• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Applied the legend changes, put the regen at at least high low. However, I'm still on the side of mid.

"I can turn that right around and say that, considering the size of the Titans, there shouldn't have been anything left of his head if it didn't hit him in the right way. Considering that, I don't think it's unbelievable that he didn't sustain brain trauma that would indicate Mid regen."

I mean, that would still be mid, and we do know he's regenerating lol. With Legend, we don't see him get hit and regenerate in the same time, we see Legend healing himself from damage he had already taken and flying around in a laser prism when he needed to heal even more. Skadi's hit on him seems to have been separate from the head incident.

If you hit his face from the top, Legend still has bones and shit. Things will pull on other things, you'll get a lot more damage out of that. We know it was deep enough for the eye socket.

However, I think there's a bit from an earlier quote everyone, including me, missed.

"Legend, approaching from the side, flew to the stage. When he looked over the crowd, a slice of his face shimmered in rainbow hues, with smokey waves rolling off the top and back of his head. An eye like a perfectly round white disk ringed by darker colors sat where his eye was supposed to be."

Smokey waves from his healing are rolling off the top and back of his head, meaning there would have have to have been damage there. This makes it seem more likely a titan chopped into him or otherwise hit him hard enough for a total skull fracture, which would not be a nice thing for the brain to endure.

Well Dargoo's decided to resign so

Can we get a response to his points on 4D shards and stuff?

Finished Worm, and I am 3/4th of the way through Ward. Noticed some things that should be added:

Leviathan gets Water Creation for creating (technically teleporting, but semantics) four or five times of his body weight in water with minimum movement.
He didn’t rise. He twitched, lashed out with his tail, dashing three already tattered buildings to smithereens, then gushed with water, producing four or five times his body weight in water without even moving.​

Behemoth gets Magma Manipulation for shooting magma projectiles shaped to be aerodynamic.
The glowing projectile swiftly grew in his perspective, giving him only a second to brace himself before it crashed down on the wall of forcefields.​
The wave of heat was intense, even on the other side of the barrier. It seemed almost liquid as it spilled out over the edges. In seconds, they were surrounded in flame. The forcefields sealed it off, prevented superheated air from burning them alive, but the viscosity meant it was resting against the forcefield.​
Magma?​
[...]​
Without even thinking about it, he trained a laser on it. Others were doing the same, or following suit. The glob of magma, still mid-air, was separated into loose pieces, no longer as aerodynamic as it had been. It expanded, fell short, disappeared into the cityscape between them and Behemoth.​

He also gets Air Manipulation since his kill zone is described to lack air to breath.
He closed into the kill area, and he could feel the heat touch him. It heated the armor, but didn’t reach him. Usher’s power at work. He tried to inhale, and found no air. Choking, he forced his mouth shut.​

And Explosion Manipulation since he created an explosion to propel himself mid-air after Scion threw him.
Behemoth slammed his claw into the glowing hero, and the shockwave tore him free of Scion’s grip. Scion followed him with a glowing sphere of light, and Behemoth redirected his fall, generating an explosion in mid-air, hurling himself towards the assembled crowd.​

Echidna is straight-up subsonic, since she can accelerate to 80 MPH at a moment's notice, and climb skyscrapers at the same speed.
My bugs flooded into the area, to give me a better sense of what was happening. I caught Noelle stampeding toward a tall building. She had been in the blast radius, and she hadn’t slowed down. I hoped she hadn’t slowed down, because she was damn fast.​
She wasn’t in Leviathan’s speed class, but she was moving at the sort of speed I might expect from a car on the highway. Maybe the comparison wasn’t so apt, because she was a living thing. Like a predator, she shifted from a standstill to eighty miles an hour in a heartbeat. She was more like a rhino than a jungle cat, though, and she was ungainly. My bugs could track the vibrations of her footfalls better than they could trace her outline, and I could sense how her movements weren’t synchronized. There was no pattern to how her legs moved; rather, it was as if each leg had a mind of its own.​
Still, the sheer power of her movement carried her forward, while having six or more legs meant she always had several feet on the ground for balance.​
She reached the base of the tallest skyscraper in the area and scaled it just as fast as she’d moved over ground. Chunks of concrete were pulled and clawed away as each of her feet found or made footholds. The debris fell in her wake, but her movement was steady and unfaltering.​

Alexandria gets Accelerated Development, since her Thinker power lets her learn skills and knowledge quickly, and this is her namesake. She also gets Empathic Manipulation since she can sense emotions (through body language) and uses this for predicting actions and manipulating people. Sensing emotions is also mentioned as part of her mental augmentation 'power set' in the cast summary.
Alexandria – Second in command of the Protectorate. Flies and has enhanced strength, a virtually invincible body, eidetic memory, and senses emotions. The triad of flight, strength and invincibility recurs often enough, in enough variations, that it’s often referred to as ‘the Alexandria package’. Runs the team based in Los Angeles. Member of the now-disbanded Triumvirate.​

Taylor gets Resistance to: Analytical Prediction, as channeling her emotions through her insects, alongside her Passenger becoming more active, made her body language give Alexandria false readings and allowed Taylor to look far calmer than she actually is. Wildbow confirms that this is why some Thinker powers fail against her, including Armsmaster's lie detector, Cherish's emotion sense, and sometimes Tattletale's analysis.

