• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why The "Don't Downgrade Base Goku" Rule Is Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness, there are a couple weird things going in with this power scaling, which I have to admit to being confused about. Why does Goku still use the Super Saiyan God form as late as the Broly movie? Is it an extra stacking of the same Super Saiyan God power boost? And if Super Saiyan Blue is the Super Saiyan God going Super Saiyan, then why do the original blonde Super Saiyan forms still exist, with even Super Saiyan 3 being inferior to Super Saiyan Blue, if Super Saiyan God and base form are now the same thing? I guess just because his base form climbed to Super Saiyan God level doesn't mean he can't stack the same boost again, but if he had that many boosts shouldn't he have reached Beerus' level by now?
Because he became stronger than his SSJG at the state that’s like saying Goku when he goes SSJ is always gonna be as strong as Namek Saga SSJ goku but it’s a multiplier not a set level of power

Base RoF Goku > SSJG Goku (BoG)

SSJG RoF Goku > Base RoF Goku

Retconned in U6 arc
Crazy how you ignored my argument I posted earlier in this crt which explains why there’s no retcon because it’s never god ki in base

How to hell do you absorb the transformation?
Just absorbing the power
Also what powerboost would the "transformation" give? Another SSG power boost?
Uh yes? Goku didn't just absorb the SSG "state"/"form", he absorbed the strength of the form during that time and made it's power his current base strength. He still can transform into SSG and stack the multiplier into his now base form with SSG level power
Retconned in U6 arc
Because?

Because he became stronger than his SSJG at the state that’s like saying Goku when he goes SSJ is always gonna be as strong as Namek Saga SSJ goku but it’s a multiplier not a set level of power

Crazy how you ignored my argument I posted earlier in this crt which explains why there’s no retcon because it’s never god ki in base
There is no evidence that Goku can go SSG in RoF. The opposite is shown. RoF base Goku is the SSG in BoG in power and uses that power to go SSJ on top of it which is regular SSJ from now on called Blue.

False, BoG SSG was shown to eclipse everything shown in Z. Also there is no evidence that Frieza got thousands of times stronger while Goku received little none. As shown RoF base Goku power got retconned to SSG transformation that's why ToP base Goku is nowhere near Frieza not because of the got "10,000" stronger. When Goku fought he needed SSG not his base form. If it were RoF Goku would match Dyspo in base.
We know that Frieza gets ridiculously stronger through training, as training for 4 months was enough for him to gain a Super Saiyan Blue level transformation when he was previously just Namek SSJ Goku level.

The rest of what you're saying is just pure headcanon

Can people feel Goku's ki in Rof when he is in base?

Just absorbing the power

Uh yes? Goku didn't just absorb the SSG "state"/"form", he absorbed the strength of the form during that time and made it's power his current base strength. He still can transform into SSG and stack the multiplier into his now base form with SSG level power

Because?
By your logic. Goku could have gone SSG, absorb SSG power in base and do it as many times as he wants. He can't because he already has the set of power in base and there is no SSG transformation.

It is a bit wild and jumpy, but if we stick to the facts we know for a moment, we do know that Goku was amped during the Beerus fight to the point his Super Saiyan form was almost equal to his prior Super Saiyan God state.

This actually makes me wonder if absorbing the godly power was actually the exact same thing as his base form reaching that level, considering we know Super Saiyan is a times 50 power boost. It's just semantics at this point though, because even if we say his base form became a 50th of that power, a 50th of 2C is still 2C. There's also the fact his Super Saiyan form was at that level after he'd just gotten roughed up by Beerus, so it's not likely he was at his full capacity anyway.

It is clear that the feat in that scene speaks for itself; at worst a worn out Super Saiyan Goku was comparable to his prior Super Saiyan God form. So at absolute worst, base Goku at that point was still 1/50 of that power, which is still 2C.

Last edited:
We know that Frieza gets ridiculously stronger through training, as training for 4 months was enough for him to gain a Super Saiyan Blue level transformation when he was previously just Namek SSJ Goku level.

The rest of what you're saying is just pure headcanon
False, Frieza is show again and again to be relative to Goku. Also by your logic base Frieza should have surpassed MUI Goku because if the supposed "10,000" times boost he gets by training. Look at SSB vs Goldeb Frieza fight during Goku's training with form does he need against base Frieza its SSG since its a x50 downgrade from Blue. While base Goku was a x50 downgrade from Blue. It's such an ovbious retcon. Rather than your head-canon that he got 10,000 stronger everytime he wants.

By your logic. Goku could have gone SSG, absorb SSG power in base and do it as many times as he wants. He can't because he already has the set of power in base and there is no SSG transformation.
Not really, he already absorbed once.
He can't absorb again, is just that simple.

