• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xeelee upgrade

Well, if they have complete control of entire timelines, then that is likely tier 2-C. However, I don't know anything about the story that they come from, so some proof would be appreciated.

Can you post the relevant quotes here instead. I do not have much time and energy.

'Imagine a universe consisting of a single elementary particle, an electron perhaps. Then there could be no space. For space is only the separation between particles. Time is only the measurement of changes in that separation. So there could be no time.

'Imagine now a universe consisting of two particles . . .'

Gemo nodded. 'Now you can have separation, and time.'

Reth bent and, with one finger, scattered a line of dark dust grains across the floor. 'Let each dust grain represent a distance - a configuration of my miniature two-particle cosmos. Each grain is

labelled with a single number: the separation between the two particles.' He stabbed his finger into the line, picking out grains. 'Here the particles are a metre apart; here a micron; here a light year. There is one special grain, of course: the one that represents zero separation, the particles overlaid. This diagram of dust shows all that is important about the underlying universe - the separation between its two components. And every possible configuration is shown at once, from this godlike perspective.' He let his finger wander back and forth along the line, tracing out a twisting path in the grains. 'And here is a history: the two particles close and separate, close and separate. If they were conscious, the particles would think they were embedded in time, that they are coming near and far. But we can see that their universe is no more than dust grains, the lined-up configurations jostling against each other. It feels like time, inside. But from outside, it is just - sequence, a scattering of instants, of reality dust.' Gemo said, 'Yes. "It is utterly beyond our power to measure the change of things by time. Quite the contrary, time is an abstraction at which we arrive by means of the changes of things."' She eyed Hama. 'An ancient philosopher. Mach, or Mar-que 'If the universe has three particles,' said Reth, 'you need three numbers. Three relative distances - the separation of the particles, one from the other - determine the cosmos's shape. And so the dust grains, mapping possible configurations, would fill up three-dimensional space -though there is still a unique grain, representing the special instant where all the particles are joined. And with four particles

-There would be six separation distances,' Hama said. 'And you would need a six-dimensional space to map the possible configurations.'

Reth glared at him, eyes hard. 'You are beginning to understand. Now. Imagine a space of stupendously many dimensions.' He held up a dust grain. 'Each grain represents one configuration of

all the particles in our universe, frozen in time. This is reality dust, a dust of the Nows. And the dust fills configuration space, the realm of instants. Some of the dust grains may represent slices of our own history.' He snapped his fingers, once, twice, three times. 'There. There. There. Each moment, each juggling of the particles, a new grain, a new coordinate on the map. There is one grain that represents the coalescing of all the universe's particles into a single point. There are many more grains representing chaos - darkness - a random, structureless shuffling of the atoms.

'Configuration space contains all the arrangements of matter there could ever be. It is an image of eternity.' He waved a fingertip through the air. 'But if I trace out a path from point to point -'

'You are tracing out a history,' said Hama. 'A sequence of configurations, the universe evolving from point to Point.'

'Yes. But we know that time is an illusion. In configuration space, all the moments that comprise our history exist simultaneously. And all the other configurations that are logically possible also exist, whether they lie along the track of that history or not.'

Hmm. And what does the above text have to do with the Xeelee?

It is the configuration space. The Transendence are "omnipotent" Q-like race who have control over configuration space. But they have been defeated by the Xeelee.

Well, I do not know anything about this fiction, so I might have to highlight this.

Sadly, but only one book of Xeeleeverse was translated to russian. Most of my knowledge are based on what I have seen in vs debates on Spacebattles.com.

Okay. I like the "Long Earth" books by the same author, but have not read these.

Well, I suppose that 2-C seems reasonable then. You can edit the page if you wish.

Ok, can somebody upgrade the profile properly?

Also, may we add to Xeelee victory over Q from Star Trek?