<Wildbow> Alexandria set up a perfectly arranged situation, aimed at cornering Taylor and effectively gaining control over her as a playing piece. It had nothing to do with moral event horizons. Her psychoanalysis and read of Taylor was perfect, but she wasn't dealing with just Taylor.​
[...]​
<Wildbow> Taylor defies being read, and actively fools powers and senses, because of the way her mind works.​
[...]​
<Wildbow> Nah. See, look at it from Alexandria's perspective. She wants to provoke a reaction, push Taylor to the state she was in pre-undersider, where Taylor is withdrawn, beaten down, and desperate. She wants a degree of lashing out, but in the ineffectual 'Carrie school shooting' sense that Taylor was approaching in chapter one. Alexandria and the tools were in place to deal with that.​
<Wildbow> Had taylor broken, raged out, in the sense of chapter one, they would have had a scapegoat for everything that happened in Brockton Bay. She could have tapped Cauldron resources and been on the alert. But Taylor offloaded all cues to her shard. She appeared far calmer and more subdued than she was, Alexandria calibrated her approach with this in mind, and things tilted off differently.​
<Wildbow> Taylor was absolutely not a killer at that stage, unless she had a reasonable target, and Alexandria presented herself as that target. Alexandria looked at Taylor, talked to her, and saw someone different. All of the profiling and information worked -against- her.​
<Wildbow> Much like Contessa stumbling when her path to victory fails her.​
[...]​
<Wildbow> Well, she was, but leaning too heavily on a thinker power can screw one up when the thinker power isn't equipped to analyze a problem.​
<Wildbow> (See basically every thinker in story)​
<Wildbow> By presenting herself as a target, knowing who Taylor was [note: broken knowledge], gauging Taylor's state [note: broken gauge] and being able to anticipate the attack as it came [note; broken thinker power/read, again] she would have turned the situation around into a massive victory.​

[Who else had a bad read on Taylor?]​
Armsmaster's lie detector.​
Cherish gets a partial read on Skitter, but extrapolates wrong. Jack remarks on this on two occasions, especially how (he feels) if the read had been correct, he could have convinced Taylor to kill Battery.​
Powers set aside, she expresses frustration at people misreading her motivations, especially at the meeting with Accord/Valefor/the Teeth. Virtually everyone around her has trouble grasping what she's doing and why: her dad, Emma (most recent encounter), D&D, Grue, even Tattletale at times.​

Not much, just that she also has a normal handgun, which she later replaces with a PRT issue laser pistol. So Energy Projection.

Ward Spoilers: Victoria Dallon
Victoria gets Paralysis inducement, since her fear aura at full strength can stop a grown man in his tracks (though she bluffed that she can go higher). A similar effect happened to Skitter early on.
I pushed my aura out as hard as I could. The mass of flesh withdrew into itself. The breaker stopped.​
I stared down at the changer-in-flux. A mess of hands, a mess of legs, teeth, fleeting facial features.​
My aura radiated intense fear and awe, enough to stop grown men and monsters in their tracks, and in the midst of it all, I felt that melancholy.​
“This?” I spoke. “What you’re feeling is a four. The dial goes up to ten.”​

“Nobody ***** with my family!” she shouted, and her power cranked out full-bore. My knees turned to jelly and my brain just gave up on rational thought. Glory Girl threw Tattletale at me like a very strong child might throw a rag doll, and I just stood there like a deer in the headlights.​

Her weakness section should mention that the original shape of the forcefield exists for 0.1 seconds before expanding into the Wretch, and she can use this for a burst of strength, or to maintain the original shape by constantly turning the forcefield on and off though this requires concentration.

She also has a superior flight speed feat of following a train moving faster than 100 MPH without a forcefield.
He climbed over the railing and jumped, while the train was going well over a hundred miles an hour.​

She gets Enhanced Vision, since Kenzie gave her team tinker-tech lenses that grants night vision, zoom-in function, an HUD that displays messages, and automatic blurring of Mama Mathers for protection.
The lights went out.​
-That was us– the message on my display read. –cuz guards-
I saw the silhouettes of Cryptid and Coalbelcher, and hit the latter, three times, with two of the hits in the same spot and the third hit aimed at his leg with Wretch strength added in, because a power with that much output had recoil and he couldn’t handle recoil without legs.​
[...]​
“You can see in the dark,” he remarked. “So can I.”​

My vision in one eye blurred.​
Automatic blurring, because Kenzie had tech resistant to Mama Mathers’ profile. I hurried to turn my gaze away, because I only had tech in the one eye. Slivers and flickers danced in my peripheral vision. I tried to keep an eye on Valefor, and her hand slipped into my view, blurred and pointing my way. Telling him where I was.​

The tech in my eye changed settings without my requesting it. Tweaks to the night-vision, then a zoom-in, which combined with the wind to create a sensation closer to helplessly falling than anything I’d experienced to date, and that included having my flight or my ability to control my flight taken from me while I was a hundred feet above the ground. Mostly because the Simurgh was what I felt like I was plummeting toward.​

The lights went out. The outlines that were drawn out in gold momentarily traced the Fragile One, naked and many-armed, with a chest splayed open. Then, like the cameras in our eyes remembered that they weren’t supposed to be capable of seeing the Fragile One, they stopped tracing her.​
“Yeah,” I said. “I dunno if you saw her in the night vision lens, but…”​

Also, should she get Teacher's anti-Master drugs as optional equipment?