I was genuinely asking, not being rhetorical.
And I was genuinely answering.
In all seriousness, you knew what I meant.
No, I really don’t, because your question really doesn’t make sense if you’re not assuming that he actually absorbed the form. There’s no reason for him to lose the yellow-haired SSJ forms just because he’s god level.
Hey, I'm not the person crapping out the same revision thread repeatedly and spamming abbreviations and scaling chains. I'm just asking. Calm down, eh.
I don’t know why you’re assuming I’m not calm? I genuinely don’t know what makes you think that Goku having this many boosts would put him on Beerus’ level.

False, Frieza is show again and again to be relative to Goku. Also by your logic base Frieza should have surpassed MUI Goku because if the supposed "10,000" times boost he gets by training. Look at SSB vs Goldeb Frieza fight during Goku's training with form does he need against base Frieza its SSG since its a x50 downgrade from Blue. While base Goku was a x50 downgrade from Blue. It's such an ovbious retcon. Rather than your head-canon that he got 10,000 stronger everytime he wants.

Goku doesn't have god powers in base just comparable power to God form. He still has regular Ki so he never was God in base. His base just got tremendously stronger.

No, I really don’t, because your question really doesn’t make sense if you’re not assuming that he actually absorbed the form. There’s no reason for him to lose the yellow-haired SSJ forms just because he’s god level.
What I meant is what the nature of the boosts was. Please don't group me into the same category as Sir Spamsalot.
I don’t know why you’re assuming I’m not calm?
Because you're being passive aggressive for no reason and accusing me of making dishonest assumptions. I understand getting the same revision thread dropped on you repeatedly is frustrating, but remember I didn't do it, nor would I.

If all the arguments from this thread have been argued against in past threads and agreed to be wrong, this thread is a spam thread, and is breaking the rules (Unless somehow that was changed and you're allowed to do that now).

Close the thread and report this person for spamming the same refuted threads. This doesn't need to have any posts beyond this one.

What I meant is what the nature of the boosts was. Please don't group me into the same category as Sir Spamsalot.

Best way to say it is that he became similar in strenght to the form at his base. He can go God and it's a bigger boost than all the SSJ forms.

If all the arguments from this thread have been argued against in past threads and agreed to be wrong, this thread is a spam thread, and is breaking the rules (Unless somehow that was changed and you're allowed to do that now).

Close the thread and report this person for spamming the same refuted threads. This doesn't need to have any posts beyond this one.

Said that but apparently it needs more staff input?

It's a fifty/fifty. Many threads opposing existing rules have been made, often by staff. The difference is that this thread has been done repeatedly and the OP seems to be overloaded with extra information that borders on spam. I'm never for silencing discussion, but this is a touchy matter.

Goku doesn't have god powers in base just comparable power to God form. He still has regular Ki so he never was God in base. His base just got tremendously stronger.
Not my point. Base Goku has regular Ki with power beyond SSG and increases it x50 when going SSB and in ToP he needs SSG for base Frieza and SSB from Golden. You can see the clear retcon.

I... didn‘t? I haven’t once compared you to the OP of this thread, literally all I did was answer the questions you asked.
Because you're being passive aggressive for no reason. I understand getting the same revision thread dropped on you repeatedly is frustrating, but remember I didn't do it, nor would I.
I’m literally not… you asked “shouldn’t he have reached Beerus’ level by now”, and I genuinely don’t know why you think that’s the case.

That would only apply if the past threads had split staff votes. It seems like this person is just repeating the same thread despite being shut down by staff.

Not my point. Base Goku has regular Ki with power beyond SSG and increases it x50 when going SSB and in ToP he needs SSG for base Frieza and SSB from Golden. You can see the clear retcon.
Are you sure that's a retcon and not just Frieza having gotten stronger since RoF?

So far no evidence that RoF Goku has SSG transformation, that he has regular SSJ1-3 forms etc. The rejection is invalid.

Frieza grew in mental strength and ki control from his time in Hell. He directly says this. In RoF he was unrefined power, now it's refined, which makes a massive difference in power.

Are you sure that's a retcon and not just Frieza having gotten stronger since RoF?
Frieza afrer RoF is never shown to get massivly stronger than Goku and Namek Frieza to SSB blue is likely a one time plot boost like Android 17. No one thinks Android 17 'can do that again and get another league of that boost. He would one-shit Whis by then lol

I... didn‘t? I haven’t once compared you to the OP of this thread, literally all I did was answer the questions you asked.

I’m literally not… you asked “shouldn’t he have reached Beerus’ level by now”, and I genuinely don’t know why you think that’s the case.
Okay, fair enough. Typically when someone is accused of making assumptions on this forum it's essentially an act of hostility, accusing them of trolling, lying, etc.

I wondered about surpassing Beerus because BoG SSG Goku was close to his strength and Goku has gained lots of new forms and things since then, with SSG now implied to be ironically another boost and SSB being bigger again, all stacked on top of the prior forms which are stacked on a base form comparable to SSG. Beerus did have trouble with him in BoG after all.

