• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isnt EE that erases body & Soul just EE + Soul manip?

why isnt EE that erases both body & soul, just EE with soul manip?
if destroying someones soul via normal attacks counts as Soul manip then why not the same with EE?

There is a difference between erasing and destruction. Unless the context or characters of the verse makes it clear that certain destruction abilities = EE such as Beerus' Hakai, it literally translates as destruction but is regarded as EE since it was stated by multiple characters to be capable of erasing beings from existence.

It is the matter about the way you affecting soul. EE can destroy soul, then the soul destruction part is just byproduct/result of advance EE hax rather than actual and direct soul manip. Soul Manip is when you directly affect soul with your hax, but EE destroy soul is just another effect of EE and it is indirecting/alternative way to destroy soul as you can't destroy it without EE, so that why EE destroy soul will not grant you soul manip. It is like when you use reality warping to erase someone, it will not grant you a solid EE because it is a byproduct of your reality warping, you not outright EE your opponent

because erasing is not the same as destroying, I can destroy someone and kill them due it, but it still doesnt means that I erased the thing from the existence
no? in the context of souls, erasing is pretty much the same as destroying,
the reason EE negates dura (to my knowledge) is because it's a complete a physical destruction of a physical body which is impossible via convenatial means
destroying a soul, a non physical massless entity, is the same thing as erasing it, as in the soul get reduced to nothing

no? in the context of souls, erasing is pretty much the same as destroying,
the reason EE negates dura (to my knowledge) is because it's a complete a physical destruction of a physical body which is impossible via convenatial means
Nope, the reason that EE negates dura is because it literally Erase the target, but Soul Manipulation not always is existence erasure, there has characters who can tank attacks that hurt their souls, but it doesnt means that they can resist an attack that Erase a soul

Nope, the reason that EE negates dura is because it literally Erase the target,
that is literally what i said

but Soul Manipulation not always is existence erasure, there has characters who can tank attacks that hurt their souls, but it doesnt means that they can resist an attack that Erase a soul
explain to me logically how destroying a soul is not the same as erasing it, because they both have the same result on the affected target
I.E soul becomes nothing
this is different when it's a physical body, with EE it becomes nothing, with normal attacks, the matter that formed it still remains just in a different order

explain to me logically how destroying a soul is not the same as erasing it, because they both have the same result on the affected target
I.E soul becomes nothing
iirc, the wiki doesnt consider like that, they rate the process of destroying something to be not the same of erasing, unless it was like a complet destruction of the soul that the context is erasure or some crap

It is the matter about the way you affecting soul. EE can destroy soul, then the soul destruction part is just byproduct/result of advance EE hax rather than actual and direct soul manip. Soul Manip is when you directly affect soul with your hax, but EE destroy soul is just another effect of EE and it is indirecting/alternative way to destroy soul as you can't destroy it without EE, so that why EE destroy soul will not grant you soul manip. It is like when you use reality warping to erase someone, it will not grant you a solid EE because it is a byproduct of your reality warping, you not outright EE your opponent
the same could be said with normal attacks and other abilties, but for example if a character has fire capable of incinerating souls, it's still counted as soul manip + fire manip

Both destruction and erasure are the same in the context of unmade and reduce something to nothingness; but at least here, we use erase to refer when there's no remains left, and destruction when it's "shattered" into pieces.

As a raw ability, EE can stack with a bunch of other powers, so EE the soul is also soul manip.

Both destruction and erasure are the same in the context of unmade and reduce something to nothingness; but at least here, we use erase to refer when there's no remains left, and destruction when it's "shattered" into pieces.

As a raw ability, EE can stack with a bunch of other powers, so EE the soul is also soul manip.
the problem is, it isnt treated that way, if you resist soul EE for example, that wont protect you against regular soul manip and vice versa

Proving to resist EE is kind of difficult, one may say that the character resists void manip, have soul anchoring, or coincidentally resist a kind of power that can also EE (such magic or antimatter), but straight up resisting EE is kind of vague and may lead to nlf.

the problem is, it isnt treated that way, if you resist soul EE for example, that wont protect you against regular soul manip and vice versa
Because Sou Manip directly affect soul, EE that can destroy soul is byproduct, and you are being limited to EE in order to destroy soul
Fire that burn Soul is different as it directly affect the soul

Proving to resist EE is kind of difficult, one may say that the character resists void manip, have soul anchoring, or coincidentally resist a kind of power that can also EE (such magic or antimatter), but straight up resisting EE is kind of vague and may lead to nlf.
its not vague in this context, EE that erases soul & body, is just regular physical EE + soul manipulation, so if you resist it, you should resist soul manip along with EE, unless someone proves that destroying a soul with EE =/= destroying a soul with soul hax, it should be that way

Because Sou Manip directly affect soul, EE that can destroy soul is byproduct, and you are being limited to EE in order to destroy soul
Fire that burn Soul is different as it directly affect the soul
they're the same thing I.E 1 move with 2 abilities
EE soul destruction is a byproduct of EE is the same as Fire soul destruction is a byproduct of fire manip, yet both are treated differently for some reason

Back