after all?

Also, calling him "anti-hero".....feels wrong. He isn't any type of hero. Besides, the guy has more principles than most Xianxia MCs would have. In a non-Xianxia setting sure, but in a Xianxia setting? Definitely not.

Especially in a setting where MCs go exterminate entire clans because one foolish elder offended them >_>.

Pursuit of the Truth is completely translated at 1481 chapters. Don't read it until you finish Ri though, very important. Basically the reading order is : Ri -> PotT -> ISSTH -> AWE -> AWWP

I recommend SM then. MC sort of feels like the main antagonist.

Also I've been wondering, does it usually get assumed that at the start of the fight the cultivator has their domain on?

Nepuko said:

I am confused, you say you avoid Er Gen's works but did you read them after all?
Pursuit of the Truth is completely translated at 1481 chapters. Don't read it until you finish Ri though, very important. Basically the reading order is : Ri -> PotT -> ISSTH -> AWE -> AWWP

I still give a try sometimes to works even if i might dislike something i usually avoid even starting, you never know you might have a pleasant surprise but it needs to at least attract enough of my attention for me to give a try

@munch No. It isn't assume that. Also, Yang Qi's defensive barrier is formed whenever he uses Energy right?

Sometimes he turns it on while other times it's just on. This is the case for other characters too.

Aegis needs to be turn on but during fights there is a barrier of True Energy surrounding several metres that disintegrate attacks.

Aegis has a couple of transformations and serves as armor. Their defensive-true/empyrean energy is what I hope you mean, which like I said is mentioned that the character turned on or sometimes there is no mention.

Muchacho mrm said:

Also I've been wondering, does it usually get assumed that at the start of the fight the cultivator has their domain on?
So, domains are a common thing in xianxia? I thought it was a random power, since Ji Ning nearly doesn't use his 6-10 domains.

XDragnoir said:
Muchacho mrm said:

So, domains are a common thing in xianxia? I thought it was a random power, since Ji Ning nearly doesn't use his 6-10 domains.
It is most of works of xianxia/xuanhuan i read at some point had domains

They do the same things in all works? For example, Ning could use his domain to stop weaker opponents from moving, teleportation, stats amp, and Ope Ope no Mi attacks.

Domain is pretty common in Chinese works. They may be named different but functionally they are same. Similar to Reality Marbles in Fate. LDG too has Domain despite not being Xianxia where the characters can manipulate all the laws inside the Domain and even subatomic particles.

@XDragonoir Depends on what you mean by Domain, but the word itself is not uncommon in xianxia and xuanhuan. Though the use varies.

@EdenSux alright. Are you in the Wuxiaworld Discord?

Nepuko said:
@XDragonoir Depends on what you mean by Domain, but the word itself is not uncommon in xianxia and xuanhuan. Though the use varies.

@EdenSux alright. Are you in the Wuxiaworld Discord?
I can get there again, my discord account got deleted for no reason and discord never answered any of my tickets, so i'm still getting back to servers i had, why do you ask?

Nepuko said:
Yeah, do you know if Er Gen uses it in his novels? And what the domains can do in them?

Can do anything in Ergenverse. It's formed after a cultivator comprehends the Heavens. It forms a domain in various areas that creates another world (inside world) that is cut from the outside world, separating them. After forming it, all attacks of a cultivator will contain characteristics of his domain. Once a Domain reaches the peak of Soul Formation realm it will be able to take physical form. Once it reaches Soul Transformation realm it can be materialized causing its power to increase qualitatively because it will contain celestial spiritual energy. To reach the Ascendant realm, the Celestial Spiritual Energy with the Soul Origin and the Domain will need to fuse and become one to be able to Seek the Dao and form your own one.

A Domain is uses by the Dao one comprehands. For example: Wang Lin's was Life and Death plus Reincarnation then it evolved in Karma.

Yeah, DE doesn't explore it that much, such a waste.

Btw, if any of you is reading AWWP, how strong is Wang Baole? Is he the weakest Ergen MC?

@Eden It's because it makes conversations easier, and I could help easier there as well :).

@XDragonoir yes, Er Gen uses it. It's one of the main things in the verse, and I dare say one of the main reasons that propelled him into fame in the community back when he started, was how cultivators (and more specifically Wang Lin) got their domains. I won't spoil that, and neither should anyone else, but look forward to it :). As for Wang Baole, we can't judge yet because the story is still being written, and he's not even out of the 1st step yet. But for someone in the 1st step, he seems to be pretty good, at later stages.

Nepuko said:
@Eden It's because it makes conversations easier, and I could help easier there as well :).
Sure i can get there again whats your name there? Also is someone else from here there as well?

Man, i will never understand why Ji Ning stopped using the clothes his mother made and started using Black/White robes.

Muchacho mrm said:
The latter sounded familiar, checking again, it was in my to read list but the translations stopped and now it seems they got rebooted.
Also here's Ji Ning if you haven't made a png for him https://i.imgur.com/RMg7ioL.png
Yah,translator said he started from 0 after he asked to readers, from what i t seems its going to be 2 chapters daily and he will keep transalting until get up to date with the novel its a pretty good one , MC has a partner that really has its own moments and both are important for each other so that they dont go into a rampage later on

I think I read a bit of Devil's son-in-law. I'm kinda stockpiling it, but I don't think I'll catch up any time soon. Especially since the TL quality looks like MTL now...

So, I am a bit over 50 chapters into ISSTH (I was recommended it and one other book that I didn't care much for.) It is slowing down a bit but I do like it a bit. Plot moves quickly enough but I can still get the characters and story enough.

Nepuko said:
I think I read a bit of Devil's son-in-law. I'm kinda stockpiling it, but I don't think I'll catch up any time soon. Especially since the TL quality looks like MTL now...
I dunno if the earlier translation was the same group but i'm up to chap 200 and its really easy to follow,but tbh i'm already used to adapt to MTL-edited novels

I like it , i also welcome the few moments of slice of life its not anythign that takes a lot of chapters ,but its nice to see the mc not having just cultivation/fightning/training

@EdenSux

Partner as in lover? Usually in these stories they separate for some reason or another, total bs to allow MC to power up and world exploration. Anyways I don't usually trust reveiews on NU but I'll have to try this I guess.

Also just joined Wuxia server, not sure why I didn't do this when I can directly ask the translator some stuff after Sage Monarch finishes, but that's like a year from now lol.

Muchacho mrm said:
@EdenSux
Partner as in lover? Usually in these stories they separate for some reason or another, total bs to allow MC to power up and world exploration. Anyways I don't usually trust reveiews on NU but I'll have to try this I guess.
No,at least i don't know if it ever turn into a lover ,it would be a spoiler to tell the gender but... its a harem novel so i guess its not hard to figure it out. until where i read there was no separations but they dont stay together all the time when MC joins the sect together since his partner go to a Buddhist group and he goes to a writing -like group(iirc i actually MTL that part)

Spoiler
It was also something pretty cool that MC joined the sect but he had to join one that actually was about writing, they write something for example like a book or something and spread the more people learn about the more sucess the more they can bring from the wrold they wrote irl (well it was +- something among this i dont really remember very well)

it was a nice touch in the world building since i always feel its weird a lot of novels have "there is countless paths in the dao,etc,etc" but in the story hey always show the same thing all the time, the "countless paths" never stand, so at least on this one a person could try something through painting,writing or other things and still get something

>Harem

As long as it isn't something like ATG.

So they separated, seems he'll be trying to get under the skirts of other girls lol. Also I can't read the last two paragraphs properly, as they seem to be spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back