• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In "Woody Woodpecker (Original)" you missed an "e".

It became "Woody Woodpcker (Original)"

To reforce your argument, the classic ep are mentioned in the new series (2018), more precisely: The Screwball (1943) and Red Riding Hoodlum (1957)

Honestly, we have the episode where Woody says he should go back to the original, and he turns into the first version, and he says "wrong decade".

We have these fan things commenting on episodes of the original cartoon.

And we have this thing that one episode was actually just TV staging, so any inconsistency between the Woody web series and the original can be explained by that.

And the fan thing reinforces that it was a real TV series, since they say "like the episode from that time"

If we manage to make all versions of Woody a single profile, are we going to make keys?

For example:
Keys: Woody Woodpecker Show | The New Woody Woodpecker Show | Woody Woodpecker

Because despite being the same (if we can do that), there are still decades of difference.

It would depend on how consistent it is.

Since in Looney Tunes, mostly everything doesn't contradict the overall universe minus a few spin-offs here and there, a good percentage of everything can fall into a single mainline profile. For example, toons remember Space Jam, they remember named theatrical cartoons specifically, and it generally takes place in the same setting under Warner Bros.

In Woody's case, I would say for the strongest argument you have, you need to have Woody reference old cartoons and remember them. I don't think it would be enough to just say that he remembers when he was an old cartoon and not reference any of his classics directly. In Looney Tunes, both in classic and in modern, they stick to the actors canon. Woody needs to be the same way. Both need to subscribe to the same theory in order make it totally sound.

If this is not the case, Woody can be separated into separate profiles altogether since they're different iterations of the same character, kind of like how Mario and Spider-Man's profiles are.

In Woody's case, I would say for the strongest argument you have, you need to have Woody reference old cartoons and remember them. I don't think it would be enough to just say that he remembers when he was an old cartoon and not reference any of his classics directly.

Would that be enough to prove that the woodpecker is the same across versions?

We have him literally transforming into the original version when he says "I have to go back to the original"

We have him literally transforming into the original version when he says "I have to go back to the original"
I meant referencing his classic cartoons and their events like by name. For example, in Tiny Toons, we have namedrops of stuff like Knighty Knight Bugs and Duck Dodgers and whatnot.

Interesting.

and If we merged the original with the 2018, wwe can use this as evidence to plot hax
I can imagine
EDIT 2: And that Plot Hax wouldn't even be the same one Woody uses in that designer world. Since this would be something that happens in his favor and not that he does

This without going into the designer world

I have a list of abilities and resistances of both versions in a sandbox to be added.

Do you want to make the crt of merging the versions and I of the skills?

the sandbox

EDIT: He doesn't want to get into the Low 1-C thing and the designer world now.

I can imagine

EDIT 2: And that Plot Hax wouldn't even be the same one Woody uses in that designer world. Since this would be something that happens in his favor and not that he does

This without going into the designer world

I have a list of abilities and resistances of both versions in a sandbox to be added.

the sandbox

EDIT: He doesn't want to get into the Low 1-C thing and the designer world now.
If I'm busy, I can do both with no problem.

I just have one little problem......... I'm run out of CRT's. Because of the new rules a user can do 4 CRT's per time, and I already has 4 CRT's actives

Discussion Rules:
  • A member may have up to four active content revision threads active at once, no more than two of which can be about the same verse.

I just have one little problem......... I'm run out of CRT's. Because of the new rules a user can do 4 CRT's per time, and I already has 4 CRT's actives

Discussion Rules:
  • A member may have up to four active content revision threads active at once, no more than two of which can be about the same verse.
You can do it, but don't forget to put all evidences in OP
So I'm going to leak this. Before publishing, I will post the text here.

The evidence is 3 right? The 2018 one becoming the Original, that whole thing being a show + Woody's fans talking about the Original episodes.

Is there anything else?

So I'm going to leak this. Before publishing, I will post the text here.