Imp gets Social Influencing since she used her powers to torment others into mental break downs and committing suicide. She also gets Electricity Manipulation since she carries Regent's scepter. Recorded footage being degraded should be Limited Technology Manipulation.

Ward Spoilers: Lung
Lung gets Resistance to Empathic Manipulation since it is stated that attempts to alter his emotions with powers always results in an output of more anger.
I’d fought Lung before. He was the very first bullet point in a handful, when it came to the fact that some people really hated emotion powers. Which was fair- I still felt something small twist up inside me when I even thought about Snag’s feeling-of-loss attacks. But Lung was part of the handful I’d fought where I could input fear and get anger. Dean had run into the same thing, with emotions other than fear returning the same output.​
Some people, especially those of a more feral stripe, just processed things in a different way. The upside was the tactical advantage in it, if I could adjust my expectations fast enough.​
The downside was that I had to make that adjustment. Most of my costumed fighting experience was that my enemies would hesitate, get sloppy, or back off, but Lung, like Bitch, like the cooler but still dangerous Krieg or the seemingly unflappable Victor who would still act differently when under the influence of my power, attacking faster and more recklessly. They were the people who were angry at the world, or those with the natural predisposition to fight rather than fly.​

She is missing Enhanced Senses for some reason. She also gets Chain Creation [Metal Manipulation + Creation] since as Flechette she had a tinker-tech pack that generates chains she can attach to her bolts with her powers to create a grappling hook. Also Acrobatics since she can run on tightrope.
It wasn’t something she did often, but after too many steep ascents followed by steep descents, she bridged a gap to a more distant building with her chain, forming a horizontal tightrope, and ran along it.​
Shadow Stalker was waiting for her when she got to the other end. She did her best not to pant for breath.​
“Don’t you run out of chain?”​
Flechette turned, reached over her shoulder to tap her back. “Tinker teammate back home specializes in replication and cloning. Small pack back here consumes energy from a small fusion battery to create a steady supply. I’ve also got a kit back at the base that makes me a fresh stock of bolts.”​

Acrobatics. Also Hacking since he can possibly crack the encryption Saint set up for Dragon.

Bonesaw mentioned some of the weapons she has in her interlude:
“I’m not a pushover, you know,” Bonesaw said. She stabbed a finger in the woman’s direction.​
It would be so easy to fire a poison needle into her throat.​
[...]​
Bonesaw bristled. Mechanical traps, spring-loaded needles and venom venting systems readied throughout her body. She let the bags drop to the ground.​
The woman didn’t attack. Instead, she turned to leave.​
An empty threat?​
She debated firing her hollow needles at the woman’s back. But if she missed, she’d be largely unarmed. She’d have to get even closer to use a venom spray, or poison spit, or her telescoping humerus with flesh dissolving acid capsules beneath her fingernails.​
I was tempted to say that the acid capsules implies resistance to Acid Manipulation, but replacing arms isn't a big deal for Riley.

She should get a key for Bastard buffed with Lab Rat's formula, as he was holding back Scion with Lung (though the part not protected against Miss Militia's super bomb seems to be vaporized). Along with the Master resistance stuff.
Bastard, in the distance, rose to his feet.​
He’d swelled in size. Was still growing. Rachel remained where she’d been, kneeling in a pile of his blood, as he tore forwards.​
Crashed into Lung, making a sound more like an extended grunt than a growl or a roar.​
Lung practically picked up the dog, throwing it at Scion.​
It wasn’t additive growth. I could see how the dog swelled. Lab Rat’s power had to tap into something to create the flesh. Had used my blood and bone. Except it was tapping into the same things that Rachel’s power provided. Mass.​
It was like a limiter had been removed altogether. The can of worms cracked open. Muscle, rippling. Claw. Horn and bone. Calcified flesh. Like water from a waterfall, tendrils and body parts raining down from the lump that clung, snarling from many different mouths, to Scion. All one connected mass, incoherent.​
Scion began burning through the flesh, making headway against the growing monstrosity. Glaistig Uaine shot him with Queen of Sword’s ability yet again.​
They were driving him away from the settlement, and that allowed some capes to use powers they’d been unable to. Miss Militia stepped up to the plate, a cape flanking her.​
Her power, to create the bomb. Ten and a half feet long.​
Without even being asked, the Simurgh caught it with her telekinesis and flung it. Scion dodged, and the Simurgh moved the bomb to ensure it hit the target.​
The cape beside her used his power to contain the damage, to direct it outward, skyward, to shield us from sound, light and shockwave.​
The clouds had been struck from the sky.​
What remained of Bastard, cut free where the flesh dangled below the erected barrier, fell into the water. It continued to spread over the Bay’s surface and creep towards the beach.​

There should also be a mention that the mutant dogs are acrobatic, like running horizontally on the walls of buildings, and doing consecutive wall jumps.

