• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

"We're gonna try to open this heavy ass door!" Jack answered with some snark, clearly being influenced by this newfound strength.
"Uhhh, eeeeekkk!"

She was looking left and right as wants to know what to do.

"Huh, why are you staring and doing nothing? You weak or something?" Loka asked, giggling at the thought.

"I, uh, no sir, I'm not... Though you yourself aren't doing anything though..."

"Well, what does your lil' trumpet do? It sure must be connected to the power they gave us...

Am I wrong?" he asked, taking off his glasses for a little bit, revealing a set of mysterious, mesmerizing, yet powerful eyes as he stared deep into her soul.

"Uhhh, ermm..."

At this point, she had nothing to say, knowing only how to play her trumpet.
"Eh, why not. Just give me a sec, kay?" Jack replied. With that, he stood in place, activating his Ultimate Offense ability. He could feel his blood pumping dozens of times faster than usual, sending a shock throughout his entire system greater than any experience he had had previously. It was as if his heart was about to explode from his chest! "Oh yeah, now we're cookin'! Let's push this fat ass door over!" Jack exclaimed with a great deal of passion, a giant grin plastered on his face.
Yumi Nakamura's trumpet began playing as they flooded with inspiration and motivation to all who heard her. She played with a passion and intensity that was truly awe-inspiring. Her music had the power to lift people's spirits and bring them together, reminding them that anything is possible with determination and hard work. When Yumi played the trumpet, she was not just making music - she was showing the world that even in the face of adversity, there is always something beautiful to be found.

Because of this, they were given more strength as she felt more passion for her music.

"That's what I talking about..." he smiled, as he raises his index finger up to level with his nose as a mass of yellow energy formed into a small ball.

Tom looked at the door, he began to think since he still did not know how his power worked, he remembered that place that God said it was not hell, he thought and thought if it was true or not, his mind was concentrated there

Then he disappeared for half a minute and came back

"Ok that explains things." Tom said as he retested to use his power a couple of times to increase his control and jump speed, after 7 jumps, he already had enough power and concentration to do anything.

So he jump for the last time and come back with something in my hands, an RPG-7.

Tom smiled and pointed the RPG charged with Limbo's power, he could feel the flow of energy from so many jumps making him and the weapon stronger.

"That's what I talking about..." he smiled, as he raises his index finger up to level with his nose as a mass of yellow energy formed into a small ball.
"do you mind if I give you a hand?"

"It wouldn't?" Ashe asked blankly, looking at the door.

"...I ain't seen a door that couldn't be open... usually you can just...push 'em. Unless doors work differently in the future..." Ashe said, cocking his head.
"I dunno, let's give it a "shot"!" Kuthaliara said, pulling one of her twin pistols out and firing several shots at the door, the loud bangs flying through the air

Tom looked at the door, he began to think since he still did not know how his power worked, he remembered that place that God said it was not hell, he thought and thought if it was true or not, his mind was concentrated there

Then he disappeared for half a minute and came back

"Ok that explains things." Tom said as he retested to use his power a couple of times to increase his control and jump speed, after 7 jumps, he already had enough power and concentration to do anything.

So he jump for the last time and come back with something in my hands, an RPG-7.

Tom smiled and pointed the RPG charged with Limbo's power, he could feel the flow of energy from so many jumps making him and the weapon stronger.
"Aaaaand that's a rocket launcher. You know, at this point I don't know why I ask anymore." Jack said as he stared in awe, while simultaneously pushing hardly on the gargantuan door.

"I dunno, let's give it a "shot"!" Kuthaliara said, pulling one of her twin pistols out and firing several shots at the door, the loud bangs flying through the air
Ashe flinched, reflexively taking a step back as he saw the woman pull out the strange objects in her hands. His eyes widened in visible surprise, and for a moment, he simply gawked at them.

"......."

"...Are ya a...sorcerer?" He asked.

Ashe flinched, reflexively taking a step back as he saw the woman pull out the strange objects in her hands. His eyes widened in visible surprise, and for a moment, he simply gawked at them.

"......."

"...Are ya a...sorcerer?" He asked.
"This is a gun, it uses bullets and just fires those bullets out at a fast speed!" Kuthaliara responded with a chuckle

She watches their efforts from afar and nonchalantly takes something out of her pocket. It looks like a small microphone, but upon the press of a button, it suddenly extends into a rather large and icy blade. The girl hums. This was only used for self-defense in the past, but... well, who's to say she couldn't have a little fun with it now?

"This is a gun, it uses bullets and just fires those bullets out at a fast speed!" Kuthaliara responded with a chuckle
"......."