The evidence is 3 right? The 2018 one becoming the Original, that whole thing being a show + Woody's fans talking about the Original episodes.

Is there anything else?
I think so, it is.

I remember when I was going through the old episodes, there was one that showed that Woody is a movie star

Then you have some solid connections to make your proposal.
You can do it, but don't forget to put all evidences in OP
Hello

Introduction

Hello, in this crt I will be trying to join some versions of Woody Woodpecker into a single profile. I will try to argue that these versions are the same character.

If this is accepted, possibly there will only be one profile of this character, as there is still the version of the "New" series and the version of the film, which I will not talk about in this crt because I have not yet gathered evidence.

But first, what would those versions be?

Well, Woody Woodpecker has three series.

Woody's current profile comprises three versions of the character. These three versions are from the same show, the first, "The Woody Woodpecker Show (1957–1997)". Because these versions are from the same series, I think it's undeniable that they are the same character.

What I'm going to try to do with this crt is to argue that Woddy's versions of The Woody Woodpecker Show (1957–1997) are the same character as the version Woody Woodpecker (2018–present).

So I don't keep repeating the long names, I'll do the following.

When I say the Original series, I will be talking about the The Woody Woodpecker Show (1957–1997).

And when I talk about the 2018 series, I will be talking about Woody Woodpecker (2018–present).

Arguments
Argument 1
Let's go with the first one, which is the most direct to the point.

In an episode of the 2018 series, Woody becomes muscular, so when he "deflates" to return to his normal form, he says "I have to go back to the original", and then he becomes the first version of him, the 1940, which belongs to the Original series.

He even says "Oops, wrong decade"

(The minutes are in the video link)

Argument 2
During the Time Warped episode of the 2018 series, Woody ends up traveling through time, and during these trips, he meets some of his fans.

But what would be interesting about these fans? It's just that they comment on old episodes.

They say things like "He's doing part x of episode x". More precisely, they comment on the episodes The Screwball (1943) and Red Riding Hoodlum (1957), which belong to the Original series.

(The minutes are in the video link)

Argument 2.5
Okay, why "2.5" you ask? Because it's just additional evidence for argument 2.

Does Argument 2 imply that the Woody Woodpecker series were TV shows, and that Woody was perhaps acting in them?

Well, watch the video below.

The minute you should watch is "00:00 to 1:10"

This episode is pretty meta to tell you the truth.

This could be an argument that any inconsistency this show has with the original could be because Woody was playing that show.

Do you think this is good for the crt?

I found some sites with Woody comics.

They range from issue 16 to 200.

There must be a lot of stuff there.

Only vsbattle censors the link, in addition to the sites having many redirects, ads, pop-ups and that thing of opening pages.

This make sense

And about the video that I sended? ^^
Could you help me with one thing? When or if the crt to join the versions is accepted, could you help me to put the 2018 woodpecker picture in the profile?

Speaking of which, what do we call the profile in the ()? Just leave Original or Original/2018?

-----------------------------------------
Also, I have a Sandbox with some skills and a draft of the Low 1-C arguments (nothing too big since I don't have any Low 1-C experience)

I know Homing Attack is already in the profile, but I'm going to create a tab with Equipment. So I looked for a Homing Attack feat from Woody that doesn't use specific equipment for that.

I know Homing Attack is already in the profile, but I'm going to create a tab with Equipment. So I looked for a Homing Attack feat from Woody that doesn't use specific equipment for that.

Also, what do you guys think about the drinking gas thing? Would it be resistance to poison manipulation?

1a7c6ae648532f99018d99f7fce5f502.jpg

Calling it now, even though I'm starting to wonder if Woody has a way to get through Bugs' High-Godly Regeneration, Negation Resistance for such and already impressive hax (perhaps I should make a minor CRT for his additional non-physiology abilities to get even).

Otherwise, this seems like a close match-up in my eyes, after looking up your sandbox (going with Mickey VS Felix much more for the mouse, assuming any incarnation ends up being 9-A).

Last edited:
Back