Ward Spoilers: Goddess
Her Self-Sustenance Type 1 is unjustified as it is not part of her power set. Sure she 'flew' a long distance underwater, however this can easily be done through an air pocket. On that note, Goddess is occasionally seen creating a bubble of telekinesis (visible against rain), so the Self-Sustenance gets replaced with Underwater Breathing (Type 4).

Also, Goddess is the only Parahumans character with a profile that has a (Parahumans) paranthesis. For consistency, should the profiles with (Worm) get renamed, or do we just use (Parahumans) for characters that appear in the sequel?

Ward Spoilers: Glaistig Uaine/Valkyrie
Ciara gets Weapon Mastery, as she uses rifles alongside her flock/squad, and she doesn't expect them to miss undeliberately, which implies training, and her aim was described as true against a group of soldiers so she is skilled herself.
The soldiers that had gone down the slope were none the wiser. Valkyrie approached within fifteen paces of them, then raised her rifle.​
It was only right that she kill, when expecting it of her soldiers. She knew which of her flock would kill and which might aim just off to the side, so they could claim loyalty and let their consciences rest easy.​
[...]​
As others died, one by one, her own side holding firm while the enemy dwindled, she inhaled and exhaled steadily. Calm in the storm, in the endless thunder of more than thirty weapons going off. Then twenty weapons.​
Her hand was steady, her aim true.​
She had her rifle in one hand and a shield in the other, and she held her ground, shield out in front. When there was a pause, she brought her rifle around, firing off a series of shots. A bullet came close enough to touch her costume, though it left her untouched.​

Description of her power is a bit wrong as she can summon more than three spirits; but summoning more than three spirits results in reduced power. She is seen summoning six spirits without need for Eidolon, and she likely avoids summoning Eidolon to begin with since his Shard is almost dry and it is costly to fill it up.
The four shadows appeared in a half circle behind her. Cleo, trailing behind, found herself right between Leadletter and Esclavage.​
[...]​
The shadows she’d already called out felt the appearance of the fifth of their kind. They would feel a fraction weaker and slower. The net loss was much greater, but she did have Cleo, Voltrage, and Edgeless.​
[...]​
The skirmish that followed was quick and brutal. They were matched in numbers, but Valkyrie’s number included ten parahumans, eight being members of her flock, and six shadows, the power shared out among them to allow for greater number, intimidation and distraction, at the cost of less raw ability.​
[...]​
Almost instinctively, another spirit deep inside her shifted, agitated. Eidolon. David. The man’s battery was nearly spent, and the cost of replenishing it was high.​
Stirred to life by the mere mention of his long-time opponent.​

It is confirmed that she can kill Parahumans by touching them... or touching a manifestation of their power (probably how she killed Gray Boy); she killed a warlord by touching a projectile he fired, though the projectile burned her fingers.
He can’t get away.​
I want to fly, she thought. A shadow lurking within her responded, and it lifted her up.​
The crystal jolted into motion, going from zero to two hundred miles an hour in an instant. She only barely intercepted it, her fingers grazing the surface, bending painfully and burning at the brush with the light.​
But she made contact with something. She held onto that something with her power.​
He flew away, and a part of him stayed behind. He made it a few hundred feet before the power quit on him.​
His body tumbled into the sand, the gas mask coming loose. He didn’t reach for it, scramble, or gasp in pain at the poison he was inhaling.​
For all intents and purposes, he was in her grip. She’d taken his life the moment she’d made contact.​
She let that glimmer of life and the simulacrum of power and personality settle into being. A shadow.​

Ward Spoilers: Blindside
Twisting away cameras or disabling them should be Limited Technology Manipulation.

Lifting Strength should be recalc'd and upgraded as throwing Behemoth 200-300 ft in the air should be a Class M feat. We can use a trajectory calculator for the calc such as the one mentioned in Garp's calc.

Shards can do a lot of things associated with souls, but it stands that the existence of souls is unknown within the verse. There is a statement from Wildbow that likely settles the debate about soul manipulation resistance; he states that Contessa can beat a soul manipulator with PtV if she can exploit the person doing the soul manipulation, implying that the soul manipulator can potentially kill her.

How do you think Path to Victory would interact with probability manipulators? Fate manipulators? Plot manipulators? Mind readers?

I'd argue the weakness in all four cases is in the manipulator/reader side of things. The human/conscious/functional element of it is the weak point, like the human element of any computer security is the easiest point of access. Anticipate the person/person's objectives and beat them to the punch.

Generally speaking, mind readers are more vulnerable to her (see four words reference in OP, 'why don't you put the world in a bottle, superman?'), her power can keep up with and anticipate the changes to fate and probability, and a plot manipulator might be able to win, but would depend on particulars.

[...]

Does Wormverse have any way of harming souls?

