• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - The Reality Gauntlet 2-C (Low Multiverse level) Upgrade Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware why you think it doesn't qualify for 2-C Griffin, but I'm pretty sure your provided reasoning is in fact enough, especially with the Ghost Zone being infinite in size. Not sure how the chain reaction argument should be treated though.
Fair enough but even if we accept the verse as 2-C, this thread is focusing on the Reality Gauntlet feats which controlling all reality which is Danny altering reality (space and time) for the normal universe and Ghost Zone due to thier linked nature to before the events of the episode which would be 2-C at max through chain reaction due to them being linked but we'd need evidence that it can effect the entire space-time continuum of both without the chain reaction effect to get solid 2-C (without chain reaction)

Right now, the reason I proposed Low 2-C for the guantlet is because destroying the Ghost Zone would be at that level since the guantlet uses ectoplasm which as shown thanks to the Ghost Zone to effect the space-time continuum on a universal scale and the guantlet has control over those aspects as shown with Freakshow's feat, and Danny's proves it can effect the universe.

Honestly, this seems to fit Low 2-C to me. The fact that it can eradicate all ghosts forever (including at least one capable of time travel), controls all reality and showcases time to be a part of that, seems to be enough to me to prove that it can affect the entirety of space and time. I do understand Pein's issues with it.

As for 2-C, if the Ghost Zone being spatially separate can be proven in addition to everything else, then sure. Otherwise, it's just Low 2-C.

What @Planck69 wrote about a ghost capable of time travel reminded me that Clockwork (Danny Phantom) exists. @PrinceofPein I don't know if this will help prove tier 2 but for Clockwork time moves both backwards and forwards, and there exist multiple versions of him throughout the timeline who can act and several showed up from different eras of time to pressure Danny into jumping into a portal. In order for the guantlet to eradicate ghosts forever, it would need to destroy all Clockworks across the timeline. Is that helpful in suggesting it's power will spread across the timeline when eradicating all ghosts?

Honestly, this seems to fit Low 2-C to me. The fact that it can eradicate all ghosts forever (including at least one capable of time travel), controls all reality and showcases time to be a part of that, seems to be enough to me to prove that it can affect the entirety of space and time. I do understand Pein's issues with it.

As for 2-C, if the Ghost Zone being spatially separate can be proven in addition to everything else, then sure. Otherwise, it's just Low 2-C.
Well I've been sitting on this sandbox until the graphic novel comes out but yes, the Ghost Zone is a different dimension/plane of existence that is spatially separate from the normal universe. You need portals through time and space to get their and vice versa.

Imma stop you right there, there is no chain reaction which can result in the control of another realm if you can control one realm. You'd need to get DC comics levels of weird for that. This reasoning only works for destruction.
Well I'll remain neutral on that point.

Last edited:
What @Planck69 wrote about a ghost capable of time travel reminded me that Clockwork (Danny Phantom) exists. @PrinceofPein I don't know if this will help prove tier 2 but for Clockwork time moves both backwards and forwards, and there exist multiple versions of him throughout the timeline who can act and several showed up from different eras of time to pressure Danny into jumping into a portal. In order for the guantlet to eradicate ghosts forever, it would need to destroy all Clockworks across the timeline. Is that helpful in suggesting it's power will spread across the timeline when eradicating all ghosts?
Yes, if it can go through the different points in time to eradicate ghosts, then it is low 2-C
Well I've been sitting on this sandbox until the graphic novel comes out but yes, the Ghost Zone is a different dimension/plane of existence that is spatially separate from the normal universe. You need portals through time and space to get their and vice versa.
if this is true, then it is 2-C

Well I'll remain neutral on that point.
If it's truly spatially separate then 2-C is fine.

Well I guess 2-C it is... I'll need to fix up the OP and add the information. The only thing that sucks about this tier 2 upgrade is unless we get more tier 2 stuff from the novel, the scaling thread will be hit hard with the outlier argument and I can't really fight against that.

WHOOO, 2-C Danny?
8707972a759975b07d188308c948cc27.jpg

I don't think it would be an outlier if we only make Danny "possibly" 2-C, like we're currently doing with the 4-A stuff.

Just curious, how is Danny a 2-C? Is there anything actually scaling to the Gauntlet affecting both the Ghost Zone and the Human Zone at once?

