• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Downplay 2

Unrelated, but there's a question I have in mind. Does anime tend to be more blatant about how Superhuman their " normal human" characters are than comics and other media?

Andytrenom said:
Unrelated, but there's a question I have in mind. Does anime tend to be more blatant about how Superhuman their " normal human" characters are than comics and other media?
Yes

Plenty brought up Dedede being MSS in that blog to tbf

and yeah with SB that's all that needs to be said.

The Wright Way said:
"If Black Panther was so smart, he'd have just shot Thanos with a gun."
Saw someone on YouTube argue that the MCU's Thanos- u know the guy who straight up laid out the Hulk, was unbothered while being peppered with rockets, can chuck a moon with his shiny bling and was basically a walking natural disaster- would be killed by a team of trained marines.

To say the least I was dumbfounded.

Setsuna tenma said:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/composite-dragonborn-runs-a-gauntlet-1912037/?page=1

so much downplay of DB.Thank god their are some people who are not downplaying DB and ES in the thread
I mean throwing him against Kratos first round off this site was a stupid idea as Kratos both has all the hype on his side and the developers are a lot more up front with saying that their really powerful lore (like Lifting the cosmos) is literal because they want the characters to come off as being powerful as the characters are gods; other than that I always feel weird reading those types of threads. Like Geralt vs Link, Geralt curbs because speed despite nobody giving a speed feat for him in the entire thread; I mean why even bother reading it when you know looking at round one why everyone's going to say the Dovahkiin losses.

You guys act like the really crazy stuff of TES is common knowledge lol.

That's like me saying that people not knowing that Oryx has passive bullshit is them downplaying as opposed to just not considering the stuff that isn't really in the game itself so much as a dethatched lore.

I mean at the same time it's not really hidden you just need to pay a little attention, you'll gain a lot of knowledge from reading the quests and a few books. Plus the OP said

"The Last Dragonborn is Composite from games and lore."

With games, people often don't. I didn't look for the Destiny lore when I was playing the game the first time, that came around later.

If OP explicitly included that though then that's another thing/

I mean Destiny is probably the worst game when it comes to lore, because you have to go to a site outside the game and read the lore from cards (at least that's how it was with Destiny 1 don't know about 2), while everything you need to learn about TES lore is found in game, unless we're talking about the really deep stuff but that's a whole other thing that has nothing to do with the Dovahkiin.

I've seen people claim Naruto is only MHS+ and Planet level, when even Itachi has displayed blatant FTL feats and Kaguya should at minimum be Solar System

No? The only reason Itachi was killed off was beacuse he would stomp the whole verse and he was too op. I mean Yata Mirror can block anything.

/s

4-B Cosmic Armor Superman tells you when someone is incapable of critical thinking

Also seen someone unironically argue for Black Panther-tier Silver Surfer

Imagine not arguing 1-A black panther instead

10-C Hulk because he got defeated by a python.

9-B> for Goku, Superman, Saitama, etc because they cant beat Shaggy, who is an absolute god of destruction.

Back