• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
lmao, that is 100% something to look into
Being able to destroy parts of a car just by Irish Whipping them into it is very impressive. It's a casual thing done by wrestlers, so they likely upscale from the feat as well.

The feat of the guy knocking over multiple barrels with a single strike should also be looked at.

Naw knocking over the barrels doesn't seem impressive.

Naw knocking over the barrels doesn't seem impressive.
How so?

I mean, considering how far each barrel was launched when hit, I assume it would get relatively decent results.

I would probably list it as a good supporting feat for the verse.

The way they fly around makes it look like they're empty, that can't be too good of a feat, right?

There are a handful of small shards, but the majority of the table is just broken off into 3 pieces like usual.

I guess you could run frag over a few centimeters around where the tables cracked, but not the entire thing, imo.

There are a handful of small shards, but the majority of the table is just broken off into 3 pieces like usual.

I guess you could run frag over a few centimeters around where the tables cracked, but not the entire thing, imo.
At least it's somewhat frag...

Might I suggest a profile for Jacob Cass? He was one of the main characters in Road To WM in WWE’12 that is completely game only. Also had a better invasion than the original invasion
1. Of course you can! Though I do recommend waiting until at least some of these calcs get done.
2. WWE '12 is underrated. Road to WM was so much fun (plus Jacob Cass' theme song was fire).

Video Game Profiles for WWE should be alright based on the feats and abilities and it appears as if they have some story elements as well. There is something that I want to ask about Resiliency's Instinctive Reactions though. Doing something with ease is hardly the same as reacting instinctively so why is it Instinctive Reactions?

Video Game Profiles for WWE should be alright based on the feats and abilities and it appears as if they have some story elements as well. There is something that I want to ask about Resiliency's Instinctive Reactions though. Doing something with ease is hardly the same as reacting instinctively so why is it Instinctive Reactions?
The purpose of the Resiliency ability is to use it when the odds of kicking out normally is basically 0. Like, if you can't kick out of someone's move by normal means, then you can use resiliency to kick out of the move.

Resiliency is basically a last resort ability that's used when the player realizes they're going to lose the match. It can also be used to easily escape submission maneuvers, but that's not Instinctive Reactions like kicking out of a move.

The purpose of the Resiliency ability is to use it when the odds of kicking out normally is basically 0. Like, if you can't kick out of someone's move by normal means, then you can use resiliency to kick out of the move.

Resiliency is basically a last resort ability that's used when the player realizes they're going to lose the match. It can also be used to easily escape submission maneuvers, but that's not Instinctive Reactions like kicking out of a move.
I don't think I understand what you mean? I don't know these games, so I don't know what kicking out means in this context.

I don't think I understand what you mean? I don't know these games, so I don't know what kicking out means in this context.
Kick Out - To use the legs to kick or power out of a pin by using the force made to lift the shoulders off the mat.

Kick Out - To use the legs to kick or power out of a pin by using the force made to lift the shoulders off the mat.
Okay, neither this nor the last resort detail sound like Instinctive Reaction to me, so what is the justification of it being considered Instinctive Reaction in the OP?

Okay, neither this nor the last resort detail sound like Instinctive Reaction to me, so what is the justification of it being considered Instinctive Reaction in the OP?
I already explained why it was Instinctive Reactions. Kicking out of a move can be done instinctively in wrestling. It happens on a daily basis.

When the player realizes they have no chance in kicking out of a move by normal means, they decide to use Resiliency as a last resort desperation move to kick out automatically.

I think resiliency has grounds for IR because the ability essentially allows being able to automatically/instinctively perform the action of kicking out, in spite of your body being practically physically incapable of it it’s normal circumstances, the ability makes your body perform an action, when it otherwise wouldn’t/couldn’t.

Instinctive Reaction is about your mind choosing actions without conscious awareness. it's not for doing things that are physically impossible.

Essentially, I think resiliency has grounds for IR because the ability essentially allows being able to automatically/instinctively perform the action of kicking out, in spite of your body being practically physically incapable of it it’s normal circumstances, the ability makes your body perform an action, when it otherwise wouldn’t/couldn’t.
Send essentially twice 💀

Instinctive Reaction is about your mind doing things without conscious awareness
Yes, that is what most instances of Instinctively kicking out are, the ability moves your body for you when you wouldn’t have, is that not literally what IR is?

Instinctive Reaction is about your mind choosing actions without conscious awareness. it's not for doing things that are physically impossible.
The Resiliency ability forces your body to kick out when it wouldn't have by normal means.

I already explained why it was Instinctive Reactions. Kicking out of a move can be done instinctively in wrestling. It happens on a daily basis.