Souls don't come up. When it comes down to winning vs. her with soul harm/death/manipulation, same general answer as probability/fate manipulation. The soul manipulator is vulnerable on the manipulator side of things, not elsewhere.
Source
So yeah...

The topic of speed is interesting. So there is nothing saying that Battery has variable top speed; she only has variable charge time to use her powers.

Battery – Member of the Brockton Bay Protectorate team. Wears a skintight costume with circuit-board stylings, can charge herself up, trading each second of charge for several seconds of enhanced speed, strenght (lol typo), invulnerability and electromagnetic manipulation.
Cast

Battery (Deceased)– Had the ability to pause to let herself charge up energy, expending it to trade each second of time spent charging for several seconds worth of invulnerability, super strength, super speed and electromagnetic repulsion/attraction. Acquired her powers from Cauldron, and was ultimately asked to assist the Slaughterhouse Nine as part of her contract with them. She was going against her orders when she was slain by one of Bonesaw’s spiders. Battery wore a skintight costume with a ‘circuit board’ style pattern on it that glowed as she charged up.
Cast (In Depth)

Her power let her charge up as she stood still and concentrated, with every second spent charging giving her a few seconds of greatly enhanced speed, some extra strength and some electromagnetic powers.
Hive 5.3

Thanks for the reply, now I had one more. Battery, can she only hold a charge for a short time, or does she have an upper limit she reaches quickly? Does she try to avoid the upper ranges of her power to avoid killing people when she hits them?

She can't hold the charge for all that long, and it does require that she stand still or hold to a simple pattern of action (walking, ok, running & changing direction a lot, not so much).

She has an upper limit she reaches after about 7-12 seconds.

She's adroit enough that she doesn't need to hold back on her power to avoid hurting people.
Source

So Mannequin keeping up with a subsonic speedster and a duplicator at the same time is impressive.
This can also upgrade Rachel's dogs who have a couple of statements of being fast enough to outrun cars (one of the statements implies that this includes police and PRT vehicles chasing them, and the other implies that the dogs are more useful for escaping than cars). The statements were previously dismissed as 'cars that are not speeding and not in the highway'.

Angelica bolted, nearly unseating me, as she made a headlong run into the absolute darkness. I was on a creature more than twice the size of a horse, without a saddle, and she wasn’t suited for riding in the same way a horse was. I had one foot resting on a horn of bone that jutted from her side, while the other dangled. My hands were gripping the straps we’d fitted her with, the only thing from keeping me tumbling backwards, head over heels, as she lunged forward at run that would probably outpace any cars on the road. Not that there would be any cars. The police and parahuman response teams would have the area blocked off around any potential cape fights. To make our escape all the more terrifying, I knew the dog couldn’t see. She was following Brutus by scent, and Brutus was going by Grue’s directions. The blind leading the blind.
Agitation 3.12

I’d consoled myself with the fact that we had a pair of massive, muscular steeds that could outpace any car you’d see on the street, and Mannequin was limited to his two legs. The thing was, somewhere around the point where he stopped trying to evade my tripwires and my bugs and picked up speed, when he really started moving, I realized he was actually faster than the dogs.
Snare 13.3

Some obscure speed feats that can upgrade the reaction speed for non-speedsters.

1- Clockblocker tags Leviathan while he is mid-charge​
For several long heartbeats, it was nearly quiet, but for the sound of rain, people’s noises of pain, mine included, and the sound of one of Kaiser’s iron columns ripping free of the wall and falling atop a pile of blades.

It took me a second to realize what had happened. Leviathan hung frozen mid-pounce, and his emerging afterimage similarly stood there, frozen in time. In the midst of the afterimage was Clockblocker, half-immersed in water.
Extermination 8.3

2- Trickster reacts to and swaps himself away from Sparkgun/laser rifle projectiles. Seeing this, Fleechete found it unreliable to use her crossbow (which we have seen her use to pin people through their clothes and shoes), and throws a handful of darts at him, which he swaps with small stones and pieces of wood. From the Traveller backstory, we know that Trickster swaps objects one by one, and while he can sense the weight of objects he is never described to have enhanced reflexes. Kid Win also seems to have similar reactions with the sparkgun/laser rifle. This is also an argument that the tinker-tech gun Mannequin dodged has at least speed comparable to a crossbow.​
Kid Win wheeled on the spot to raise a square-nosed pistol and fire what looked like a brilliant blue flare at Trickster, but the teleporter swapped positions with him. Kid Win ducked the moment he was teleported, but he still got grazed by his own shot, blue sparks showering off his armored costume, small arcs of electricity dancing briefly around the metal joins. Sundancer created her flaming ball – small, but still far too bright to look at – and sent it after Kid Win. The young hero scrambled for cover, dropping his gun in his hurry to get away from the superheated orb. Flechette moved to shoot, then reconsidered, threw a handful of darts at Trickster instead. The darts disappeared in midair, and splinters of wood and small stones dropped straight out of the air where they had been.
Sentinel 9.3

Weld dropped from the wall for the second time in a matter of minutes as the restraints intended for the woman’s corpse tore free of the concrete. Vista reshaped the wall to ease his descent. Kid Win raised his laser rifle to fire at Trickster.

