• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wrapping up Anima Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwellken

RP Elder
This thread's purpose is to finish implementing the changes that were accepted in this year old thread that were really only done less than halfway before the forum move.

The only things being added here are tier/scaling, standard resistances, standard abilities from Gnosis and Magic, which were accepted above.

Profiles that have yet to be updated:

Sigma Hecatondies

Legion Ramses

Kali

Wanderers (minus Kujaku Hime, 4 profiles)

Creatures and Monsters (minus Etrien Gnosos, Void Knight, The Machine, Ice Maiden and Baroque, 19 profiles)

Profiles that have recently been updated:

The Dragon

Ergo Mundus

Druaga

Jonathan Kappel

Etheldrea

Nascal Mehirim

Ra-Me-Tek

Malekith, Prince of Crows

The Machine

Baal, The Gate of Hell

Filisnogos

Black Sun

Gurmah-Gharus

Omega

Ice Maiden

Kujaku Hime

I'll be doing my best to finish the implementation on my own, but as this is a lot of work as you can see, any help would be appreciated. If anyone is interested, just ask how you can help below.

Last edited:
As a starting minor notes: a) Omega has been discarded as one of the Sleepers; theres 8 and he isnt one of them; b) Theres an issue with few Wanderers (my fault) and is that Quezcuatli and Kristoff arent really Quezcuatli and Kristoff, but rather their incarnations (for instance, incarnations are entities similar to Aeon that were created through the lengend of what they "embody", so their powers and combat capabilities are a mixture of what they have in life and what their legends tolds about them); c) Most "generic" monsters do not have a "conventional" scaling, what I mean is that yu arent going to find "feats" beyond their profiles are says they are capable to do.

Thanks for the update. We'll just have to fix up the verse page at some point.

Wanderers profiles can probably just be assumed to be the incarnations then(?) Not sure what the most appropriate thing to do would be.

Iirc it was agreed in the prior thead that characters without feats or scaling would just use the attack ability scale based on destruction here. (Ie: "At least ____, likely far higher")

Guess one can give them the Key of Incarnation (or whatever is called in ennglish), although it would lead to few additional changes.

As for that, Attack Ability do not represent destruction, its the mixture of several things, but is mainly speed (for instance, damage do not decreases if one is blinded or you attack while prone). Its for that reason its good as point of reference to scale speed.

We did kinda forget about speed in the previous thread didn't we. I think that's something worth having its own thread for though, since the purpose of this one is just to finish the updates that were already agreed upon.

For the record though I do agree with you on the speed thing.

Determinating speed is kinda of easy if we use their sheet values, for example, a final value of 280 (Impossible difficulty) is the limit of how fast a bullet can travel (although, there's minor differences between arrows, ancient fire weapons and modern fire weapons, both caps at the same value).

I recall Zen actions being FTL as well as spells/psychic powers that use lightning and lasers which can be defended against

It was in the pre-Core edition, something about "riding a beam of light" or something; honestly I consider kind of vague (not that I find a Zen performance being ls farfetched).

The most close to lightspeed is the Lv 3 psionic power Lazer (other powers wouldn't consider them natural enough to be considered that fas, except for Rudra and Druaga), however it's aim its variable (it varies depending of the psychic projection of its user).

I have effectively completely remade the profile of The Machine, here.

Only thing that wasn't changed was Speed as that appears to not have been dealt with much on these threads.

What revisions are left to do here and are any of you willing to apply them?

Working on a kinda blog that details what each magical spell does, just to ease the workload with magic users. I'll try to see what other profiles i can fix as well.

I also wonder if it would be possible to get rid of few profiles, specially The Dragon: without a sheet, we do not really known what it can do besides of what Kappel can do innately (but better), and will remain barebone despite being one of the only Gn 45 beings known.

Other profiles are Malchosias and Faust: despite Carlos being satisfied with the community made sheets, they do not stop being fan made (and nuff said, when they were made I weren't good interpreting sheets); for instance, Marchó is a technician and we have idea of his techs (that is basically the essence of his character).

Meh, deleting the fan made sheets is just less work for me, though this should obviously exclude characters that have enough info on them from elsewhere, such as Romeo and Elisabetta.

They have their own sheets, so they have enough info to deal with; the exception is that the first Dramatis do not expand into their ki technics, and in case of Eli and Romeo they do not specify of what gift they benefic (although one can discern few of them). In the most recent podcast AS talked about Kali's tech El Festival de las Cuatro Estaciones (Festival of the Four Seasons), but nothing too specific.

I will unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can inform me if you need my help later.

Every Messenger with a profile has been updated.

Marchosias, Faust, Nerelas, Kali, Kristoff and Quezcatli should likely be deleted.

I'll try to get the Sleepers (including Omega) done next.

Nerelas and Kali have official sheet, is not necessary to erase them. Faust technically has an official sheet, but is when he used to be Lv 1 (that is basically an example sheet), current profile cover him in his peak (Lv 8), but he has no official sheet at that point on story (so, if any of you prefer, instead of erasing him it can be modified).

The DP with Eli, Romeo, and so on is canon (although outdated), there were other Dramatis, where Carlos commented about, that is fan made. The Dramatis Personae Vol. II, the one launched this year, is also canon.

Most of the "important" profiles are done, (just Legion and Sigma left) after which I'll personally wrap up on the mass edits, as I've come to the conclusion that the creatures and such are minor enough that they don't really need to be urgently worked on, and would be better off either:

A, left with a note on the verse page saying the majority are outdated and unreliable

or

B, mass deleted and individually remade as decent profiles by whoever takes interest in any particular creature.

I'm fine with option B, there's no demand in profiles, we can delete them and nothing will change, and then take the time to re-create them more appropriately.

If is only copy-n-paste then is nor really difficult, but I still find less difficult to simply delete them, and if someone is interested, remade them in the future (although one rather create the profiles of those with both sheet and unique name, such those of the DP II).

Copy/pasting everything to a single sandbox and then deleting is a lot less draining than manually fine tuning every single profile yeah, which is the hopeful but not even guaranteed outcome of option A. It's honestly more likely that we just leave the note there and complacently leave the majority of profiles incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back