• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would this qualify as light/laser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
You can check here to verify: Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats
It's called a laser beam. l Looks like light and is traveling in a straight line. Stopped by the guys abiltiy to manipulate gravity which light is affect irl. These are the things that could indicate it is a true laser. However, the bit it looking like light and being affected by gravity aren't part of the list. So only has two features:

1) Said to be a laser

2) Travels in a straight line.

I don't if that is enough for it to be considered a true laser.

AidenBrooks999 said:
The character that attacked has shown to have light manipulation before/after?
The character wasn't shown before or after any light manipulation, the only thing before he did was bite the top half of a body completely off. This moment is the only time he used this attack.

Also he doesn't show it after since he gets killed.

Though it doesn't meet any anti-Light criteria, but as the light dodging feats says, meeting the opposite of the criteria doesn't necessarily mean it is light, and I don't think this meets any of our requirements to be considered light, so I'm not sure we can use it as light,

Blahblah9755 said:
Though it doesn't meet any anti-Light criteria, but as the light dodging feats says, meeting the opposite of the criteria doesn't necessarily mean it is light, and I don't think this meets any of our requirements to be considered light, so I'm not sure we can use it as light,
Yeah it doesn't have anti-light requirements and only follows two of the light requirement, Idk how many it needs to follow to be accepted? It is affected by gravity, but that isn't a requirement.

Have you asked a few calc group members to comment here?

It doesn't meet any of the light requirements. Traveling in a straight line and being called a laser aren't considered criteria to prove light speed.

Well, I suppose that it cannot be used then.

Should we close this hread?

Blahblah9755 said:
It doesn't meet any of the light requirements. Traveling in a straight line and being called a laser aren't considered criteria to prove light speed.
Aren't they? Must of misread the page then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back