• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Be careful! I don't think the game actually says "It lets them escape by making them escape instinctively."

It sounds like the in-game description is just "Escape a Pin, Submission, or Elimination Mini-Game with ease." I don't think there's more information than that on it.

Also, it sounds like it's limited to only being used a few times per match.
Well, I was wondering how the source materials words or portrays it. Are there any more details regarding that?

Be careful! I don't think the game actually says "It lets them escape by making them escape instinctively."
… No, but given the extreme closeness between WWE Game and Mainline Canon, the fact all abilities emulate a Mainline ability, and instinctive kickouts are a well documented thing in Mainline WWE, this is likely what it attempts to emulate, instinctive kickouts in WWE Shows are the closest relative to Resiliency, which, like nearly every single thing in the game, has to be an emulation of an ability in mainline

… No, but given the extreme closeness between WWE Game and Mainline Canon, the fact all abilities emulate a Mainline ability, and instinctive kickouts are a well documented thing in Mainline WWE, this is likely what it attempts to emulate
Can you provide some examples, so I could use them as a reference to better understand what we are talking about here?

It sounds like the in-game description is just "Escape a Pin, Submission, or Elimination Mini-Game with ease." I don't think there's more information than that on it.

Also, it sounds like it's limited to only being used a few times per match.
1. Resiliency makes it easier to kick out, hence why it says "with ease."
2. The bold words are something we should note about Payback moves in general. Payback abilities aren't spammable.

Can you provide some examples, so I could use them as a reference to better understand what we are talking about here?
Poison Mist is a payback ability, like resiliency. It is based on actual poison mist used in matches

there’s one example but I could probably give you one for nearly every single payback ability in the game

… No, but given the extreme closeness between WWE Game and Mainline Canon, the fact all abilities emulate a Mainline ability, and instinctive kickouts are a well documented thing in Mainline WWE, this is likely what it attempts to emulate

Oh, if that's true, that sounds fine then.

I'd still note it down as "limited", and note that it can only be used after taking sufficient damage, and that it can only be used 3 times per match. And it also sounds like they can only have one of these per match, so it should be said somewhere on their page that they can only have 1 payback ability available per match (probably up to the OP of the vs thread to decide).

Poison Mist is a payback ability, like resiliency. It is based on actual poison mist used in matches

there’s one example but I could probably give you one for nearly every single payback ability in the game
I think he meant to show examples of the wrestlers using resiliency to kick out instinctively using the Payback ability.

I was thinking of examples like profiles that list kicking out as part of their justification for Instinctive Reaction.

I'd still note it down as "limited", and note that it can only be used after taking sufficient damage, and that it can only be used 3 times per match. And it also sounds like they can only have one of these per match, so it should be said somewhere on their page that they can only have 1 payback ability available per match (probably up to the OP of the vs thread to decide).
100% agreed. The Payback can only be used when taking sufficient amounts of damage.

Also, I'm fully aware that you can only use 1 Payback ability in a match, so whoever decides to choose someone from the video games will have to decide which Payback ability they want to use.

I forgot to add that there is a such thing as "Minor Payback Abilities" which are more spammable than the Major ones.

Ye, I'd like to stress that while I think Instinctive Reactions should be listed as "limited" in the P&A, I don't think the others should be. It's just that Instinctive Reactions usually doesn't have those sorts of restrictions, while other abilities like stat amp and poison manip often do.

Here are all of the Minor Payback Abilities:

Payback LVL 1 (Minor Payback)​

Payback-AutoReverse.png

1. Auto-Reverse

Use this ability to automatically perform a minor reversal. You cannot use this ability to perform Major Reversals or reverse Signature and Finisher attacks. This does not consume a Reversal stock.

2. Possum

Play possum and catch your opponent off guard with a pin or attack.
Payback Info: Hold R1 and L1 to enter a Possum state while supine, leaning against the ropes or cornered. Press X or O while supine and holding possum to perform a pin. Press Square or Triangle while holding possum to perform an attack.
Payback-SpeedBuff.png

3. Speed Buff

This buff enhances your speed and agility. Additionally, it improves the rate at which you regenerate stamina and reversals.

4. Fists Of Fury

This increases your striking power attributes. It also gives you a minor speed boost and improves striking reversals.
Payback-InstantRecovery.png

5. Instant Recovery

Use this ability to instantly recover after being knocked down. This includes a minor speed boost.

6. Reversal

Earn a Reversal stock.

