• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Thank you very much for the help. Tell us here when you are done.

Just to specify things. Verses with "/" in them should be removed in the {{discussion}} template. Since I didn't see it noted anywhere.
For example:
Fate/stay night = {{discussion|Fatestay night|Fate/stay night}}

Update:
This is basically me just rechecking from A-Z (In case some were missed)
Verses with special characters (The purpose is to clear and handle all the verses with special characters first. Then to add {{discussions}} template later to the others)
Verses (A): No issues
Verses (B): Fixed

But there is some weird issue with:​
Black★Rock_Shooter_(Verse)
When I checked what tags were used for Black Rock Shooter. It is: BlackE29885Rock_Shooter_Verse. No problem with that, but then it would look like Blackôÿàrock Shooter (Verse) in this forum. If there's a solution for this, I'd be glad if it was brought up.​
Verses (C): Fixed
Verses (D): Fixed
Verses (E): Fixed
Verses (F): Fixed
Verses (G): Fixed
Verses (I): No issues
Verses (J): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (K): Almost no issues

New Updates:
Verses (L): Fixed
Verses (M): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (N): No issues
Verses (O): Fixed
Verses (P): Fixed
Verse (Q): No issues
Verses (R): Fixed
Verses (S): Fixed
Verses (T): Almost no issues
Verses (U): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (V): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (W): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (X): No issues
Verses (Y): No issues
Verses (Z): No issues

Last edited:
From the previous list, the verses from "Edens Zero" to "Granny (Game)" and from "Ratchet & Clank" to the end of the list were left. Thanks for the help if somebody already took care of some of them.

Plus, I think the standard format for verses and character pages also needs to be updated to include the {{discussions}} template.

Yes, me and Just_a_Random_Butler have been talking about updating those pages with a new instructions section in private.

Verses S - Other, are done. {{Discussions}} are where they should be, links work (even if tags for them don't exist yet), {{Template:'s are removed and D's are capitalized.

I got to stop there. I have last minute homework I've been procrastinating on due tonight.

I did the verses from Edens Zero to Granny (Game), but there were barely any problems at all, only the verses that contain special characters.

So, I scanned all verses from A-Z with special characters, and I think I'm pretty much finished.
Just to specify things. Verses with "/" in them should be removed in the {{discussion}} template. Since I didn't see it noted anywhere.
For example:
Fate/stay night = {{discussion|Fatestay night|Fate/stay night}}

Update:
This is basically me just rechecking from A-Z (In case some were missed)
Verses with special characters (The purpose is to clear and handle all the verses with special characters first. Then to add {{discussions}} template later to the others)
Verses (A): No issues
Verses (B): Fixed

But there is some weird issue with:​
Black★Rock_Shooter_(Verse)
When I checked what tags were used for Black Rock Shooter. It is: BlackE29885Rock_Shooter_Verse. No problem with that, but then it would look like Blackôÿàrock Shooter (Verse) in this forum. If there's a solution for this, I'd be glad if it was brought up.​
Verses (C): Fixed
Verses (D): Fixed
Verses (E): Fixed
Verses (F): Fixed
Verses (G): Fixed
Verses (I): No issues
Verses (J): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (K): Almost no issues

New Updates:
Verses (L): Fixed
Verses (M): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (N): No issues
Verses (O): Fixed
Verses (P): Fixed
Verse (Q): No issues
Verses (R): Fixed
Verses (S): Fixed
Verses (T): Almost no issues
Verses (U): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (V): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (W): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (X): No issues
Verses (Y): No issues
Verses (Z): No issues
I scanned verses with special characters because verses with no special characters just need to be slapped on with the {{discussions}} template and there would be no issues at all.

I have stumbled upon several mistakes regarding the {{discussions}} signs conversion, even in the finished verses, so I just did some fixing.

In conclusion, I think I've done all I can.

Big thanks to @ElixirBlue for handling the other problems. He handled all verses from Ratchet & Clank to essentially verses S. So, all I needed to do was to quickly perform a minimal scan over Verses R to S with special characters.

Last edited:
I have noticed this problem as well. Apparently, when discussion links are created for pages with multiple words, instead of redirecting to the discussions list as seen on the forums, it takes you to this link, which uses an underscore "_" rather than a dash "-".

This should be addressed.

Last edited:
I have noticed this problem as well. Apparently, when discussion links are created for pages with multiple words, instead of redirecting to the discussions list as seen on the forums, it takes you to this link, which uses an underscore "_" rather than a dash "-".

This should be addressed.
@AKM sama @Amelia_Lonelyheart

Would either of you be willing to investigate if our Discussions template needs to be adjusted accordingly?

Apparently, there are times where spaces/underscores and dashes are interchangable for some reason. I think this is because the forums prefer dashes over underscores in URL. Even the thread name uses dashes for spaces for the URL, not underscores. Which is unlike the Wikia.

The tag Dragon Ball has existed before the migration, so its tag uses an underscore for the space between the words, and that tag came from the Wikia which preferred underscores over dashes for spaces. But verses and pages that didn't exist before the migration meant that their tags are fresh, and will default to dashes.

And I think the {{discussions}} template will turn any spaces into underscores. Any new tags created after the forum migration will now default to dashes. I think...

I could be wrong, this is just something that came to my mind after some contemplation.

