• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why The "Don't Downgrade Base Goku" Rule Is Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
He taps into his god ki and turns Super Saiyan on top of that, instead of just turning Super Saiyan

My point still stands
On top of what? His base power which is SSG as is was shown in BoG. Otherwise RoF would have SSB>SSG>SSJ1-3>base=SSG while it's SSB=SSG x50 his new regular SSJ. There is no SSJ1-3 until U6 arc.

Movie interview for the DBZ version of the movie, while we use the DBS version ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€ ๐Ÿ’€
Op is cooking!!

Goku debubks you as his powers is his BASE. He isn't refering to SSG as a tranformation. Otherwise he would go SSG and than Blue.

He literally saying the powers meaning all the stuff he gets as a god beyond just his strenght. Also the fact that he didn't lose the form but rather his base power got increased tremendously and he can tap in the form.

Except both arc are heavily based on the movie.
Yeah and again this means nothing. Stop using non-canon stuff to debate your arguments or I'm about to pull DBH and DBX to support the opposite.

But we don't use the movie interviews because they're heavily outdated, unless you want to scale SSG Goku to 60% of Beerus's power via being rated a 6 in power while Beerus was rated a 10
Kaioken Blue oneshots Beerus and Whis confirmed?

But we don't use the movie interviews because they're heavily outdated, unless you want to scale SSG Goku to 60% of Beerus's power via being rated a 6 in power while Beerus was rated a 10
I didn't say they are a one to one the same. Rather alot of its idea is brought in BoG and RoF

Technically that point system could be the "a 6 gets floord by a 7 becuase the difference between a single number is massive", not percentage wise but it's never gone into iirc.

Technically that point system could be the "a 6 gets floord by a 7 becuase the difference between a single number is massive", not percentage wise but it's never gone into iirc.
I don't believe so, that's a major technicality that requires more assumptions than the simple one of "if Goku is a 6 and Beerus is a 10, then Goku would be 60% as strong as Beerus"

In fact, this is even supported by the BoG movie itself, as Whis comments that it's been a while since someone forced him to use 70% of his power

Wouldn't that require more assumptions rather than just say that he meant beerus was about double as strong?

In fact, this is even supported by the BoG movie itself, as Whis comments that it's been a while since someone forced him to use 70% of his power
Also yeah that. Didn't say it because I wasn't sure about it.

Thinking the 6,10,15 is some abstract scale signifying a thousandfold difference between each number requires far more assumptions than just a linear increase and makes no sense. It's not like it's a ranking but rather a representation of power.

I don't believe so, that's a major technicality that requires more assumptions than the simple one of "if Goku is a 6 and Beerus is a 10, then Goku would be 60% as strong as Beerus"

I forgot a percentage was given, haven't seen the movie in forever.

Wouldn't that require more assumptions rather than just say that he meant beerus was about double as strong?

Also yeah that. Didn't say it because I wasn't sure about it.

Thinking the 6,10,15 is some abstract scale signifying a thousandfold difference between each number requires far more assumptions than just a linear increase and makes no sense. It's not like it's a ranking but rather a representation of power.
It does, I was just saying it's a possibility.

Also when Piccolo and Gohan were training. Piccolstated that SSJ2 Gohan is nowherr near his Z strenght and we have the same Piccolo fighting Final Frost while Goku needed SSJ. Am I to believe that Piccolo is now far above BoG SSG Goku. So he was sitting around with universe destroying punches?

Also when Piccolo and Gohan were training. Piccolstated that SSJ2 Gohan is nowherr near his Z strenght
This is not what he said. He said that Super Saiyan forms were not the best he could do (referring to his Potential Unleashed state, which as we know reached Super Saiyan Blue level power)
Piccolo fighting Final Frost while Goku needed SSJ. Am I to believe that Piccolo is now far above BoG SSG Goku. So he was sitting around with universe destroying punches?
During the Tournament of Destroyers, very much so, yes. Again I say, your personal disbelief is not an argument

Now you simp for Yujiro while throwing my attempts to make him nuke-level to the trashcan.
still kinda feel iffy about nuke level yujiro tho, altough i would more than welcome him being nuke level

nuke level yujiro + nuke level yoriichi and my life would be complete

but aight, i won't derail the thread any longer

still kinda feel iffy about nuke level yujiro tho, altough i would more than welcome him being nuke level

nuke level yujiro + nuke level yoriichi and my life would be complete

but aight, i won't derail the thread any longer

Let the op finish cooking here. Seems like it's carbonara with cream though.