I don't think it would be an outlier if we only make Danny "possibly" 2-C, like we're currently doing with the 4-A stuff.
Tier 4 at least had the backing of ghosts creating their own homes/realms, some of which contained celestial bodies like a sun (only issue is we don't know the timeframe). For 2-C, we currently got nothing else on that level so even a possibly is unlikely.
Just curious, how is Danny a 2-C? Is there anything actually scaling to the Gauntlet affecting both the Ghost Zone and the Human Zone at once?
Danny scales via statements and showings. Despite the gauntlet's feats and statements the Guys in White directly state exactly that "perhaps" it might even be power enough to destroy Danny. And despite the gauntlet being able to channel all that power through it without issue (Ectoplasmic energy is a Universal Energy System), Danny obliterated the gauntlet and the gems with a single blast when he chose to get rid of it.

As for others, the Ring of Rage and Crown of Fire are stated by knowledgeable characters (Vlad Plasmius) to give the user "unimaginable power" even though said characters would have knowledge on the Reality Gauntlet given there are even books about it. Butch Hartman also stated that the Crown and Ring together give the user "omnipotence" (ultimate power) which is in line with what Skulker stating that when Pariah Dark wore both he could "do anything". Pariah Dark is directly stated to be the only ghost of power and magnitude to be able channel that power, which is beyond that of the Reality Gauntlet via in verse and author statments.

So yeah. Danny would upscale from the gauntlet and Pariah level characters scale to something more powerful than the guantlet. But again, unless we get an actual Tier 2 feat from a character in the novel, it's going to be an outlier for sure.

Sonic match ups its aproaching
Pain!

Tier 4 at least had the backing of ghosts creating their own homes/realms, some of which contained celestial bodies like a sun (only issue is we don't know the timeframe). For 2-C, we currently got nothing else on that level so even a possibly is unlikely.
IMO a possibly is fine.
Danny scales via statements and showings. Despite the gauntlet's feats and statements the Guys in White directly state exactly that "perhaps" it might even be power enough to destroy Danny. And despite the gauntlet being able to channel all that power through it without issue (Ectoplasmic energy is a Universal Energy System), Danny obliterated the gauntlet and the gems with a single blast when he chose to get rid of it.

As for others, the Ring of Rage and Crown of Fire are stated by knowledgeable characters (Vlad Plasmius) to give the user "unimaginable power" even though said characters would have knowledge on the Reality Gauntlet given there are even books about it. Butch Hartman also stated that the Crown and Ring together give the user "omnipotence" (ultimate power) which is in line with what Skulker stating that when Pariah Dark wore both he could "do anything". Pariah Dark is directly stated to be the only ghost of power and magnitude to be able channel that power, which is beyond that of the Reality Gauntlet via in verse and author statments.

So yeah. Danny would upscale from the gauntlet and Pariah level characters scale to something more powerful than the guantlet. But again, unless we get an actual Tier 2 feat from a character in the novel, it's going to be an outlier for sure.
Oh, I'm not arguing about Danny scaling to it, I'm just wondering how the Gauntlet is 2-C when it can only affect 1 universe.

Also what you just said kinda proves why it isn't an outlier.

Oh, I'm not arguing about Danny scaling to it, I'm just wondering how the Gauntlet is 2-C when it can only affect 1 universe.

Also what you just said kinda proves why it isn't an outlier.
My bad. The "all reality" statement would include the human world and the Ghost Zone as it's reach extends to their as well given what the Guys in White said.

I thought the Ghost Zone was a 2-A structure in all honesty.

But yeah 2-C for the Reality Gauntlet seems quite alright and those who scale to it
The Ghost Zone is infinite with infinite realms inside it but those realms would all need to be universal space-time continuum to count it as a 2-A structure. I tried making it 2-A once but that was back when I didn't even remotely understand our tiering system.

Alright so I guess since we got everything squared at least for now. I'm going to close this as the scaling will be discussed after the graphic novel comes out as I mentioned in the OP. So no changes will be made for right now but I'll keep this thread logged in the Danny Phantom Discussion Thread and if anyone has anything important to add, just message me and I'll reopen the thread. We got until the 18 next month so there isn't any rush.

Thanks to everyone that has commented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back