When the player realizes they have no chance in kicking out of a move by normal means, they decide to use Resiliency as a last resort desperation move to kick out automatically.
So, kicking out is something that the wrestlers are trained to do instinctively? Does this mean that it isn't the act of kicking out that is considered Instinctive Reaction here but the fact that they are trained to do it instinctively with Resiliency being an improved version of that that they can rely on in an emergency?

I think resiliency has grounds for IR because the ability essentially allows being able to automatically/instinctively perform the action of kicking out, in spite of your body being practically physically incapable of it it’s normal circumstances, the ability makes your body perform an action, when it otherwise wouldn’t/couldn’t.
So, Resiliency just lets them perform a certain action they normally wouldn't be able to do? Is it a matter of overcoming the force that is pinning them down or are they instinctively timing the kick out in a way they are normally incapable of?

Why does Pika always explain shit better than I do?
I don't know but Pikaman's explanation is something that I can appreciate here though I still think that I need more details.

Yes, that is what most instances of Instinctively kicking out are, the ability moves your body for you when you wouldn’t have, is that not literally what IR is?
That sounds like a very strange interpretation of it. I'd rather index it as a short burst of stat amp, making the characters strong enough to kick out of something they otherwise wouldn't be able to.

I don't think that the issue wrestlers have most of the time is that they don't have the mental will to break out, it more seems like usually they're overpowered/exhausted.

So, kicking out is something that the wrestlers are trained to do instinctively? Does this mean that it isn't the act of kicking out that is considered Instinctive Reaction here but the fact that they are trained to do it instinctively with Resiliency being an improved version of that that they can rely on in an emergency?
Just ignore everything I say from now on about the Resiliency bruh😭. I'm always wording my stuff terribly. Just listen to Pika about the Resiliency stuff.

So, Resiliency just lets them perform a certain action they normally wouldn't be able to do? Is it a matter of overcoming the force that is pinning them down or are they instinctively timing the kick out in a way they are normally incapable of?
It's the latter.

I don't know but Pikaman's explanation is something that I can appreciate here though I still think that I need more details.
What a way to rub it in my face.

That sounds like a very strange interpretation of it. I'd rather index it as a short burst of stat amp, making the characters strong enough to kick out of something they otherwise wouldn't be able to.

I don't think that the issue wrestlers have most of the time is that they don't have the mental will to break out, it more seems like usually they're overpowered/exhausted.
The wrestler was incapable of moving their body by normal means, so they use resiliency, which ends up forcing their body to kick out when they're too damaged to do so. I don't see how this is stat amps.

When a wrestler is pinned, they are usually already on the ground as a result of whatever attack they just took, then their opposition will apply some kind of pressure on them, beginning a “pin attempt”. If the pinned wrestler does not lift their shoulders off the mat by the time a 3 count from the referee concludes, they lose the match. Resiliency allows them to do this even if the move has damn near knocked them out cold, and they are in no fit state to respond to a pin in the limited time frame, as a result of a combination of disorientation, fatigue, and possibly waning consciousness. With a handful of special types of pins as an exception, wrestlers usually do not actually end up applying all that much pressure to the shoulders of their opponent, usually relying on them being incapable of responding to the count in enough time instead.

That seems like a very tough sell to me. The wrestlers are still conscious after they get up. Like, are we supposed to believe that they were just at the tip of being unconscious when they were pinned, but as soon as they break out they get their head back in the game?

I really think it's either a stat increase (to overpower despite being weak), or an extra jolt of energy (to get back to fighting levels of energy).

It's the latter.
I see that does sound closer to Instinctive Reaction now.

When a wrestler is pinned, they are usually already on the ground as a result of whatever attack they just took, then their opposition will apply some kind of pressure on them, beginning a “pin attempt”. If the pinned wrestler does not lift their shoulders off the mat by the time a 3 count from the referee concludes, they lose the match. Resiliency allows them to do this even if the move has damn near knocked them out cold, and they are in no fit state to respond to a pin in the limited time frame, as a result of a combination of disorientation, fatigue, and possibly waning consciousness. With a handful of special types of pins as an exception, wrestlers usually do not actually end up applying all that much pressure to the shoulders of their opponent, usually relying on them being incapable of responding to the count in enough time instead.
Yeah, I think I've heard of that sort of countdown existing in wrestling before. So, Resiliency makes a wrestler capable of responding in situations where they wouldn't be able to do it without Resiliency and the way Resiliency enables a response for the wrestlers is by making them do it instinctively instead of consciously?

So, Resiliency makes a wrestler capable of responding in situations where they wouldn't be able to do it without Resiliency and the way Resiliency enables a response for the wrestlers is by making them do it instinctively instead of consciously?
Yup, spot on

Be careful! I don't think the game actually says "It lets them escape by making them escape instinctively."

It sounds like the in-game description is just "Escape a Pin, Submission, or Elimination Mini-Game with ease." I don't think there's more information than that on it.

Also, it sounds like it's limited to only being used a few times per match.

Back