• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

"...Very, very intriguing." Yuri murmured. She wasn't exactly unfamiliar with technology that could scan atoms, but the soul itself...? A new field of study for her entirely.
"Normally, technology cannot interface with something as... fundamental as the soul, but as a prototype, it is likely effective for the time being." Hyde said, nodding

"Aim this end at yourself and push down on the center. I'd be careful of side effects." Hyde responded, motioning to the end with a beam-like structure on it, the end that was facing Hyde
"Huh... Alright." Yuri murmured. She followed Hyde's instructions, and the device flashed for a few moments, before various bright cracks appeared within it. The cracks were of varying color, and of varying brightness- Either the device had malfunctioned, or failed to function to begin with.

"Huh... Alright." Yuri murmured. She followed Hyde's instructions, and the device flashed for a few moments, before various bright cracks appeared within it. The cracks were of varying color, and of varying brightness- Either the device had malfunctioned, or failed to function to begin with.
"Interesting... the material is not yet able to withstand scanning the soul, yet the power source is." Hyde said, clearly having expected the material to fail miserably

"Interesting... the material is not yet able to withstand scanning the soul, yet the power source is." Hyde said, clearly having expected the material to fail miserably
"I think both of those things are about to go haywire, Sir...!" Yuri exclaimed. The tablet began to shake violently, the cracks that had formed within it beginning to brighten with each passing moment- It was clearly extremely volatile, as if it was about to go BOOM.

Back at the entrance, Ashe paced around the cave opening, humming idly to himself. It was a sailor's song, one he would hear his father belt sometimes during his merrymaking. He was gradually getting better at walking, a fact which pleased him greatly to notice, his steps growing ever so slightly more natural, though he doubted he would reach the level of his allies anytime soon.

"....Sure is nice meetin' all these new folk." He thought to himself. He was grateful that they all seemed rather kind...though their appearances were rather strange.

"...I didn't even know how could be blue...that one girl's got locks like the sky above..." Ashe thought.

While pacing, he absentmindedly glanced into the forest around him, wondering if he could spot anything interesting without venturing too deep.

"I think both of those things are about to go haywire, Sir...!" Yuri exclaimed. The tablet began to shake violently, the cracks that had formed within it beginning to brighten with each passing moment- It was clearly extremely volatile, as if it was about to go BOOM.
"Indeed." Hyde said, simply grabbing a hold of it and dropping it into a very small portal

"A pure, albeit dead, soul makes for a volatile power source, to complete such a scanner, I'd need much more durable materials and a... refined process" Hyde absent mindedly said, pulling a purple Orb out, clearly another soul in the same vein as the last one, and began to pull strings on it, as if experimenting with it

Back at the entrance, Ashe paced around the cave opening, humming idly to himself. It was a sailor's song, one he would hear his father belt sometimes during his merrymaking. He was gradually getting better at walking, a fact which pleased him greatly to notice, his steps growing ever so slightly more natural, though he doubted he would reach the level of his allies anytime soon.

"....Sure is nice meetin' all these new folk." He thought to himself. He was grateful that they all seemed rather kind...though their appearances were rather strange.

"...I didn't even know how could be blue...that one girl's got locks like the sky above..." Ashe thought.

While pacing, he absentmindedly glanced into the forest around him, wondering if he could spot anything interesting without venturing too deep.
Kuthaliara crept up on Ashe completely silently, hovering slightly off of the ground, before saying loudly "How's it Going?!"

Hikaru sat down near a wall a pulled out his talisman. His shikigami seemed to be healing properly which was a relief. From there he closed his eyes and began to focus, trying to see something about the groups future.

"Indeed." Hyde said, simply grabbing a hold of it and dropping it into a very small portal

"A pure, albeit dead, soul makes for a volatile power source, to complete such a scanner, I'd need much more durable materials and a... refined process" Hyde absent mindedly said, pulling a purple Orb out, clearly another soul in the same vein as the last one, and began to pull strings on it, as if experimenting with it
"Um... Yes. You have much fun with that, Sir." Yuri said, bowing deeply. She smiled awkwardly, before slowly scurrying away.
"Woah..." he says in amazement.
"Hold your amazement back for a moment, and keep your guard up..."

The duo (or trio if Setsuna ever responds) entered the realm, the door closing behind them automatically.

It was not to different from the forest above the cave- The scenery was nigh-identical. The minor differences were what stood out; All of the leaves and foliage being a glowing blue color, the minute grains of blue and crimson sand rising from the ground, and the... enormous tree in the distance, it's roots extending an extremely sizeable distance- Garnished with a scarlet gash that had been carved into the trunk.

"Um... Yes. You have much fun with that, Sir." Yuri said, bowing deeply. She smiled awkwardly, before slowly scurrying away.

The duo (or trio if Setsuna ever responds) entered the realm, the door closing behind them automatically.

It was not to different from the forest above the cave- The scenery was nigh-identical. The minor differences were what stood out; All of the leaves and foliage being a glowing blue color, the minute grains of blue and crimson sand rising from the ground, and the... enormous tree in the distance, it's roots extending an extremely sizeable distance- Garnished with a scarlet gash that had been carved into the trunk.

Loka sighs.

"Of course, there'd always be partypoopers..." he said, before performing stretches.

