• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revisiting the Noth

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
Took a look at the Noth profile and noticed few issues, more notable those related to AP, that I'm correcting in the following sandbox:

The sandbox is a placeholder, in few things can altered while we discuss it here, although mostly everything is in check. For not make the job harder, I'll point up the current mistakes.

General
-Not list of resistances, something that all ABF profiles possesses (and according to few users, is indispensable).
-Lack of references and appropiated links.
-Speed justifications in general, we never dealt with the speed ratings since Edwelken never appeared to handle it. Although I can certainly justify a Supersonic+ rating due being faster than modern bullets, the Subsonic rating for the Ophanim is kind of wrong (simply avoiding attacks from a ranger in close combat does not means it reacted to something shooting, actually, the very book says is "easier" defending in these circunstance due simply moving aside of deflecting the weapon; plus, is also pretty explicit telling that for someone to be faster than arrows one needs to get an ability equal or above 280), and the other do not possesses a justified rating (they have due power scaling, but the other profile lacks links and such). Plus, it does not list the movement speed.

Ophanim
-There's no currently reason for it to scale to the Queen Hydra or the Ice Maiden, both creatures posses overall better stats, plus the 8-B part has no calc. Now instead, is scaled to what its stats allows it to do (that of course, not accounting with its durability negation attacks).
-Currently possesses Unknown durability, that is because, by numbers, it can hardly stand 3 direct impacts from its own attacks, and lore-wise it does not have anything better. If you consider this a gamey reason for that rating, I willing to change.

Principality
-The character to what is currently scaling is 2-C, and thus the 7-B rating is outdated. Furthermore, there's no in-lore reason for a Principality to scale to Zhoul Orgus. The other option is scaling to an Agni, but that needs to be backed up by sources. So whenever to Principality scales 9-B or Low 7-B is up to discussion.
-Its durability, similar to the Ophanim's, is left unknown, as it hardly resist more than 3 direct attacks from its own, and have no lore feat to back-up a
-Character linked as speed scaling is no more.
-Lifting Strength do not consider the lifting capability when using the Feats of Strength stats. They are added in the sandbox.

Potestas
-There's no real reason to make the Potestas comparable to the Filisnogos or Rudraskha (In speed? sure, and it can also damage it, but that can pretty well be done due them ignoring durability). In any case, one Potestas fought Kappel, and apparently its encounter was enough to "marked" the Messenger; however, the circunstances of the fight are unknown tous, as such I put the "Likely" (so basically, the stat remains,only the justification changed).
-As the Principality, it didn't expand the Lifting Strength value.

Other changes involve expending abilities and giving a summary. If there's any missing info, let me know and I'll changed it is appropiated.

I've made my issues with how NEP is being applied to the Noth very clear in the updating characters thread a while back. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for them to be anything but idealistically nonexistent. They are outright stated to be such and they have no connection to any force in the world, many of which are conceptual in nature, including the concept of duality as well. Simply put, the way they are listed in your blog is objectively incorrect.

The final part of the resistance section is redundant. Being able to harm a Noth due to high Gnosis isn't a weakness of the Noth, it's a property of high Gnosis.

I don't recall a ton of the lore for the Noth, so you'll have to get Ed or Crimson for that, but most of the other suggestions seem fine to me.

Additionally, I would highly recommend having someone comb through your blogs for grammar and spelling errors, because some sentences are so garbled I legitimately cannot tell what they are supposed to mean.

I understood that DontTalkDT didn't have any issue with the Noth's NEP, they were simply updated with the current NEP standards, that I believe its the same for all purposes (if not, welp, better call him here to comment about it again).

I'm quite of a speed writer, I'll correct the grammar every time I spot one (although, few powers are literally copy and past, I expected them to have the appropiated grammar and didn't pay much attention).

I understood that DontTalkDT didn't have any issue with the Noth's NEP, they were simply updated with the current NEP standards, that I believe its the same for all purposes (if not, welp, better call him here to comment about it again).
It ended up not being type 2.. nature, I think, the idealistic nonexistence one. Regardless, that's my problem. As I've stated here and on that thread, there is absolutely no reason for this to not be the case unless the lore books are lying to us, and we have no reason to believe that.

Last edited:
Hm, Transduality is outside my level of expertise, so better call for someone else to take a look at that.

In any case, I calling @CrimsonStarFallen and @Edwellken, and @DontTalkDT if has something to say about the NEP issue (does tagging this way even work if I do it?).

Hm, bothersome, and I just noticed that Crimson is in a break; and considering Edwelken abstention from the wiki, I think there's no other people out there that have a word on this.

Gotta message DT if has something to say about the NEP/Transduality issue, but highly doubt he have a word with everything else.

This looks like a case of we missed a profile when making the verse-wide edits tbh. But yeah this mostly looks good to me. Why would Principality scale to Agni again?

Also I agree with Hl3 about NEP.

Any potential scaling between a Principality and the Agni reduces that the first one can hurt the second one, but as I said above, a the Noth can damage any kind of being regardless of its natural or special immunities. Other reasons are due breaking up their stats, a Principality very well may survive direct attacks from an Agni, be due its natural weapons or through its more powerful magic, but the Noth lacks vulnerable points and is indivisible, it will not "die" in any other way except by taking a great amount of damage (note that, normally, one do not need to reduce someone to 0 LP or below to cause death or cripping wounds); aside, any damage caused by the Agni is halved against the Noth.

The NEP is already in the current profile (was the only thing changed after the verse-wide revision), I believe to change it again one would need to discuss it with DT or any other staff with the authority to change it, but it would need to be called here (and how we can see, DT do not seems interested in participating here).

It can be. I gave it 9-B due having a base damage of 100, enough to destroy a "huge stone" or a "stone wall" (not necessary in one one strike). This does not means it can't destroy any other harder thing tho, since as long a character can damage energy, it has guaranteed to damage whatever it strikes as long that one object or being do not have way more Presence than the attacker, or have any special protection or invulnerability. Of course, all those conditions do not apply to the Noth.

Last edited:
Back