• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xianxia/Xuanhuan Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "infinite universe of space-time" is probably talking about of the world outside the Three Realms, and of the trillions of minor worlds, a few of them are in separated space-time continuums, which is the reason of the 2B tiering.

Of course, he secretly drew on true energy strengthened by his hell vortexes. Having just stepped into the seventh phase, if he propelled even a tiny pebble with the power of his hell vortexes, it could crush a mountain. Therefore, it was almost unnecessary to mention what a host of bolts and arrows could do when backed by the strength of five ancient megamammoths.

XDragnoir said:
The "infinite universe of space-time" is probably talking about of the world outside the Three Realms, and of the trillions of minor worlds, a few of them are in separated space-time continuums, which is the reason of the 2B tiering.
It explicit say the "infinite universe of space-time" is where the three realms are and not the outside

". In the infinite universe of space-time, there are three realms; the Heaven, the Netherworld, and the Mortal Realms.""

Who knows, as far as I know it's not within our priorities of profiles to make. Yet, at least.

And yes, it's a turtle. A planet-sized turtle.

The turtle aka Patriarch Reliance is around 3 times bigger than the Sun. This being a low ball.

Cause he's big boy. He's Meng Hao's turtle. He powerful Dao Cultivator - third step.

I've redone the calculation. He's around 2.9 times the size of Sun with the lowest assumption.

Immortalgodd said:
I thought he was 24 times larger than sun?
Maybe he is, but we're using the lowest assumptions. Quite a bit of stuff was left out of the calc, so the size we have of South Heaven is definitely vastly lower than it is in actuality, but we don't have much of a choice currently.

That is so wrong that even joking about it feels like blasphemy lol. Especially for Er Gen works, which are completely butchered by MTL. Profound stuff comes out as gibberish kek.

True, it is the type of verse that would get me glued enough to not read anything else whilst reading it. I butchered AWT though, but I think my review on it on NU like year before the end of translation seems fair, probably.

I most of time avoid Er Gen works because i don't like his protagonists which happens to be one of the most important things for me to enjoy a work

Not only just xianxia/xuanhuan stuff i should give a try using youdaou translate that can fix the wording stuff to read chinese novels they have some pretty nice stuff even when its not cultivation focused works

EdenSux said:
I most of time avoid Er Gen works because i don't like his protagonists which happens to be one of the most important things for me to enjoy a work

Not only just xianxia/xuanhuan stuff i should give a try using youdaou translate that can fix the wording stuff to read chinese novels they have some pretty nice stuff even when its not cultivation focused works
I'm guessing you don't like protagonists like Meng Hao? I guess you probably won't enjoy Bai Xioachun (even if he's well written, which is a shame for you) but Ri and PotT's protagonists are vastly different, and are prob one of the best written MCs, so you either never checked them out, or you're talking about another author.

Either way, you're missing out on a lot. He's recognized the best Xianxia author after all

Muchacho mrm said:
True, it is the type of verse that would get me glued enough to not read anything else whilst reading it. I butchered AWT though, but I think my review on it on NU like year before the end of translation seems fair, probably.
Heh. I don't know where to find out, but from someone who has a friend that finished AWE MTL before AWE htl, the feeling he got are strakly different.

If you browse novelupdates there is a chance you might see it. Yeah the translations of-course will get hooked, especially if it's from DeathBlade.

Anyways, how are POT or RI MCs better than Bai. I haven't read either but Bai is my second favorite MC after Zuo Mo and I'm curious.

Explaining that would entails me spoiling, and that would ruin the novels. So let's say they are developed, and that you can feel the character growth from naive kids to what they become. Side-characters are also well developed, especially in PotT (where some side-characters are better developed than Meng Hao).

I reccomend you read Ri and PotT if you didn't. They're generally considered to be the best Er Gen novels by those who read all his works.

Though I'm a bit biased about Bai as I like him very much, so I put him almost on the same level as those 2 but on a more serious note, someone who vastly prefers, say, comedy over depth and profoundness so some might prefer an MC to another and that is normal, but I was mainly talking about the writing of said characters.

Wasn't going to pick either up like I've said before but I probably will now. After going through months of my reading list

Heh, alright. Great ^_^. Make sure to read Ri before PotT though, very important.

Also, are you in the Wuxiaworld Discord server?

I kinda want to try one of these now (I guess either ISSTH or PotT.) to see if it is as good as you say.

Where can I find it in English and can I join the discord?

00potato said:
I kinda want to try one of these now (I guess either ISSTH or PotT.) to see if it is as good as you say.
Where can I find it in English and can I join the discord?
Starting with ISSTH is a bad idea, and starting with PotT is a worse idea.

Here's the WW discord invite, we can explain everything and guide you properly there : https://discord.gg/mqttw4a

Wuxiaworld is the translation site, in case you didn't know that already. Preferably keep that name so I recognize you ;-)

Yes, but not after reading Ri and PotT first (in that order) ^_^.

Aren't these 2 1000+ chapter long novels? Heh, i will probably not read it, since i still need to finish DE and after that i want to read RoH. Btw, what are the xianxia/xuanhuan novels with the best names? Most have a stupid/generic name (or title, idk).

Renegade Immortal - 2088 chapters

Pursuit of the Truth - 1484 chapters

I Shall Seal the Heavens - 1616 chapters

A Will Eternal - 1314 chapters

A World Worth Protecting - 860+ chapters

What do you mean best names? As in Unique?

I mean non generic names, for example, Rise of Humanity is a good name, Only I Shall Be Immortal is a generic name.

Hmm. hard since most have something with Immortal, Heavens, Sage, Martial in them.

Ultimate Scheming System

Seeking the Flying Sword Path

Forty Millennium of Cultivation

Carefree Path of Dreams

The Founder of Diabolism

Warlock in a Magus World

I could say more but those may include one of the words from above or Monarch, God, Dao.

Yeah, most of them have the words you listed, and they are what i call generic, but the ones you listed are good, and Carefree Path of Dreams is a really cool name. Btw, i noticed that the combined names of LoL's musics is very xianxia-like,"the phoenix legend never die", "rise and ignite", "giant warrior awaken".

Eh, not really but the music is good.

It's a nice name, the novel is also nice enough for how much I've read of it around 300 chapters. I've read part of since it's by the same author who wrote Warlock in a Magus World. If i'm not wrong both novels share the same verse with another novel.

Yeah, i think all the novels from that author are related. If i didn't have so many novels to read, i would start one of his novels, they seem interesting at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back