• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WWE and VSB

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
So, user MaxwelFISH asked whether or not the WWE can have profiles here, and I think he is on to something.

I mean, the characters themselves are fictional in that they're as live action tv as we can get. That, and they're not merely 10-B.

[B]This is my comment from [URL='https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/515314']this thread[/URL]:[/B] Undertaker has teleportation said:
[/B]

As for feats, IIRC "Undertaker" has two Tier 8 feats and "The Hurricane" has a calc that puts him at Mach 1000+ or something. Comicbook adaptions of said characters have pretty good feats too, I think "The Ultimate Warrior" destroyed a building once. I believe Hulk Hogan has a really good feat in his cartoon series too.
Oh, and John Cena, if we go composite overpowered a rolling boulder the size of something near a van and pushed it back and away towards a cliff in Scooby Doo.

So, thoughts? Oh, and STAFF DISCUSSION thread, so STAFF ONLY.

While WWE is indeed fictional, it isn't held-together narratively in the same way novels, games, movies and TV Series are.

It is less of a story and more of a performance. Sure the athletes are playing characters with made-up backstories, but it's tinly-veiled background fluff. In the end it amounts to two men fighting in a ring.

In short, I don't think WWE profiles can be made.

As I said before, Wrestlers are essentially actors who act as fake personas through scripted storylines. Their Personas are characters being acted out by actual actors, and these characters have appeared in Movies, Cartoons, TV Shows, Video Games and most infamously of all, Comicbooks.

While I do think they should be allowed, I do have a concern.

How would we handle the profiles exactly? Feats in the actual show is pretty hard to come by. If I recall, either Big Show or Mankind tanked a fall from a 9 story building, which is a solid Wall level durability feat, The Undertake can generate Lightning Bolts, which are Building+ and The Hurricane can casually fly and maneuver himself at Mach 1000+ speeds.

We could always use composite profiles, which would include feats from the aforementioned comics, movies, video games and cartoons. If we did do composites, most Wrestlers would probably end up around Tier 8 if memory serves.

Matt's point is strong, however it would be nice to get them a profile if we have a seperate canon for them in comics and other media.

They're real counterparts that appear on RAW, SmackDown and PPVs are kind of... well if we assume they're all 10-B to 9-C that's a pretty narrow verse, still. Maybe we can take their training montages and victories to scale with eachother?

And come on, we all know Big Show and Brock Lesnar are Tier 9-A, at least. Remember when they broke the stage ? Or when Big Show just knocks over a freaking 4,400 pound Jeep ?

ovo

Matthew Schroeder said:
You don't.
Composite is quite simply nonsensical and shouldn't be allowed.
But don't we have a good number of composite profiles?

Yeah, we do have composites.

Jackie Cha

Bruce Lee

Any thoughts about the WWE?

I see. That's 2 for, and 3 against. Seems we're pretty divided at the moment.

I agree with Matthew. It is probably better to avoid these types of profiles.

Hmmm, don't we have a composite Jackie Chan profile? I don't see how this is any different.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You don't.
Composite is quite simply nonsensical and shouldn't be allowed.
I don't see how you can first argue the reason we shouldn't have them is that the narrative is loose and then proceed to argue that using feats from all their media is nonsensical. That's pretty much the exact same thing we do for Mario, the only reason Paper is a separate profile being that that is confirmed to be non-canon in-universe.

I do think we should set a border for what allows for scaling though, or perhaps we should keep it like comics or Pokemon (IE only consistent showings allow for scaling). This is because, IIRC, there are a lot of "small" matches that don't have any "narrative" importance, so they just have any random wrestler win just for fun.

Well, if there is no coherent story or scaling for the characters, I think that it may cause too much trouble to feature them.

Well again, Mario has the same thing but we still have profiles and such for it. Given that Skod said he'd help scale it's likely he knows which fighters go where and can pull examples for us.

WWE has a long history and story.

Too bad you either need a long time fan of wrestling, a 10/mo subscription, or a wiki to get ahold of all this information, and provide links. Videos are harder to get for this than most things.

Well, I am uncertain. It depends on whether or not you think that it can be done appropriately?

There would also be some outliers to be discussed like Brock Lesnar trolling Cena in his return recently despite having tangoed before in the past, and that Cena has fought people on equal "monster status" standings as Lesnar.

It'd take quite a bit of discussion but if we have help from everyone who wants to discuss, then I think it can float. Maybe a WWE discussion thread would suffice should the addition of them fly.

DatBoyNorbit said:
I agree with WWE profiles but only the WWE Immotals video game seems good enough to make profiles o
Really?

So, thoughts? Oh, and STAFF DISCUSSION thread, so STAFF ONLY.

DatBoyNorbit said:
yes im serious.

STAFF DISCUSSION thread, so STAFF ONLY.

Oh, and I'm gonna have to say no to video game adaptations as the canon one is the live action, if this even gets accepted.

Live action is canon. Which includes, the shows. RAW and Smackdown. PayPerView's should be too, as well as any other official (non fanservice orientied, such as videos and social media) live action event.

Back