• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Worm Removal Thread

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
So it's been said by Wokistan that, according to Parahumans (Verse)'s creator, Wildbow, Worm is but a draft, and Wildbow has expressed interest in changing or even deleting different parts if he were to actually publish.

We've kept games such as Yandere Sim and Deltarune off for being unpublished, and unlike simply ungoing series, Worm isn't even officially published yet and may still be changed.

Discuss.

As a Web Serial, it is a complete story, just, it's going to eventually... at some point, be turned into a proper novel (Or a ton of novels considering how utterly gigantic it is). Yandere Sim and Deltarune both have incomplete stories, with Yandere Sim's development being a gigantic can of worms I'd prefer to not dive into, and Deltarune itself just being Chapter 1 of a bigger story. Worm is several arcs, all of which begin, have a middle, and eventually end, with it's main character going through a complete journey. ending in my extreme sadness

So I don't think it should be deleted, but whenever it comes out, the novels themselves should take precedence.

Dunno if it's a troll but bleh, opinion given

DMUA said:
As a Web Serial, it is a complete story, just, it's going to eventually... at some point, be turned into a proper novel (Or a ton of novels considering how utterly gigantic it is). Yandere Sim and Deltarune both have incomplete stories, with Yandere Sim's development being a gigantic can of worms I'd prefer to not dive into, and Deltarune itself just being Chapter 1 of a bigger story. Worm is several arcs, all of which begin, have a middle, and eventually end, with it's main character going through a complete journey. ending in my extreme sadness
So I don't think it should be deleted, but whenever it comes out, the novels themselves should take precedence.

Dunno if it's a troll but bleh, opinion given
If Wokistan is correct, then it's still unfinished and may face drastic changes. I see no reason to disallow one and keep another.

Do you not see the colorful names under the supporter section you can't remove a verse staff actually like that's not how it works

For a serious answer, I'd be personally fine with deltarune, but yeah it's not really different from other web serials in this regard except that he's trying to publish as actual books at some point. You could take out any future prospect of him changing it up and it would stand on its own as a work just fine. Hell Ward arguably does too, since it seems to be almost finished. It's not exactly comparable to the alpha that is yandere sim, which is reflected in how he makes like an actual salary on patreon off his writing.

There's always the tried and true methods that protect SCP, being the sunk cost thing and being pretty much grandfathered in. Wastes a bunch of time invested for no real benefit to remove it, and it's also pretty common in the greater vs debating community, especially on spacebattles and such.

Wokistan said:
Do you not see the colorful names under the supporter section you can't remove a verse staff actually like that's not how it works
For a serious answer, I'd be personally fine with deltarune, but yeah it's not really different from other web serials in this regard except that he's trying to publish as actual books at some point. You could take out any future prospect of him changing it up and it would stand on its own as a work just fine. Hell Ward arguably does too, since it seems to be almost finished. It's not exactly comparable to the alpha that is yandere sim, which is reflected in how he makes like an actual salary on patreon off his writing.

There's always the tried and true methods that protect SCP, being the sunk cost thing and being pretty much grandfathered in. Wastes a bunch of time invested for no real benefit to remove it, and it's also pretty common in the greater vs debating community, especially on spacebattles and such.
Well, we could remove it, or keep it. I don't care.

But if we choose to keep it, we should establish we are willing to keep even semi-unfinished verses of the ilk, if popular enough.

That being said - the fact is, unpublished or not, it's not often that authors say they plan on going back to change features of the story, such as deleting chapters. If I've read your words correctly, you said Wildbow has noted such.

The main suggested changes are that there was a two year timeskip that wasn't liked very much by the fans or by wildbow, and he had mentioned wanting to write in more material of what happened over that time at some point. There were also like, two instances that were quickly retracted after publishing but there's never been a chapter deleted long after the fact, and it's not like retcons disallow a thing anyways.

That alone sounds pretty suspect, but I wouldn't be opposed to keeping it. The rules just need to reflect keeping it, no?

I'm not sure why him eventually elaborating on a timeskip would be against the rules. Comics and stuff get more severe retcons all the time. This wouldn't even really be a retcon, unless it contradicted stuff that was said to have happened or whatever.

I don't really care either way for worm. I'd say that you guys always describing it as "unfinished" to be kinda super misleading in that case.

But regardless no Deltarune, since that's just allowing profiles for demos of games, which is no no. Just be patient you *****.

Wokistan said:
I'm not sure why him eventually elaborating on a timeskip would be against the rules. Comics and stuff get more severe retcons all the time. This wouldn't even really be a retcon, unless it contradicted stuff that was said to have happened or whatever.
Moreso the fact that he's expressed willingness to alter things and how, unlike 'web serials', this is very strictly a draft rather than a final, published copy.

This sounds similar to a lot of Web Novels that become basically drafts to more polished Light Novels. Seems fine to keep it if it can stand on its own.

From what I understand the main revisions which might happen is the time skip being expended upon, I don't see why it's a big deal

Why is FF7 its own verse

Elaborating on what happens between a time-skip would be considered extra content, like a tie-in for comics, or a DLC for games.

... Legit though, retcons and whatnot is already super typical for fiction we're still perfectly fine keeping on the site, and this seems more like they're adding to the story, as opposed to severely altering it. And even if they plan a severe alteration, it doesn't seem that reasonable to immediately yeet the entire verse out the window, considering that, not only is it totally unconfirmed, but also pretty normal.

I really doubt there will be massive alterations considering the author would need to then change Ward

Wokistan said:
Why is FF7 its own verse
Because Nomura can never let us have peace and they keep expanding on what was already a slightly confusing but still decent story

Though, while we're here, can we just take a moment to appreciate that an editor legit wanted Wildbow to open the first book with "TAKE THAT, YOU WORM"

DMUA said:
Though, while we're here, can we just take a moment to appreciate that an editor legit wanted Wildbow to open the first book with "TAKE THAT, YOU WORM"
And this's why Wildbow is the writer and not that editor

This is like asking to remove a verse because a remake is in progress (and scheduled for release after an indefinite number of years later); it should just adjust it to be more in-line with the remake.

It is more straight-forward to argue whether web-based publications should be rejected as verses, which won't prove popular.

"Take that, you worm," Emma said.
~ World of Parahumans: Worm - Published Definitive Editio​

I meaaaan

It probably shouldn't have been made in the first place, but if it already has profiles I geuss it can stay until the book comes? InsteD of nuking it and then restoring it later

Just to add, if Worm is actually published one day, and it turns out to be widly different from the web serial, we can just handle how we do with Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ke, where we make profiles for both the web version and the formally published novel due to their many differences.

> But if we choose to keep it, we should establish we are willing to keep even semi-unfinished verses of the ilk, if popular enough.

I dare say that a ton of verses on here are semi-unfinished. Most manga series are currently ongoing pieces of work that sometimes get revisions between magazine and volume formats. OPM is particular is an unfinished webcomic which is getting remade by the author into the OPM manga, and even that gets revisions whenever Murata feels like updating a chapter.

Back