It is the best Q vs Xeelee thread I have ever seen.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/xeelee-vs-q-continuum.346579/

This post seems very strong:

"The Xeelee definitely have better feats on their side than the Q. The Qs best feat is causing supernovae as a side effect of their war... the Xeelee use supernovae to harvest the material from stars. (The Xeelee can do this with handguns.)

The Q can travel to the Big Bang and watch it... the Xeelee CAUSED the Big Bang, and rode it out.

The Q tease that they can change universal constants, like gravity... the Xeelee actually do this within certain areas.

A Q prison consisted of an Asteroid, a Xeelee prison consisted of a 4-spacial dimension mobius planet.

The Qs best act of construction was a holodeck-like-image for the benefit of a budget crew. The Xeelee created the Ring the size of hundreds of thousands of galaxies. A single nightfighter put together a whole star system in the span of months.

There's more, that's just off the top of my head."

@Jockey Given that you know more about the Xeelee than we do, it is probably best if you update the page yourself.

Xeelee at very least 1-A level under rules of this wiki, because they can easily create and manipulate infinite dimensional Hilbert spaces, evidence:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/supercivilizations-vs-gods.392379/page-4#post-22382647

Another evidence about Xeelee:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...ance-could-defeat.392891/page-2#post-22423658

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...s-alliance-could-defeat.392891/#post-22421197

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...sttgl-can-take-on.396206/page-2#post-22740451

So, Xeelee creates infinitedimensional multiverses in zero-time, in the one configuration of Config Space for the one insignificant species as gift, and this is their normal tactic. Remember, term multiverse isnt using in Sequence.

Also, Xeelee use 11D Hyperspace for travel.

Are Hilbert spaces, or infinite spatial dimensions, explicitly mentioned, or is this simply another of those instances when parallel universes are inaccurately called "dimensions"?

I only skimmed it, but it mentioned Six Dimensional and Three Dimensional space so I think its a legitimate use of dimensional tiering

-There would be six separation distances,' Hama said. 'And you would need a six-dimensional space to map the possible configurations.

Okay, but are infinite spatial dimensions, or the name Hilbert Space explicitly mentioned?

Going by their feats, aren't higher dimensional conventionally it sounds, maybe we can put tier X | tier 1-X with engineering?

I do not know the specifics for this case, although creating infinite-dimensional structures is "just" High 1-B.

Well, it mentions a "stupendous" number of dimensions.

Reth glared at him, eyes hard. 'You are beginning to understand. Now. Imagine a space of stupendously many dimensions.' He held up a dust grain. 'Each grain represents one configuration of

Peraphs Outer Mist can point us to a direct quote that implies infinite?

@Fan

I agree.

"Stupendous" is still just regular 1-B, as long as it is a finite number.

I read the post more thoroughly this time and it seems that it being infinite dimensional just comes from the poster's theory that it refers to Hilbert space theory and nothing concrete.

Of course, I'm still a bit woozy so I might've missed something.

Well, "Likely 1-B" seems like the safest bet in that case.

So, is anybody in the staff willing to check through the links that Outer Mist provided, in order to evaluate how we should modify the Xeelee profile?

Well, "stupendously many dimensions" sounds like 1-B, although I am not familiar with the books, so perhaps it is just via technology, like the Time Lords.

Just being a hard sci fi version of Time Lords doesn't mean they should be comparable if they have better feats.

Ant, I'll look through the thread when I get back home and have the time.

@Promestein Okay. Thank you for the help.

It's definitely at least 1-B from what I can see.

The only statement I can see implying infinite seems to be referring to universes, not dimensions.

Okay. Thank you.

Is somebody willing to adjust the profile with appropriate explanations?

The only issue seems to be whether we should list it as "1-B via technology" (like the Time Lords), or on their own?

Antvasima said:
Okay. Thank you.

Is somebody willing to adjust the profile with appropriate explanations?

The only issue seems to be whether we should list it as "1-B via technology" (like the Time Lords), or on their own?
Considering their millitary consists of 3-D haxd black hole galaxy stuff, and not colliding dimensions or universes, I'd say via technology

Back