Dumb. He regretted it the second his finger left the trigger.

As he predicted, he found himself somewhere else in the blink of an eye, and the impact of his own gunfire slammed into his back, intensely hot. He threw himself to the ground at the base of the building, where water pooled, rolling so his back was submerged.

Sentinel 9.4

3- Weaver dodges attacks from a mini Bohu, who moves almost too fast to be seen.​
Then the camera’s view shifted as I freed myself of the spikes I’d so narrowly avoided –mostly avoided-. I took two steps forward, and then threw myself to the ground as a figure sprung from the wall, a woman, moving so fast she could barely be glimpsed. The camera veered again as I rolled on the ground, avoiding two blades that plunged from the underside of her ‘body’ to the ground, punching into the earth.
Scarab 25.6

4- Foil tags Chuckles, who moves fast enough to look like he is teleporting.​
In that same moment, Chuckles made an appearance. He moved so fast it was almost as though he teleported, appearing beside the two girls. My bugs barely had time to make contact and try to get a sense of him before he was moving again, holding the two villains this time.

They jerked to a stop. I felt a fraction of the same confusion Chuckles no doubt did. I sensed his arms, extended to ridiculous lengths. He realized they were caught, bound to the computers. Too entangled to take along.

And then he was gone, out of the building as the hand struck home. Two floors crushed, the two villains crushed with them.

Tecton had provided the calculations on what the building could withstand, I’d provided the general data and information on where the hostages were. The damage was controlled, the hand crashing a specific, certain distance into the building before coming to a halt.

Bitch and Foil tried to intercept Chuckles just now as he left the city. He escaped, but Foil hit him with one shot,” Tattletale said.
Sting 26.2

5- Golem dodges an attack from Chuckles, and tags him.​
The clown drew one arm close, folding the elbows, then lashed out with a surprising speed, extending the elbows all at once.

Golem let himself fall face-down on the rooftop before the fist could connect, unsure if he’d even be able to rise.

The clown laughed, a discordant sound, as if there were a different voice for each syllable of the utterance.

Super speed in the head and legs, super strength in the chest and arms. He had to deal with perceiving the world too fast, unable to communicate. Only managed to teach himself to make a sound like laughter. Kind of.

Went crazy. Like Purity’s going to.

Already, the clown was preparing to strike again, planting his feet, rearing back, and condensing one of his accordion-arms by folding all of the elbows.

Theo reached into the ground, creating a large hand from beneath Chuckles. He closed the fingertips on a single point.

Chuckles crumpled, but Theo’s grip between his legs was strong enough to hold him upright. Hanging limp, in too much pain to move, Chuckles giggled. A strained sound.
Interlude 26b

6- Ward Spoilers: Victoria reacts to hit-and-run attacks from a Fallen speedster who moves like a blur, blocks some of the attacks and counter attacks.
I saw movement. A blur. I moved away, ready to raise the Wretch, and as much as I could raise my defenses as fast as I could put my thoughts together, the attacker was fast and I hadn’t anticipated being blindsided.

The hit was hard, and the only reasons it wasn’t harder were that it hit my armor, at least partially, and I was moving back and away.

[...]

Wretch out, I punched one woman- hit statue. I pulled the same arm back, elbowing the one behind me- only for her to become statue just in time. The one in front was already moving out of the way of any follow-up attack, the Wretch grazing her, making her stumble a little. She still moved too fast for me to give chase.

She attacked relentlessly, and with a speed sufficient that the Wretch only blocked one in three hits. I could use some basic fighting sense or flying away to protect myself against another one in three, but it still left a gap. One or two hits made me stumble. Another cracked me hard enough across the side of my head that I momentarily couldn’t make sense of what I could see.

I connected one hit, then followed up with a swing, Wretch active, hitting the ground hard enough to send a spray of stones, dirt clumps and mud at her. She went statue and attacked me from behind with her other self, but when I retaliated, the original self had to shake off the residual mud.
Pitch 6.4

Last edited:
idk how everyone else feels but I'm not a huge fan of adding 2 dozen upgrades on top of an almost-concluded CRT. imo you should just make another CRT after this one concludes with your suggested additions.

Almost all of the additions are minor with no expectation for them to be controversial. If there are controversial points, they can be shelved.

Also, there are disagreements on speed, immunity to soul manipulation, and 4D shards which are awaiting discussion. So I wouldn't say the CRT is almost-concluded.

Last edited:
Well Dargoo's decided to resign so

Can we get a response to his points on 4D shards and stuff?
I was just gonna drop the 4D shards thing and forgot to actually announce it.

Guess I'll read shadow's posts now.

As for shadow's bit:

Alexandria shouldn't have empathic manip. Her emotion detection is off reading unconscious cues due to thinkerness, and her manipulation is just via normal manipulation as opposed to a special power here.

The Taylor thing was already in my OP, but I had it as a resistance to info analysis since it also threw off some other stuff than just Alexandria and that's what her brand of body reading would be classed as.

