• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wonderful World question: Is Eldio Gajurale Psychic, or can he just read souls?

After putting in a key word for his weapon: þ▓¥þÑ×

I got a lot of results for translation; remember, I am working on revising the Powers & Abilities for this verse among other minor things, so I'll be brief:

spirit, psychiatry, soul, ethos, mentality, & mind.

That's all I got for all translations. However, these could imply Eldio (Wonderful World)'s Psycho Edge weapon is not only Spirit Sensitive, but maybe even Mind Sensitive, & Psyche Sensitive. Not sure about Ethos, but If Eldio can read all 3 parts, I'm sure he deserves a minor upgrade, pulling off a JoJo when Jotaro Kujo had Younger Darby read his souls, read minds, & go scare even those into being psychologically unstable. Here's Ethos' main definition:

The character or fundamental values of a person, people, culture, or movement.

Wha? He can use Psycho Edge to read a whole culture of people, much less a movement? BTW: Ethos' Rhetoric definition states:

A form of rhetoric in which the writer or speaker invokes their authority, competence or expertise in an attempt to persuade others that their view is correct.

Oh... GOD. It's official, Eldio (Wonderful World) is a Telepath & Empath in one with this. I'm just, shocked...

Opinions? Maybe I was wrong about removing Telepathy?

When using þ▓¥þÑ× (Seishin), you should look very carefully on the context it is being used.

That's all i can say really. But it doesn't mean his weapon is Mind and Soul Sensitive in the same time.

Also where does ethos come from? Seishin = Mind, Soul, Spirit, Heart, Intention

Sou kaa.

While the primary translation states "Spirit", One other translation states "Mind"; do these two have some kind of connection in particular besides having the same Kanji base?

As for Ethos: It was actually a legit translation in one translation site... :/

Odd, I know...

But if the common translation in this case is Spirit Sensitive, what does that do for Eldio? Sense spirits within individuals? BRB...

(Types crap for awhile & found...)

Sucks it's not of our wiki...

Now I'm finding out how a spirit works... BRB (Again...)

(Looks up Spirit...)

Spirit is often used metaphysically to refer to the consciousness or personality.
~ Wikipedia's Spirit Page​
So, basically, Eldio can sense our consciousness (Which implies the mind...), and can read the personality of a target. If this is true, just comment, please.

Back