Last edited:
I believe what JARB said is true. The template picks the page name from the wiki itself so "Dragon Ball" is converted to "dragon_ball" and that's how it appears in the tag URL too because it was transferred at the time of forum move. But new tags that are created apparently default to the tag URL being "astral-chain" instead of "astral_chain". We'll have to talk to Sultan about it.

Then we're screwed.

If we have to adjust the {{discussions}} template so that it converts spaces to dashes. We'll have to fix all verses that predate the forum migration, because most of the verses with no special characters only use {{discussions}} template by default, and now most verses with the tags that use underscores for spaces, will now use dashes for its {{discussions}} template link instead, and now we'll have to convert all verses with spaces that use {{discussions}} template by default, so that they'll get linked properly to their tags (which use underscores), instead of dashes.

Instead of doing all that, I suggest that we simply practice using dashes for new verses when inserting {{discussions}} template to verses with spaces.

What do you think about asking our system manager (Sultan) to make sure that all new multi-word tags automatically also use underscores instead?

I think the Discussions template already use underscores by default. And I think it should be kept as such, or we'll have more work to do. So, the new forums should default to underscores instead.

Underscores will favor the verses that had their tags predate the forum migration, for example Dragon Ball.
{{discussions}} = automatically "Dragon_Ball"

Dashes will favor the verses that are only new, for example Maou Gakuin.
Simply {{discussions}} will not work because the template uses underscores for its spaces by default, which does not correspond to the forum tag of Maou Gakuin, instead, it should be:
{{discussions|Maou-Gakuin-no-Futekigousha|Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha}}

There are more profiles that have their tags with underscores, instead of dashes.

So, if we change how the discussions template work now and the verse name spaces get changed into dashes, we'll have to manually fix all verses that predated the forum migration.

For example, if we change the {{discussions}} template so that they automatically change all the links to automatically consider all spaces into dashes, the {{discussions}} link of Dragon Ball will turn into dragon-ball, which is a non-existent tag.

So, it's better if the new forums were to adapt to the underscore format.

Last edited:
Also using underscores instead of dashes makes sense, as some verse use dashes in their titles while close to no verses use underscores in their actual titles.

Also using underscores instead of dashes makes sense, as some verse use dashes in their titles while close to no verses use underscores in their actual titles.
I agree, and there are too many verses with underscores on their tags already.

But I think there's no effect in the forums tags whether the verse use dashes in its name or not, since this is about how empty spaces are converted, no?

Last edited:
I'll just bump to ask if this has been added to the Standar Formats for each kind of pages, as I've noticed that ever since this has started, there have been over 1000 pages added to the wiki, with most of them seemingly not having this template.

I have been talking with @Just_a_Random_Butler about revising our standard format pages, but we likely first need help from our forum system manager to hopefully adjust all of our tags to use hyphens (-) instead of underscores (_), after which I think that Ursuul can adjust our Discussions template, and our FSM has not been able to handle this yet.

I have been talking with @Just_a_Random_Butler about revising our standard format pages, but we likely first need help from our forum system manager to hopefully adjust all of our tags to use hyphens (-) instead of underscores (_), after which I think that Ursuul can adjust our Discussions template, and our FSM has not been able to handle this yet.
Just an update that this has been done. All tags now consistently use hyphens instead of underscores, and the previous template has been updated accordingly. So the change needs to be reflected in the standard format. @Just_a_Random_Butler your help with that will be appreciated.

Besides that, I think we already applied the template to all existing verses and only new verse pages need to follow the format from now on? And the character profiles should also be updated gradually over time.

Oh, I see. Same thing as we did before, now with hyphens? (Sort of noticed the other day when I had to fix some Sonic OVA links)

Seems needlessly complicated to me but I haven't been part of the discussion on this topic.

Sure, I can start fixing verse homepage discussion links as before. I'll start at the end and work my way up if @Just_a_Random_Butler wants to start at the beginning.

Our priority would most likely be verses with special characters only. Spaces are already automatically converted into hyphens, so all we need to do is find the verses with special characters and remove the underscores, because they are most likely the only verses with underscores manually put into them due to the special characters existing in the verse names. So, let's do it again, but only to verses with special characters this time.

I think Uppercase U with Diaeresis is C39C? Not sure. Does the verse have a tag?

Last edited:
Okay, nevermind. I also tested it, apparently, you have to add e after letters with the diaeresis mark.

By the way, you don't need to add the hyphens after removing the underscores, leaving them as spaces is fine because the template will do the job for you.

Ah, I believe I still have more work to do on my side. Most of the verses on the right side has been completed, from what I can tell. I’ve been busy with finals as of late.

I'll just bump to ask if this has been added to the Standard Formats for each kind of pages, as I've noticed that ever since this has started, there have been over 1000 pages added to the wiki, with most of them seemingly not having this template.
At least this, looking with CTRL+F in here shows this is yet to be done.

Last edited:
Well, first the project to add the template to all verse pages needs to be finished.

Here's the thing, as said before, are we even taking into account the newly made profiles?
Not adding a simple clarification on the format pages over how this is to be added as well is just going to unecessarily raise the workload without a proper way to organize it either, as I'm sure doing new pages isn't disabled either.

I don't think that there have been particularly many verse pages created since this project started, going by my memory.

I think the template was already added to verse pages. I messaged JRB about adding it to the standard format, but he hasn't been active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back