As for Victoria I'm actually writing up a respect thread for her that can later be adapted to fix her file, but your stuff def helps with that. Although I do have some questions:
  • Where does the forcefield being normal for a tenth of a second come from?
  • I agree with powers via Kenzie's stuff, but I think those should be optional equipment. Same for the gun Dragon makes her.
  • I would have to disagree with counting Teacher's anti mindhax drugs as optional equipment. She doesn't exactly have access to a consistent supply of those, she just happened to find out about Teacher's plan to undermine Goddess and took advantage of it. Still gets a degree of resistance via being a master though.

Can we get a source on Imp using Regent's taser? It makes sense to me that she would keep it around but it's always good to have something to reference.

I don't think a proper tier can be given to amped bastard. Scion was still tearing through it, it was just huge and rapidly expanding so he stalled. MM's bomb we don't know the yield of, so I can't do a calc with surface area to see how much it could take.

I did (Parahumans) because she's barely in Worm and is really a Ward character. I agree something should probably be standard but I don't have much of an opinion on what for now.

I'm gonna take a break for a little bit, get to the speed and souls stuff afterwards. Anything up to there I did not comment on I agree with.

@ShadowWhoWalks

Can somebody summarise the conclusions so far here, along with anything that you might need me to validate?

Most of what is suggested seems to be accepted, with major disagreements awaiting discussions with speed (whether Entities travel speed translated to combat speed/reactions, Titan speed, and Mannequin's speed which could upgrade the low tiers), whether Parahuman characters possess souls and whether they are affected by Soul Manipulation, and whether the nature of Shards is 4D.

Victoria quotes:
The slow was wearing off. I had only a moment. I flew to the others, grabbing them, dragging them away. Sveta and Capricorn. Capricorn had a grip on Rain’s arm, so I brought Rain too, my fingers straining as I tried to hold onto three people for just a moment. I’d never tried or even thought about it, but in the instant, I pulsed my forcefield on and off, to try to keep the Wretch from getting enough of a presence to reach out and hurt anyone.
I just needed to carry them for a few seconds.
Shadows 5.12

I saw the first one, and I flew at them, fingers dragging against skin until I touched a strap. I grabbed it, brought out the Wretch, and used the Wretch’s strength to toss them skyward.
Bursts of strength, letting the Wretch start to emerge, but not letting it unfold to its full breadth, reach, and intelligence.
Pitch 6.1

I pushed out with my aura, and I saw his expression change- bewilderment, not fear. He didn’t let go, though, and I had to turn to using the Wretch.
Just a burst of power, taking a moment of strength. As far as I’d been able to tell, when I activated my forcefield, it came from me. It hugged me, but only for the one tenth of a second that it was in contact with my skin and costume. The trick was using it in the moments before it unfurled. One instant of strength that could lift a car or punch through sheet metal.
Polarize 10.13

Flying, I circled the battlefield, blocking off her view for moments, timing my changes in direction for when she couldn’t see me. I passed the section of building that she had already damaged, and pulled away a chunk of concrete.
The Wretch seized it as I held it, tore it from my hands, and I had to cancel the Wretch and fly with the chunk to catch it again.
Bursts of strength, to maintain my grip, to get leverage, and keep that chunk alive, without letting the Wretch unfold.
Blinding 11.11

---

Also, some early tech lenses feats including seeing through walls, and seeing through security cameras, and a map function.

The wicked multi-pronged thing appeared in her hand. She looked around to make sure the coast was clear, then extended it into my head. I could feel it, a glimmer of sensation, a blorb sort of feeling in the fluids of my eye, a sting of a tickle in cavities at the back.
Then my vision distorted, like I was looking through an inch of water, and clarified. I could see images and text. Outlines visible through walls, highlighting guards, cameras, and power lines. The field of view of each camera was plainly visible, and as I looked at a camera, I could see a crosshair focus on it. Staring at it for what I guessed to be two seconds snapped my view so I was looking through it.
Breaking 14.11

I looked down at the floor, then closed my eyes for a few seconds. In bold, crisp yellow, words and symbols appeared across the pink-black of my closed eye.
I selected ‘map’.
I saw the map of the complex, and it moved somewhat unintuitively, as my eye motions panned around the complex, shifting my focus as if looking at something distant to look at lower floors, shifting it to look at something closer to me to look at the upper floors, which were mostly grayed out rooms with question marks.
Dying 15.1

Imp quotes (turns out she also has a normal taser which she uses regularly):
“There’s a lot. I could dispatch them one by one, but that would take forever,” Imp said. She had a baton, a black stick topped with a horned silver crown. She made it crackle with electricity. Not one of the guards’, it was her own. It slapped against her palm. “Right room has a cape in it. My team takes that one, I can take the guy out to start us off.”
Dying 15.1

And Imp stuck her with the scepter she held.
The woman dropped, falling backward.
Dying 15.4

----

The grenade had been of the nonlethal variety, but not quite a flashbang. The gathered soldiers were reeling, stunned, and Imp was crouched by the only one who was still conscious. She drew a taser from her sleeve, tagged him, then stood. She had one of the PRT’s grenade launchers slung over one shoulder, the flamethrower-thing in one hand, and the taser in the other. She handed off the grenade launcher to Regent, then put the taser away, holding the flamethrower.
Parasite 10.4