You are not the person that decides if the rejection is invalid. It's a matter of interpretation and if the prevailing opinion is that you're wrong, you have to accept it.
Than I would excelpt evidence for all the things mentioned above. Yet, there is none and mine explaination goes in line with BoG&RoF. While the opposite have to assume alot of things and ignore Akira words.

Than I would excelpt evidence for all the things mentioned above. Yet, there is none and mine explaination goes in line with BoG&RoF. While the opposite have to assume alot of things and ignore Akira words.
Your interpretation is not the objective truth. You don't decide what interpretation is right and what people should agree with.

I wondered about surpassing Beerus because BoG SSG Goku was close to his strength and Goku has gained lots of new forms and things since then, with SSG now implied to be ironically another boost and SSB being bigger again, all stacked on top of the prior forms which are stacked on a base form comparable to SSG. Beerus did have trouble with him in BoG after all.
Beerus was holding back significantly during Battle of Gods, Goku wasn’t anywhere near his full strength at that point, unless you’re referring to the Battle of Gods movie, which isn’t canon to the anime.

Your interpretation is not the objective truth. You don't decide what interpretation is right and what people should agree with.
It's not an interpretation. It's factual information that RoF base=SSG power and stacks SSJ which is SSB and Goku said only SSB surpasses SSG power. Otherwise he would have a said "This is SSB a superior transformation of SSG". He doesn't, case closed.

There is no evidence that Goku can go SSG in RoF. The opposite is shown. RoF base Goku is the SSG in BoG in power and uses that power to go SSJ on top of it which is regular SSJ from now on called Blue.
They can’t sense ki when in SSJG or SSJB, but can sense the ki again when Goku is in SSJ or Base. So... its clearly not god ki in base or SSJ.

That’s why SSJB was confused for SSJG initially in the RoF Anime as well. So if SSJB is just turning SSJ opposed to SSGSS, then why would turning SSJ suddenly make his Ki signature disappear?

It's not an interpretation. It's factual information that RoF base=SSG power and stacks SSJ which is SSB and Goku said only SSB surpasses SSG power. Otherwise he would have a said "This is SSB a superior transformation of SSG". He doesn't, case closed.
It is an interpretation. Every piece of information can be interpreted differently unless it is something like "the sky is blue", which this is not. You don't decide whether it's factual or not, and there is nuance you evidently aren't seeing.

Beerus was holding back significantly during Battle of Gods, Goku wasn’t anywhere near his full strength at that point, unless you’re referring to the Battle of Gods movie, which isn’t canon to the anime.
Yeah, I guess. I did raise in a prior post how Goku's Super Saiyan form was comparable to his prior SSG form, even after getting roughed up by Beerus. At absolute worst his base form was a 50th of the prior SSG form at that moment, probably a good deal more.

And as I said above, at most that can be used to discuss a few different multipliers, not some major downgrade. A 50th of a 2-C feat is still 2-C. There's a blatant demonstration to prove base Goku downscales from that 2-C feat.

Based on the evidence it should be the following, since Goku&Vegeta trained for 3 years. They should slighly scale to their Buu Saga Tier. SSJ forms slighly below Super Perfect Cell and everyone besides Hit.

Thus U6Arc SSB Goku~Hit>U6 Arc SSG Goku>BoG SSG Goku>U6 Arc base, SSJ1-3 Goku and everyone else.

They can’t sense ki when in SSJG or SSJB, but can sense the ki again when Goku is in SSJ or Base. So... its clearly not god ki in base or SSJ.

That’s why SSJB was confused for SSJG initially in the RoF Anime as well. So if SSJB is just turning SSJ opposed to SSGSS, then why would turning SSJ suddenly make his Ki signature disappear?
That is because RoF base Goku is regular Ki with SSG power and SSB is God Ki.

That is because RoF base Goku is regular Ki with SSG power and SSB is God Ki.
And why can't he go SSG? If God form has a super saiyan it should have a base. If Goku doesn't have God ki in base he is just plain old Goku and the SSG remains as something separate.

Based on the evidence
*Wrong evidence.
it should be the following, since Goku&Vegeta trained for 3 years. They should slighly scale to their Buu Saga Tier. SSJ forms slighly below Super Perfect Cell and everyone besides Hit.

Thus U6Arc SSB Goku~Hit>U6 Arc SSG Goku>BoG SSG Goku>U6 Arc base, SSJ1-3 Goku and everyone else.
Wtf is this scaling, this don't make any sense.
I genuinely don't understand why you ignoring people arguments.

"Base Goku has Regular Ki with SSG power"

Base Goku either has regular Ki or he has God Ki, OP. Pick your poison. The two can't coexist together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back