Loka sighs.

"Of course, there'd always be partypoopers..." he said, before performing stretches.
"I already told you there would be danger, kiddo. Don't get in my way- This is important business." The old man said, beginning to walk towards the large tree.

Hyde nodded, letting her scurry away
Ashe froze, his eyes growing wide in surprise until he recognized the voice that had spoken to him.

"Oh! I'm doin' fine, miss. Just strechin' my legs a bit." He said, flashing her a soft smile.
"Come on, you can drop the formalities, just "Kuthaliara" is fine, hell, you could even make nicknames!" Kuthaliara responded, smiling back at Ashe, letting herself drop onto her feet

"What the hell? Are those supposed to be trees?" Jack questioned as he looked on in amazement and fear.

"Excuse me..." A female's voice said from one of the deeper, shadowy portions of the cave. "But have you all died?" She asked to those who were deeper in the cave (not those at the entrance).

"Come on, you can drop the formalities, just "Kuthaliara" is fine, hell, you could even make nicknames!" Kuthaliara responded, smiling back at Ashe, letting herself drop onto her feet
"Oh! Alright, Kuth....Kuthuh....Kuthalie...." Ashe began. He paused, not quite knowing how to pronounce a name that was, in his mind, quite strange.

"...Can I call you Kuth, then? As one of them...nickname things..."

A gasp could be heard as the blonde woman stepped out of the darkness. "This is amazing!" She said. "I mean-...tragic of course...but still...wonderous...." She said. Her speech reflected the fact that she was a woman of many scattered thoughts. She then walked closer to Drew specifically, getting a better view of his head. "That's strange..." She then turned to Tom. "And you...did say twice correct?..." She muttered. "I thought I was strange..."

A gasp could be heard as the blonde woman stepped out of the darkness. "This is amazing!" She said. "I mean-...tragic of course...but still...wonderous...." She said. Her speech reflected the fact that she was a woman of many scattered thoughts. She then walked closer to Drew specifically, getting a better view of his head. "That's strange..." She then turned to Tom. "And you...did say twice correct?..." She muttered. "I thought I was strange..."
"Yes, before I die in the earth, I died again when I becoming an apostle, not before or after it, I literally had to die and be thrown into hell or limbo to get this power"

"Wait a minute so...are we immortal?" She asked. "I mean, if I- not that I want to- but if I too were to be thrown into hell...do you think I would come back too?" The woman asked...she hadn't been here for too long herself, so she figured it didn't hurt to try and see if another apostle had such an answer.

"Wait a minute so...are we immortal?" She asked. "I mean, if I- not that I want to- but if I too were to be thrown into hell...do you think I would come back too?" The woman asked...she hadn't been here for too long herself, so she figured it didn't hurt to try and see if another apostle had such an answer.
"no, i think it is something me, so i cannot say that we are, shit, God dude say that is not truely hell"

"Oh! Alright, Kuth....Kuthuh....Kuthalie...." Ashe began. He paused, not quite knowing how to pronounce a name that was, in his mind, quite strange.

"...Can I call you Kuth, then? As one of them...nickname things..."
"Kuth, I thought of Kuku earlier based off the God I'm the apostle of, doesn't really matter Ashe." Kuthaliara responded, clearly understanding of his less then stellar pronunciation of things

"I don't believe you'd be back if you fell in this second life, if that's what your asking." Drew responded

Hikaru blocked out the others around him and continued to focus. The one who brought them to this realm decided not to explain many things so any information he could divine would be useful.

"Kuth, I thought of Kuku earlier based off the God I'm the apostle of, doesn't really matter Ashe." Kuthaliara responded, clearly understanding of his less then stellar pronunciation of things
"...Kuku...I...I can go with that." Ashe said, flashing her a smile.

"...Don't ya wanna go in with the others? I didn't think anyone else would stay behind." He said.

"...Kuku...I...I can go with that." Ashe said, flashing her a smile.

"...Don't ya wanna go in with the others? I didn't think anyone else would stay behind." He said.
"Like I said, I don't like to be in caves, they limit movement and can throw you for a loop with one misstep. Plus they're hard to escape if anything goes wrong, since there's only one way in or out normally." Kuthaliara said, her smile fading a bit as she explained herself to her new Fuckbuddy friend

Yuri sat in an isolated corner of the cave, not listening to whatever conversation was going on. Instead, she'd manifested a book into her hand: There were no pages, no words in it. "Did you used to write in a journal to, Ms. Nightingale...?" She murmured to herself- She didn't seem to be talking to anybody but herself.

"I suppose I could... record my experiences here, then. Thank you for the advice, esteemed ma'am." Yuri nodded to herself. She began closing her eyes, with the empty book open... slowly, though, light would begin to manifest within the empty book. The light would slowly manifest into pages, slowly connecting to the stem of the book.

"Hehehe... yes... this is quite enjoyable..."
"Welp..." he shrugged, with Loka slowly following the old man.
The old man sighed, "Whatever, I suppose..."

They eventually came right up to the base of the tree, where all the roots had gathered and protruded from the ground. A small totem of sorts was erected there, with various arcane engravings etched into the black wood, which glowed a gentle blue.

"Don't say anything while I do this... don't even move."

Back