• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't Mxyzptlk 1-A yet?

I don't understand this. So you guys agree that the 6th Dimension is 1-A, you agree that the Monitor Sphere is 1-A, and the 5th Dimension is between these two governing layers.

Why is Mxy not 1-A then?

That'd be hilarious if we found out that the Innumerable Dimensions that Rama Kushna was talking about was actually beyond the 6th Dimension and that DC has Innumerable 1-A Layers that the Overvoid/Source/Presence contains.

Emperor Joker does in fact have a Deep 1-A feat for overpowering Hal Jordan Spectre as well, and threatening Creation according to Spectre, and Creation according to Spectre and several Angels includes 1-A realms.

The problem is that the 5-D imps were explicitly stated to be two degrees of infinity above regular superheroes during Grant Morrison's "Crisis Times Five" story, so that still holds regardless of whether or not the 5th dimension is geometrical, especially given our upcoming tiering system revisions.

Also, where was it stated that the 5th dimension is greater than the Monitor realm?

Anyway, we obviously cannot scale every single cosmic entity to 1-A. That means completely effortlessly blinking multiverses of any scale out of existence, which characters such as the regular Hal Jordan Spectre do not come anywhere close to.

@Ant Bump. I understand, but the cosmology can contradict what was explicitly stated in the stories. We've had exceptions tot his rule with revisions of verses innumerable number of times, so this cannot be erased / ignored unless a lot of evidence from the current comics (not just 1 statement or occurence) contradicts that . Also honestly we don't need an "abundance" of feats to be 1-A, or "blinking out multiverses"... Where did you get that from that they needed to have such grandiose feats to be 1-A... Because that's contradicted by literally everything the upcoming tiering revisions stand for ?

Obviously we'll need to figure out whom is affected if we accept this as true. I am neutral for now though.

Well, it seems to be what we have to go by in any case.

I personally find it questionable treating even the sixth dimension as being 1-A. I mean, not only is the monitor sphere being treat as the most fundamental "dimension" but beings like captain adam have 8 dimensional statements and yet they explicitely dont transcend the monitor sphere or the monitors themselves. If i recall correctly, theres an instance of characters going to higher and higher dimensions without ever surpassing the monitor sphere or source wall (which they always viewed as being the same).

With a cosmology being able to change rapidly in different storylines, trying to mash every statement and showing about the cosmology together will lead to inconsistencies. Just something i think should be taken into account.

Though you have to understand they were made in 6Th Dimensions and actually have to take a weaker form just to exist in Lower forms.

I think the only Mxy that could be considered 1-B, let alone 1-A is from Worlds Funnest, since he does mention destroying every numbered dimension and shattering every dimesion in the entirety of DC. And that story isn't even canont technically.

Other than that, he's been shown to be below any tier 1-A characters and was threatened by a 10th Dimensional being (though the canon nature of a that story is dubious) and had to power up to be a 10D being in Cosmic Adventures. And like Ant said it's been stated in canon that he's still only limited to 5 Spatial Dimensions at a time in Grant Morrison's own cosmology.

That being said a WF key would be cool.

I think that he is restricted by it, yes, but things have been left rather unclear recently.

Mister Mxy is currently High 2-A and below Doctor Manhattan.

From what we have so far, people directly from the Overvoid are 1-A,

At the moment, Captain Adam is 1-C.

The God Head's of the Fourth World are High 2-A.

The three sons withing the Multiverse are 2-A.

The question is where the 5th dimension should be among these tiers.

Yes. Sandman31 and PrinceOfTheMorning would be of great help for this, but they are almost inactive now.

Since Captain Adam is able to make contact with the Overvoid, would that place Mr. Mxy below him since he is limited by the source wall?

Mxy is very arguably 1-B or 1-A in current canon what with what the 5th Dimension actually is and what it does. It's no longer a Geometric Dimension, but rahter Imagination. The blood and fuel of the multiverse. Because metafiction and shit. See Mxy literally taking the color and life out of the comicbook page by removing Imagination from the multiverse.

Probably something else entirely but Mxy would need a new key. 5th Dimension being Imagination in a Meta-sense and not a geometric dimension is a very new development. And 1-B is more likely as the 1-A realms of the DC Multiverse, Limbo and Monitor Space, are beyond Imagination.

Darkseid doesn't scale to Mxy. 5th Dimensions is different to Fourth World. Mxy was erasing the Multiverse like an artist erasing his drawing. Like Matt said.

Also it wouldn't scale to other Imps since Mxy in current Rebirth Canon was stated to be "One of the two most powerful Imps", with the other one being Bat-Mite. They are each set over Superman and Batman respectively to act as their personal guardian / trickster / tester spirits, because of each hero's metatextual's importance to the multiverse as a whole.

Well, we would need evaluations from other knowledgeable members before we assign such massive upgrades, and a solid rationale for them.

I personally have a hard time seeing Mxyzptlk nearly as high as 1-A without solid evidence, given that he was clearly established as just two degrees of infinity above regular 3-D space.

" "Amitabha." In the blink of an eye, Li Qiye placed both palms together for a mudra. There was no overly dazzling Buddhist light and affinity this time around. It was only a faint glow around his body.

But he seemed to be crossing through eternity and the river of time itself. This was a being from an old epoch traveling to this world, no longer restrained by the yin-yang and temporal sphere." On a separate note:

No longer being restraint by Yin Yang is only Low 1C damn.

I meant that two degrees of infinity above 3-D space is now Low 1-C.

two degrees of infinity above 3-D, which is 5-D, which would be 1-C in the new system... As a starting point until we get more decisie people here to have their opinions weighed in.

Back