• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worst Downplay 2

I've seen people say that Elder Scrolls mages are below average humans.

BE2866C3-CB8E-4DFA-A354-35515219CB8F
Remember when all average humans could vaporize other people, I mean how could you forget.

I remember this gem.

10-A Thanos, Star Lord and Mantis can hurt him. Reddit never lies.

Very recently I came across a new level of Undertale downplay,

11-A Frisk.

I think I get where it comes from. Due to the whole metafiction part. However instead of saying the IRL player is tier 2, the IRL player is 10-C to 9-C (depending on who plays the game) and everyone else is 11-A because they're just a game.

It's just what happens when you rate a metafiction in the context of reality as opposed to rating reality in the context of the metafiction.

@Wok Close. He said that since Frisk can only move his soul across 2 dimensions in a fight he is 2-D

Tbf He was trying to argue that SAVE and LOAD cannot be taken as canon without taking 2-D movement as canon. So I guess the statement isn't as ridiculous in context.

That still doesn't make a lick of sense. SAVE and LOAD are canonically referenced things that are integral to the plot. No where in the game is 2-D mentioned at all.

Hey, I said it wasn't as ridiculous in context. Not that it wasn't ridiculous at all.

Saw this gem yesterday: "Warhammer takes place in a single galaxy so the top tiers like the Emperor and the Chaos Gods are only galaxy tier even in the Warp."

Keeweed said:
I've already posted this on the last thread, but I don't remember anyone responding to it (people responses to the Jedi vs guns one). Remember when someone said our real life world could defeat the Galactic Empire.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWtKEh3B4Ec
What he acrtually means is that the Earth can "keep the Empire away" by making our soldiers hard enough for them to deploy too much resources on us.

Like even Allen Xie and Ben Hedges acknowledge the Empire could win very easily when:

1. a Sith Lord comes and mainpulates everyone

2. the Empire hacks into us before we do so

3. the Empire simply rain attacks from Dreadnoughts

The hosts are mainly mocking on the Stormtroopers, TIE Fighters and AT-ATs.

I mean even then I don't think we would even be able to scare them away; he said nukes would destroy the Imperial-class Star Destroyers but not only could they tank all our nukes but we would more likely just kill ourselves by doing that since we would screw our atmosphere if we blow up a shit ton of nukes up there. At-Ats also, even if low balled to high 8-C+ in durability, walk through all modern tanks. Conquering planets happens all the time in Star Wars so Earth being special because they put up a fight is absolutely ridiculous. That's why I hate videos like that they always are like "we could win" when majority of the time we get obliterated.

I already read a topic in comic vines from a guy trying to downplay beerus to Small Planet Level. He was really trying.

Others saying that Link is at most Peak Human and those like Sonic and Megaman are child level, possible lower, because they die just by touching spikes. Also, screwattack have some crazy downplay, like Tifa and Sonic being building level at best etc

I have seen so many people say "this person has no feats". When I watch the very first cutscene that character appears in they have a feat (an explosion at that). I've seen this multiple times and it is the most annoying thing. "They have no feats" yeah when you don't look for even half a second or completely ignore them then sure they have no feats.

I'm currently f*cking speechless at what I've been reading throughout the internet; once you go into the thought process of a downplayer it's like an all consuming Abyss.

Writer: "This guy can shake the world."

Guy: "No he can't because people can't be that strong."

Writer: "But I just showed you and told you he can."

Guy: "It's a hyperbole."

Writer:

570AA7A7-16E1-4BA0-825F-24CE580D0424

...why argue with the writer on that?

People can't be that strong is a terrible argument.

What does he think about any anime??

They were arguing with the lore not the writer (it's still just as dumb because it's the equivalent of a book saying "then that guy blew up the moon", Downplayer: "no he didn't because it breaks the setting"), but it was the most obvious thing and there was he video of the feat (one of the feats was blowing up a castle wall that everyone can clearly see happening that was also a gif on the thread but it didn't count because...)

People said the Grey Breads shaking the planet was poetic and that they only shook the Dragonborn and nothing else (literally nothing at all) despite saying and showing in game they shook the country and the grey beards were miles away from you when they did that (so unless they have super precious shaking powers I don't see how they could have only shook you).

Also "they cannot be that strong because it breaks the setting" despite the Grey Breads living in the mountains because they don't want to accidentally kill everyone.

Jackythejack said:
...why argue with the writer on that?

People can't be that strong is a terrible argument.

What does he think about any anime??
He actually said an anime character can't be faster than Mach 2 because that's too fast...

(The characters entire move set is based off being fast)

Wall level+ transonic Berserker on Spacebattles this one time... which is one of the reasons I stopped bothering with Spacebattles.

Iceassassin25 said:
On Reddit somebody said Prince Laharl was casual star level
well to be fair until recently we had laharl with a high 4-C key. though I have seen people say Tyrant Valvatorez was at best building level, and caped at supersonic speeds.

Back