This is not what he said. He said that Super Saiyan forms were not the best he could do (referring to his Potential Unleashed state, which as we know reached Super Saiyan Blue level power)

During the Tournament of Destroyers, very much so, yes. Again I say, your personal disbelief is not an argument
False, BoG SSG was shown to eclipse everything shown in Z. Also there is no evidence that Frieza got thousands of times stronger while Goku received little none. As shown RoF base Goku power got retconned to SSG transformation that's why ToP base Goku is nowhere near Frieza not because of the got "10,000" stronger. When Goku fought he needed SSG not his base form. If it were RoF Goku would match Dyspo in base.

You do know that makes no sense when Buu and Android 17 are comparable to blue right? Goku not reaching SSG power in base makes far less sense than Goku reaching it and keeping the transformation.

In all fairness, there are a couple weird things going in with this power scaling, which I have to admit to being confused about. Why does Goku still use the Super Saiyan God form as late as the Broly movie? Is it an extra stacking of the same Super Saiyan God power boost? And if Super Saiyan Blue is the Super Saiyan God going Super Saiyan, then why do the original blonde Super Saiyan forms still exist, with even Super Saiyan 3 being inferior to Super Saiyan Blue, if Super Saiyan God and base form are now the same thing? I guess just because his base form climbed to Super Saiyan God level doesn't mean he can't stack the same boost again, but if he had that many boosts shouldn't he have reached Beerus' level by now?

In all fairness, there are a couple weird things going in with this power scaling, which I have to admit to being confused about. Why does Goku still use the Super Saiyan God form as late as the Broly movie? Is it an extra stacking of the same Super Saiyan God power boost? And if Super Saiyan Blue is the Super Saiyan God going Super Saiyan, then why do the original blonde Super Saiyan forms still exist, with even Super Saiyan 3 being inferior to Super Saiyan Blue, if Super Saiyan God and base form are now the same thing? I guess just because his base form climbed to Super Saiyan God level doesn't mean he can't stack the same boost again, but if he had that many boosts shouldn't he have reached Beerus' level by now?
He basically got stronger after absorbing the god form. The form still exists and can be used to give a boost like all other forms. Also let's be real Beerus is a moving goalpost. He was scared shitless by Jiren but if you ask production now he neg diffs Jiren.

Is it an extra stacking of the same Super Saiyan God power boost?
Yes.
if Super Saiyan God and base form are now the same thing?
Theyโ€™re not the same thing. Goku absorbed the power of God into his base form, he didnโ€™t absorb the form itself.
but if he had that many boosts shouldn't he have reached Beerus' level by now?
Why would he have reached Beerus by now? That kinda just seems like an assumption on your part.

That is because the anime is following the manga during rhe U6 arc. It's that simple.

Also there is no evidence that Frieza got thousands of times stronger while Goku received little none.
Freeza training got him stronger.
As shown RoF base Goku power got retconned to SSG transformation that's why ToP base Goku is nowhere near Frieza not because of the got "10,000" stronger. When Goku fought he needed SSG not his base form. If it were RoF Goku would match Dyspo in base.
I not even sure what you talking about now, but people already debunked this dyspo point.
That is because the anime is following the manga during rhe U6 arc. It's that simple.
Lmao, what?

Yes.

Theyโ€™re not the same thing. Goku absorbed the power of God into his base form, he didnโ€™t absorb the form itself.

Why would he have reached Beerus by now? That kinda just seems like an assumption on your part.
How to hell do you absorb the transformation? Also what powerboost would the "transformation" give? Another SSG power boost? Or he can transform to SSG so he can transform on top of that?!

8667213-screenshot_2917.png

I was genuinely asking, not being rhetorical.
In all seriousness, you knew what I meant.
Hey, I'm not the person crapping out the same revision thread repeatedly and spamming abbreviations and scaling chains. I'm just asking. Calm down, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back