Here are all of the Minor Payback Abilities:

Payback LVL 1 (Minor Payback)​

Payback-AutoReverse.png

1. Auto-Reverse

Use this ability to automatically perform a minor reversal. You cannot use this ability to perform Major Reversals or reverse Signature and Finisher attacks. This does not consume a Reversal stock.

2. Possum

Play possum and catch your opponent off guard with a pin or attack.
Payback Info: Hold R1 and L1 to enter a Possum state while supine, leaning against the ropes or cornered. Press X or O while supine and holding possum to perform a pin. Press Square or Triangle while holding possum to perform an attack.
Payback-SpeedBuff.png

3. Speed Buff

This buff enhances your speed and agility. Additionally, it improves the rate at which you regenerate stamina and reversals.

4. Fists Of Fury

This increases your striking power attributes. It also gives you a minor speed boost and improves striking reversals.
Payback-InstantRecovery.png

5. Instant Recovery

Use this ability to instantly recover after being knocked down. This includes a minor speed boost.

6. Reversal

Earn a Reversal stock.
So the wrestlers will get to have 1 Minor Payback Ability, as well as 1 Major Payback Ability (WWE 2K19 and 2K20 worked like this).

Also, more hax for the verse.

Actually, I don't expect those last 3 to be too worthwhile. They're all just breaking hinges, which can be as low as 10-A when done with strikes, with full body charges/throws like that it's super not worth it.

EXTREMELY limited Instinctive Reaction, but more combat applicable than Resiliency tbf
Stat amp obviously
Same here
Empowerment, Stat Amp

Actually, I don't expect those last 3 to be too worthwhile. They're all just breaking hinges, which can be as low as 10-A when done with strikes, with full body charges/throws like that it's super not worth it.
How was the Rey Mysterio feat breaking the hinges off the table?

The last two are understandable, though I do want to mention that the last feat ended up leaving a massive hole/crater in the ring, which I think shouldn't be ignored.

All of these feats and hax are cool and all, but there's one thing I gotta question the most:

Are there any WWE video game renders?

How was the Rey Mysterio feat breaking the hinges off the table?

The last two is understandable, though.
The top just sorta falls in like it was unsupported, and the sides just topple over. It looks like it was held together with glue lmao.

But like, even if we assumed there was more support, it's a box with nothing inside it that just falls apart. Any of the other table feats should be way higher.

Oh **** the hole was so white I missed it.

Yeah that looks really really good.

All of these feats and hax are cool and all, but there's one thing I gotta question the most:

Are there any WWE video game renders?
Nvm, I found some renders for the likes of Chris Jericho and Austin Theory (though Jericho's renders look far better than Theory's lol).

As long as the calcs are made and accepted
scape a Pin, Submission, or Elimination Mini-Game with ease (Instinctive Reactions)
This isn't instinctive reactions unless you can prove they were completely knock out when they escaped.
Use this ability to automatically perform a minor reversal. You cannot use this ability to perform Major Reversals or reverse Signature and Finisher attacks. This does not consume reversal stock (Instinctive Reactions)
This isn't instinctive reactions for the same reason. Its just martial arts.

Isn’t automatically performing an action that is in your interests without consciously deciding on it, something which applies to both of the things you mentioned above, about as obvious as IR can get?

Isn’t automatically performing an action that is in your interests without consciously deciding on
But you would need to prove they did so while unconscious or without putting any mental effort into it. Neither were provided in those examples.

The reason other WWE people got that rating is because while they were knocked out they were still able to either break a hold or resist a tap out.

But you would need to prove they did so while unconscious or without putting any mental effort into it. Neither were provided in those examples.

The reason other WWE people got that rating is because while they were knocked out they were still able to either break a hold or resist a tap out.
That shouldn't be too hard.

Another reason why the IRL WWE people got IR is because they are able to kick out of finishers with instinct alone (with some exceptions of course).

I'll provide you with a link of how the Resiliency ability works, as well as the Auto-Reversal ability. I'll also provide you with a link of the wrestlers kicking out of finishers.

Give me some time.

Another reason why the IRL WWE people got IR is because they are able to kick out of finishers with instinct alone (with some exceptions of course).
To add on, finishers in wrestling do far more damage than normal moves, and it KO's the opponent (in the games, it stuns the opponent, which then makes it impossible for the characters to do any kind of offense or defense, which low-key might be Status Effect Inducement if a single finisher can stun a opponent).

Stunning someone could just be an AP thing rather than status effect inducement.

Back