• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Woody woodpecker Existence erasure resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So while I was gone this CRT was made to remove Woody’s resistance to existence erasure, needless to say I find the OP’s arguments to be flawed.

The fact that it only affects the background and none of the characters is fundamentally wrong when we literally see characters in the set prior to the erasure and Woody and the penguin are the only ones alive, but no one else is shown to be alright after the erasure.

The argument of Buzz drawing a line also makes no sense when the visual showing is literal erasure, he didn’t draw a line to mess with Woody, plus it doesn’t remotely refute the people not being present, which Occam’s razor points to them being erased. The train tracks being there alongside the shark is Buzz doing alternate methods to kill woody, running someone over with a train and feeding them to a wild animal is not something I’d consider to “annoy” the character when they’re pleading for their life. All in all I disagree with the thread and advocate for the resistance to come back.

From this page.
  • When creating content revisions, it is essential to ensure that the topic has not been addressed previously. Rejected content revisions cannot be resubmitted within a short period of time (typically defined as within 3 to 4 months), except in cases where a staff member has a good reason to do so (e.g. important unconsidered information, violation of site standards or flaws in a calculation). This only applies to threads that have received extensive debate or have been rejected due to a clear conflict with the wiki's rules or standards. If a thread passes or is rejected without significant opposition, then opposition should not be restricted from making a point.
Your counter-argument is the same one that was used in the previous thread and was rejected by the staff by accepting mine instead of the opposition's. It is dishonest for you to try to invalidate the votes by making this thread addresing the same points, I will not even debate so I will let you be the one to close this thread.

Although the rule specifies "rejected thread". I guess we can say it is equivalent to "rejected" argument/premise, since you are pursuing the same rejected argument in my previous CRT into this new CRT of you, making equivalent and valid the rule for rejected content in previous threads.

In conclusion, this argument was rejected by LordGriffin1000 DarkGrath Dereck03 Planck69 by them agreeing with my premise after reading all the arguments. And yet with your disagree it would be a 4 vs 1, 1 admin, and 3 thread moderators vs 1 thread moderator, so you were still outvoted.

Last edited:
despite the fact some of the folks flat out said they wanted to wait for my input and again, there was no refute to the point that actual living people in the scene were erased, you glossed it over despite it going against your own point.

" This only applies to threads that have received extensive debate or have been rejected due to a clear conflict with the wiki's rules or standards. If a thread passes or is rejected without significant opposition, then opposition should not be restricted from making a point. "

Just pointing this out, its from the rules.

Okay, you argue that only 2 random characters that we saw in the background were erased, but this all stems from the point that Buzz only erased the background (and they were part of the background) and left Woody, since Buzz's target was him not anyone else, plus we saw that in a previous scene, and what buzz erases is another scene, that's was the new argument? it doesn't prove anything though.

For woody being the only target for buzz he sure did a bang up job erasing everyone else from the scenario. Again we literally even see the erasure go through Woody’s spot during the singing and yet nothing happened, unless you wanna stretch to the extreme that he wasn’t affecting woody despite the intent of the scene and what he accomplished this argument doesn’t hold up.

So while I was gone this CRT was made to remove Woody’s resistance to existence erasure, needless to say I find the OP’s arguments to be flawed.

The fact that it only affects the background and none of the characters is fundamentally wrong when we literally see characters in the set prior to the erasure and Woody and the penguin are the only ones alive, but no one else is shown to be alright after the erasure.

The argument of Buzz drawing a line also makes no sense when the visual showing is literal erasure, he didn’t draw a line to mess with Woody, plus it doesn’t remotely refute the people not being present, which Occam’s razor points to them being erased. The train tracks being there alongside the shark is Buzz doing alternate methods to kill woody, running someone over with a train and feeding them to a wild animal is not something I’d consider to “annoy” the character when they’re pleading for their life. All in all I disagree with the thread and advocate for the resistance to come back.
bump

My stance in the previous thread was that it seemed like a resistance since we see the eraser go over him but we don't see the guys reaction to it not working then he's setting up something else. Obviously there is no way to accurately prove if Buzz actually just ignored Woody when erasing everything but it's whatever to me, if majority want to treat it as resistance to EE then I don't really have much else to say.

bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back