Everything went into a compact black handbag, along with her taser and knives.
[...]
Aisha yanked the knife out and then gripped her taser.
Interlude 13½

Imp stood over Night, holding a taser.
Colony 15.2

“I warned you. Warned you what you were in for if you let my brother down. So do I use the knife, make it quick?” she drew a knife. Then she drew her taser with her other hand, “Or do I stick you with this until you stop using your power? Then we can find some place where you don’t have your bugs, and take the slow option.”
Monarch 16.12

Trickster collapsed to the ground. Sundancer and Genesis turned, confused, and Ballistic caught Genesis with a spray of pellets. She dissipated into gory wisps of whatever substance formed her body.
Sundancer was only just creating her sun when she collapsed as well. I could see Imp bending over, prodding the bodies. Über, Leet and Chariot backed away as guns turned to point at them.
Monarch 16.13

Imp drew her knife with one hand and her taser with the other. She paused a second, and then charged for Regent and I.
Image 21.3

A distance away, Imp appeared, electrocuting Spree with a jab of her taser and bringing an end to the stream of duplicates.
Imago 21.6

Behind Seir’s living self, Imp appeared. She jabbed out with a taser, and she touched only the shadow that he left behind. It swung a punch, and she ducked, backing away as four of the ten active shadows turned on her, surrounding her.
Pitch 6.1

---

Social influencing stuff

“Imp. She’s the one who makes it a game, to psychologically and mentally torture gang members who step foot in her territory, until they have mental break downs.”
Cell 22.3

“Yeah, no, not falling for that one again. So, Nero, Why don’t we get this dialogue moving, and you give me the answers I want, or you can get shivved from behind like your second favorite emperor.”
[...]
Imp used her power, disappearing and then reappearing in quick succession. Not enough to be forgotten entirely.
She drew in a bit of a breath, then launched into it. “Why don’t we get this dialogue moving, then? Give me the answers I want, or the only instruments playing at the end of this story will be your voice. Screaming.”
Teneral e.2

“Oh, sure, I can leave little dolls all over someone’s place, in less and less obvious places, until they snap, I can steal someone’s pants every time they go to the bathroom, I can even, on occasions that warrant something above and beyond, use a knife on someone and leave them wondering what’s happening to them as they bleed. But I ask some soldiers to babysit some orphans, and oh, now I’m little miss evilpants.”
Interlude: End

“Heartbreaker slit his own throat after Imp tormented him for long enough. Everyone freaked out.”
Infrared – 19.g

Okay. What has been accepted can probably be applied then.

We back and we looking at the speed feats.

Clockblocker: With him not being a brute/mover and leviathan being among the fastest characters in the entire setting, I'm really not a fan of saying clockblocker has hypersonic reactions or whatever just for managing to graze Leviathan as he jumps. Remember that Leviathan is huge and that this wasn't exactly a clean use for Clockblocker, as he was pretty badly hurt and was out of the fight after that stunt. I think it makes much more sense for that to just be off him managing to get close enough to it without it paying too much attention, or sneaking in in the chaos of Leviathan's rampage.

Trickster: Trickster also claimed he could react to bullets, teleporting his team so they get shot by their own gunfire, so that stuff works fine as support for him given Foil would get the subsonic combat speed off of March anyways. However, as you said we do know he has a Thinker side power of some sort based off the whole mass and shape thing, and we know of several combat thinkers with similarly enhanced reflexes. Add on how bullets are a rather real threat for most (Taylor specifically says she can't dodge them, Fume Hood being shot, Fallen and Teacher thralls using a lot of guns, etc) and that nobody really outspeeds his reflexes, I don't see how this scales out to not him.

Taylor: Her bugs do function as a pseudo clairvoyant power as is which already lets her keep up with faster people than her to some degree. It's also responsible for her unnaturally good aim with a gun and her swarm sense is also known to be so good she forgot she was blind because she was just using that. She even has a specific thinker designation because of sensory info off bugs. There's also that something hard to see isn't necessarily bullet speed, as anyone who's gotten sucker punched can tell you. I bet there's a way to get her to superhuman reaction speed but it is another thing that is her specific.

Foil: Chuckles is a legit speedster, though idk how fast he is because I've never looked too closely at her feats, but Foil also just already has the subsonic combat speed and a super aim power. Another case of neat feat for her, but not scaling out.

Golem: It's only chuckles' legs that have a mover power, as noted by the quote in your bit. Brute powers do still confer movement speed here though, as we can see though Battery and how Taylor interprets her speed as just coming from her super strength letting her move herself around faster. Neat feat for him but idk exactly where it would go because I'm not terribly familiar with Chuckles feats.

Victoria: I think your quote got cut off, but yeah good feat for her. She's also kind of already superhuman in speed though. The train feat is a good catch, I didn't notice that on my non feat focused read through of Ward.

Imp and speed unrelated Victoria quotes look good.

I trust Wokistan's sense of judgement, but am not a good person to ask regarding this subject.

Back