"....Bullets?" Ashe said, cocking his head. He hadn't heard of anything like that, for obvious reasons. He thought back to when she had fired, how some...strange projectiles had shot out of her strange weapon.

"....Are those...like...arrows? Ya know...like from a bow. My pa told me about people who could shoot with those..." He said. Though...he had never heard of arrows so small.

"......."

"....Bullets?" Ashe said, cocking his head. He hadn't heard of anything like that, for obvious reasons. He thought back to when she had fired, how some...strange projectiles had shot out of her strange weapon.

"....Are those...like...arrows? Ya know...like from a bow. My pa told me about people who could shoot with those..." He said. Though...he had never heard of arrows so small.
"To an extent, but most arrows are slower and go in an arc automatically, while bullets go straight and arc at extremely long distances, and theres more then one bullet to be fired at a time before you have to reload." Kuthaliara responded, using her free hand to make explanatory movements

Hikaru took a few steps back from the door saying, “Suppose I should call in a bit of help.” He holds up his right hand and one of the talismans glow. From around his arm a chain of black and white interlocking links began to form. At the end of the chain a humanoid figure formed of some kind of energy took shape. The figure hovered above the ground before shooting towards the door. Pushing on it with a greater deal of force then Hikaru could.

"To an extent, but most arrows are slower and go in an arc automatically, while bullets go straight and arc at extremely long distances, and theres more then one bullet to be fired at a time before you have to reload." Kuthaliara responded, using her free hand to make explanatory movements
Ashe cocked his head, thinking this over for a moment.

"...Oh! So they're like...future people arrows..." Ashe said, nodding to himself. He smiled slightly, glad he was able to learn about such an interesting tool. He glanced around for a moment, looking at their teammates launching their own attacks against the door. His eyes widened visibly, more than a bit taken aback by the show of force. He had heard myths of gods and deities displaying exerting their control over the land...but seeing such displays of power in person was different entirely.

"...."

"...Can...ya do somethin' like that, too?" He asked. He pointed at the people gathered at the door.

"...The...magic...some of them are using..."

"Here comes your second chance just up ahead, I believe." Yuri said, turning to look into the distance.

If anyone took the time to pay attention to where they were walking, they would be able to see a large, ornate wooden door at the very "end" of the tunnel, akin to a large door one would see in a fantasy story or game. On the door, the words "Floor 1" had been placed.
(Have to poke you to make sure you're still following this thread)

The door, despite the efforts of the group, didn't seem to be budging very much if at all. It would clearly take more than simply raw power to move an object of such size and weight... at least, it would take more raw power than the group had access to at the moment.

"Maybe there is... something we missed...?" Yuri pondered. "There might be... something more that we're not looking at."

The door, despite the efforts of the group, didn't seem to be budging very much if at all. It would clearly take more than simply raw power to move an object of such size and weight... at least, it would take more raw power than the group had access to at the moment.

"Maybe there is... something we missed...?" Yuri pondered. "There might be... something more that we're not looking at."
"Perhaps you're right." Jack said, deactivating his ability as to not overtax his body. "Well, maybe theres a key somewhere around here; I mean, every locked door has got have to a key, right?"

"Perhaps you're right." Jack said, deactivating his ability as to not overtax his body. "Well, maybe theres a key somewhere around here; I mean, every locked door has got have to a key, right?"
"Then why did you try budging the door instead of finding the key?" Loka asked.

Yumi stopped playing her trumpet.

"She's right... There should be something... Something off about this place..." she replied softly.

“You’ve got a point there.” Hikaru said calling his shikigami back to his said. “Something must open the door, whether that be a physical key, meeting some kind of condition, or something else entirely. We just have to find it.” As he said that he inspected the surface of the door and commanded his shikigami to search the area for anything resembling a clue.

As the group searched for any clues as to what could possibly open the door, they could hear a... searing sound, or a burning sound, come from the door. At about eye level for most of the group, they could see... words slowly engrave themselves into the large door, in a distorted form of English that they'd barely be able to make out, if they understood proper English to begin with:

"...A̶͓̤͚̎ ̵̗̺͌d̶̨̛̦͒ř̶̰ē̴̖͜a̶̝̰̒̋̓m̶̫̫͛͋ ̴̹̞͍̇̋c̸̺͆̍a̶̙̅̎̚n̶̹̄̎͘ ̵̣͒̋̈́o̶̹̾͌n̴̼͓͙̅̚l̸̝͎̾y̸͎̩̠̑ ̷̗̬́b̶̨͔̿́e̸̢̝̪͌̽ ̷͓̫͔̿͌͘m̶̛̤͒a̵̤̒d̵͖̎̑ë̸͈́ ̸̛͈̽̍ͅi̶͔̺̭͑̈́n̵̟̰͛̈́͜t̶̮̭͊͝ọ̴̝͗ ̵̘̿͘͝r̴̨̞̞͂͂͝e̷̗̱̤͆̈́͗a̴̺̤̎̊ͅl̵̫̻͊ï̵̖̤͝t̵͇͍̩̍ý̵̨ ̷̪̝̃̉͛o̷̩͖͙͒̚n̵̬͔̦̿̾͝c̷̬͈̦̔e̶̙͎̞̓̀̈ ̵̧̠̦͊t̴͇̻̟̅̈́h̷̭́͑e̷̢̎̍͜ͅ ̷̧̟͆̆̚p̵̨͑̈́͝r̵̢̎́͗ỉ̷̖̠c̸̨̜̼͒̄͝ĕ̷͈̹͜ ̸̯͕̆͗h̶͍̮̾a̷̡̙̔̽̂š̶̭ ̴́͗̕͜b̵̨̬̽ë̴̤̭̈̚e̵̛̲̊n̷͉͑͗̑ ̴̺̰͛̆͜p̶̬͝a̴̗̟̠͂̀ì̵̭͔̝d̷̨̫͊.̴͚̹̍̈.."

As the group searched for any clues as to what could possibly open the door, they could hear a... searing sound, or a burning sound, come from the door. At about eye level for most of the group, they could see... words slowly engrave themselves into the large door, in a distorted form of English that they'd barely be able to make out, if they understood proper English to begin with:

"...A̶͓̤͚̎ ̵̗̺͌d̶̨̛̦͒ř̶̰ē̴̖͜a̶̝̰̒̋̓m̶̫̫͛͋ ̴̹̞͍̇̋c̸̺͆̍a̶̙̅̎̚n̶̹̄̎͘ ̵̣͒̋̈́o̶̹̾͌n̴̼͓͙̅̚l̸̝͎̾y̸͎̩̠̑ ̷̗̬́b̶̨͔̿́e̸̢̝̪͌̽ ̷͓̫͔̿͌͘m̶̛̤͒a̵̤̒d̵͖̎̑ë̸͈́ ̸̛͈̽̍ͅi̶͔̺̭͑̈́n̵̟̰͛̈́͜t̶̮̭͊͝ọ̴̝͗ ̵̘̿͘͝r̴̨̞̞͂͂͝e̷̗̱̤͆̈́͗a̴̺̤̎̊ͅl̵̫̻͊ï̵̖̤͝t̵͇͍̩̍ý̵̨ ̷̪̝̃̉͛o̷̩͖͙͒̚n̵̬͔̦̿̾͝c̷̬͈̦̔e̶̙͎̞̓̀̈ ̵̧̠̦͊t̴͇̻̟̅̈́h̷̭́͑e̷̢̎̍͜ͅ ̷̧̟͆̆̚p̵̨͑̈́͝r̵̢̎́͗ỉ̷̖̠c̸̨̜̼͒̄͝ĕ̷͈̹͜ ̸̯͕̆͗h̶͍̮̾a̷̡̙̔̽̂š̶̭ ̴́͗̕͜b̵̨̬̽ë̴̤̭̈̚e̵̛̲̊n̷͉͑͗̑ ̴̺̰͛̆͜p̶̬͝a̴̗̟̠͂̀ì̵̭͔̝d̷̨̫͊.̴͚̹̍̈.."

As he was examine the door Hikaru immediately took notice of the inscription. He relayed it to the others and began pondering its meaning, “So there’s some kind of price that we have to pay?”

"If a dream can only come true after the price is paid, does this mean that for your dreams to come true you will have to give something in return?" Tom says after saw this puzzle

As he was examine the door Hikaru immediately took notice of the inscription. He relayed it to the others and began pondering its meaning, “So there’s some kind of price that we have to pay?”
"I've gotta bad feeling about this. I'm hoping it ain't talking about some blood sacrifice voodoo shit or something like that." Jack said with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Didn't really think about it at the time." Jack replied in a slightly embarrassed tone.
"Well, sounds like a "you" problem.." he sarcastically joked.

"Ah great... Good to be seeing Satan once in a while... Too bad Jesuah isn't here..." he muttered, giggling to himself.
"I've gotta bad feeling about this. I'm hoping it ain't talking about some blood sacrifice voodoo shit or something like that." Jack said with a hint of worry in his voice.
Yumi slowly tried scrutinizing what the words meant, sweating at the thought of Jack's words coming true.

"...Well... let's try and think about that. Dreams. We all have lofty dreams, right? Things that we'd need to pay... hefty prices for." Yumi said, crossing her arms.

Back